Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-20-2011, 08:17 AM   #181
Aquarium Advice Freak

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-852645073.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	57221

Name:	image-2500254844.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	57222

Veiled cham seymore quite temperamental lately. Wish he would be a little more sociable lol !!

Old 10-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #182
Aquarium Advice Activist

A Corn Snake in a 20 gal. a rose hair tarantula in a 10 gal. and a leopard gecko in a 10 gal.

Old 10-20-2011, 05:19 PM   #183
come get me tang police!

Our more recent additions, left to right: sun conure, jenday conure, sun conure. 2 boys and a girl. Mightve posted them already but I finally have a pic with them all together.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:31 PM   #184
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetajockey View Post
Our more recent additions, left to right: sun conure, jenday conure, sun conure. 2 boys and a girl. Mightve posted them already but I finally have a pic with them all together.
They are beautiful! I am a huge bird fan.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:14 PM   #185
come get me tang police!

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutangel04 View Post
They are beautiful! I am a huge bird fan.
Thanks, I've always wanted some ever since I saw them in petsmart, ended up finding the three and got them for next to nothing because they needed a good permanent home. They are around 10+ years old.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #186
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

We have a 50Gal Salt water tank,a 150Gal fresh water tank, 2 dachund's(one all black named Tootsie and one a cinnamon color named Wrinkles),a shephard/collie mix dog names Mollie,poodle/schuzer mix dog names Chance, a tiger cat named Elmo and another cat that is gray&white named Diego.Its def alot of work but worth it:~)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	57309   Click image for larger version

Name:	008.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	253.3 KB
ID:	57310  

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	242.6 KB
ID:	57311  
Old 10-20-2011, 08:35 PM   #187
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetajockey View Post
Thanks, I've always wanted some ever since I saw them in petsmart, ended up finding the three and got them for next to nothing because they needed a good permanent home. They are around 10+ years old.
Thats awesome. I am looking into adopting a parrot of some sort, preferably a smaller one, but I live in a small town, so availability is limited.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:13 PM   #188
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutangel04
Thats awesome. I am looking into adopting a parrot of some sort, preferably a smaller one, but I live in a small town, so availability is limited.
Look for a bird adoption agency in Canada it's terrible stats say 4 birds to every human here in Canada and most are neglected after the novelty wears off most people don't know they are pretty much life time pets so here in Canada there is hundreds of private bird adoption places most do follow ups to make sure your not breeding because soooo many need homes but you can understand why
Old 10-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #189
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan-peddle View Post
Look for a bird adoption agency in Canada it's terrible stats say 4 birds to every human here in Canada and most are neglected after the novelty wears off most people don't know they are pretty much life time pets so here in Canada there is hundreds of private bird adoption places most do follow ups to make sure your not breeding because soooo many need homes but you can understand why
Yeah, lots of people buy parrots without realizing what a commitment they are. I have run into the same sort of process here in WA with home inspections, bird behavior classes, and things like that. None of that bothers me at all, but its hard because I don't believe birds are ship-able and I live in a small town, so getting somewhere to be able to pick one up gets to be a challenge. I actually found a really nice rescue center in BC, but its just too hard for me to get up there and back.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:39 PM   #190
AA Team Emeritus

New Addition to the Class Zoo!

Our newest addition, just 6 weeks old;

"Listen to some of these guys talk, and it's like they were born from their momma's belly with a fishkeeping encyclopedia in one hand and an API kit in the other" (unrevealed).
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com