Originally Posted by Alan79
I just vacated the resident of my running 20g to my new running 30g. At present it is 2 comets in the 30 that i plan to build a 1-200g portable pond for as they grow. I just started restocking the comets old tank. Bought 10 neon tetras today, will add 5 Kuhli loaches tomorrow. Thinking about some Harlequin Rasboras too.
17 days later and where my tanks are.
20g. 1 NT died of stuck to hole behind filter i hadn't noticed, now fixed. Bought the 5 KLs and 4 HR's (all LFS
had in stock) and wanted 5 more HRs. Scored 2 HRs, 4 NTs with a Bristlenose Plec and the 5g rimless cube they were in for free yesterday.
- Acclimate the new arrivals into the 20g tomorrow. Priority 1.
- Operation filter shuffle. I have 2 new uncycled filters that will be going into an empty 20, and the other will soon replace 2 smaller filters in the running 20g. Priority 2.
When time permits (pushing for within a fortnight)
- Start the build on another 20g. I have soil, iron rich clay and fine black gravel for substrate, Driftwood is ready for a cycling tank and enough plant clippings to make it look pretty though the cycling process. Hope to have it ready for hardscaping tomorrow.
- Stop procrastinating with a stand build so i can move both 20g tanks onto the bottom shelf.
- Flood + add cycling filter. I don't want to have to empty it to move it to the stand so flood is postponed till stand is ready.
- Repair the broken 40g i have to occupy the upper shelf. Will fix it when i get the glass.
Next 1-3 months
- Plan and build a pond.
- Split the inhabitants of my soon to be overstocked 20g into 2 tanks.