What are your fish named?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My beta is named Ares because they are fighting fish and in Greek mythology Ares I'd the god of war. And my ADF Is named Tarzan. There was a Jane but she had dropsy and died...

Not all mine have names yet. But i have a dalmation molly named poka, used to have dot but she was mean so she had to go, have a black molly named liqourice, two white ones named tweedle dee and tweedle dumb, a snail named gary, and my betta Rambo.

Oh yeah, my girlfriend named two of my cories tweedle dee and teedle dumb. forgot

Well...

Our Betta is named Doyle, after an obscure TV series character we liked.
We have 5 guppies: Ladaysha (my wife came up with that one), Violet (who happens to be a male, but we didn't know that when we named him. He is a tequila sunrise type, and we decided he is manly enough to keep it), Flint, tony and speckles all have *tiger print on their tails. Flint for fire starter, though he is our most calm male, Tony...well Tony the tiger, and speckles cause his spots are really just small speckles. We have 5 black kuhli loaches. We started with 2, and named them Flotsom and Jetsom (little mermaid). But now that we have 5 we can't tell them apart, so we just call them all Flotsom and Jetsom. We have 6 glolight tetras, and the smallest is Tenacious Tiny Tim, cause he'll take on anything in the tank.

I have angels named sushi and fluffy. I have a pink gourami named repunzel ( had two but they didn't get along other was named Eugene ). My daughter named them.

There are a lot of us that are using disney cartoon characters to name our fish... :raises hand: guilt as charged.

The character in the jungle book's name is mowgli. :oops: Not to be a smarty pants. I haven't really gotten around to naming much of them yet. The ones that I did name are the guppies, the one with a yellow and black tail is bumblebee, the red tail is ironhide, blue tail is mirage, and orange tail is Hot Rod. LOL
ohh i didnt know how to spell it Lol

My beta is named Ares because they are fighting fish and in Greek mythology Ares I'd the god of war. And my ADF Is named Tarzan. There was a Jane but she had dropsy and died...
i love your adf names!! i might use the tarzan and jane in the future ;)

Manta and rock!

Attachments

• image-1231721093.jpg
    image-1231721093.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 137
  • image-2032937432.jpg
    image-2032937432.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 124
He is a freshwater lion fish. Aka a frog fish. He is very spoiled.

I have angels named sushi and fluffy. I have a pink gourami named repunzel ( had two but they didn't get along other was named Eugene ). My daughter named them.

I've got to think Sushi is a little nervous about his/her name. :lol:

I have a jack Dempsey named Buca, a Red Devil named Killian, and a Senegal Bichir named Jameson. My spoiled rotten lil guys. Haha. They eat better then I do... And IM FAT! Wth. Lol

Attachments

• image-3758908424.jpg
    image-3758908424.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 69
  • image-446580014.jpg
    image-446580014.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 91
  • image-1918002676.jpg
    image-1918002676.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 87
I also have a bamboo shrimp named Thor. And I have started to feel left out, so I guess i should name my next fish after a Disney character!:lol: My angels are Damien, Legion, and Delilah. I still have to name 3 silver tip tetras, an albino BN pleco, 2 red variatus, and a zebra nerite snail. Oh yeah, and I have 2 mystery snails named Turbo and Scurry. Platies named Chuck Norris(who turned out to be a girl), Tom Selleck, and Burt Reynolds. White skirt tetra named Calypso. Peppered cories are Gemma, Baxter, Dexter, and Salt. :D

And I have started to feel left out, so I guess i should name my next fish after a Disney character!:lol: :D

It's ok. None of my animals are named after disney characters. Mine come from my own head and one of my favorite manga. I used to have a pair of bettas that were named after the main pairing of the story (Izumi and Hikari) but now I'm left with just my male. Even my dog is just Sydney.

The green neon tetras (Paracheirodon simulans) collectively and ironically named, "The Blue School".
The blue-eyed forktails (Pseudomugil furcatus) are named "The Comedy Club" because they are so funny.
The otos (Otocinclus vestitus) are referred to as "The John Deere Collective" because they mowed through a tank full of diatoms in under 48 hours :eek:!
The corys (Corydoras sterbai) are ... well, they're just called "crazy or nuts or OMG sit still!" depending. :ROFLMAO: I didn't know fish could develop ADHD! Up down all around, Zip, Zap and Zoom. Which is what I call them when I'm being kind. ;)
The peaceful bettas (Betta imbellis) are Mr. & Mrs. Smith. :)

We havent named all 7 of our platys, but we have:

Wiggles and Jiggles (because they swim FAST and wiggle their back end when they swim)
Spot and Sunny (sunny recently passed, but they are both orange, and spot has more spots)
We have 4 more that we just call "Wiggles' girls" because he is ALL OVER them ALL THE TIME!
My Bala is named "Sharky" (original I know)
My 2 headlight tail lights are "Zippy and Skippy" (they are quick!)
We once had 3 Black neons (were named the 3 muskiteers) but now we have one and my bf named him "Nucklehead".
We have two cardinal tetras no names yet, and no names for the Silvertips.
We are currently thinking of named for the Otos.

We use to have 4 little catfish bottom feeders a very long time ago and they were "Hoover", "Dyson", "Dirtdevil", and "Bissell" :-D

Back
Top Bottom