What are your next plans for your tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettaowner

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just thought I would start this thread for all of us to share our plans for our tanks as the year slowly comes to an end. I'll be turning my 55 into a tank for new world cichlids or convicts only. I know it sounds strange but I really like them.

I bought a 240 gallon about a month ago. So...new lighting, circulation pump, plants and get it stocked.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131201_143522.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131201_143522.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 107
Replace the trim on a 55 gallon tank I got then get everything I need to set it up and stock it. Breed some Plecos in my 29 gallon and some guppies in my 20

Smash my 10 gallon tank by the end of year, for being to small, and buying a 55 gallon tank, with all cardinal tetras, or something like that lol.

I currently got a 55gal bow front abd im building a 39gal and might have enough glass left over to build a 20 gal i also have my 8 gal nano just sitting there so might set that up as well :)

My next tank will be an acrylic 125 gallon or higher. I plan on buying the acrylic and building it myself. I am also framing my basement so this will be an wall build. It will be a saltwater aquarium. I made the switch about a year ago and will never go back to freshwater.

I'm gonna finish stocking my 55 gallon with:
5 kuhli loaches
8 hatchet fish
2 plecos
I'm gonna get a heater for my 5 gallon and get a dwarf puffer!
I'm gonna finish quarantine my fish and make my 10 gallon a rcs and guppy tank (with divider)
I'm gonna pay for a 30 gallon I found on craigslist and make that into a South American leaf fish tank!
SO MANY PLANS SO LITTLE TIME!!!!!!!!

I just vacated the resident of my running 20g to my new running 30g. At present it is 2 comets in the 30 that i plan to build a 1-200g portable pond for as they grow. I just started restocking the comets old tank. Bought 10 neon tetras today, will add 5 Kuhli loaches tomorrow. Thinking about some Harlequin Rasboras too.

I am going to completely change the stocking of my tank once I switch to the 90g I should be getting today. High tech high light planted tank. Pulling out all of my shrimp to house some larger fish species.

2 Angels
10 Harlequin Rasbora
10 Praecox Rainbows
10 Synodontis Petricola
4 Plecos
2 - Bristlenose
1 - Rubber Lip
1 - Orinoco Angel

I am currently in the process of putting together a drilled 220 gallon tank. It will be at least a year till I can set it up but I almost have everything I need. Only big piece I'm missing is a return pump. I'm going to custom build the stand out of wood which will hold the 75 gallon sump. I also have 3 very large pieces of driftwood that came with the tank for decor. I haven't decided on gravel or sand substrate yet and I haven't nailed down a stock list. I'm either gonna go with a peacock/hap tank (the driftwood will not be used) or I'm gonna have a monster tank and go with new world cichlids. I also thought about just throwing in 300 neon tetras instead. lol

I there I have a 200l goldfish 4ft aquarium I have about 15 fish in it but my plans are to change to a tropical aquarium what should i do next? Odviously I have to get the goldfish out but what steps should I take so I can cycle the new set up? Hope makes sense

It should be cycled already if you had 15 healthy goldfish for any length of time. Just make sure you keep the filter media away from water that has not been treated with prime or API water conditioner because chlorine and other additives to tap water will kill the bacteria that converts very harmful Ammonia into Nitrite then Nitrate. Do you have a master test kit to test PH, Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate?

Just a small ph test kit. What kits will I need I want to make sure I have everything I need before I add the first community

A tank of relaxation.

I'd love to have a 30 gallon in my living room centrally located so I can relax on the sofa with a hot cup of tea and watch the fish.:love: I'm thinking black sand substrata, planted, with good composition and maybe a centerpiece rock or wood. Two graceful goldfish, a school of neons tetras, a school of black tetras or maybe danios, and a pretty snail. Hopefully on a stand that has under storage to hide all the equipment and cords.(y)

I might try to paint all of the backs of my tanks black. I'm thinking about buying black sand for my betta tank, adding more bettas/dividers, and hopefully getting a hood soon. Waiting for petco's 50% off sale to stock up my 29g. Waiting to get some more cash to heavily plant my tanks more. I'm pretty excited. :)

I just vacated the resident of my running 20g to my new running 30g. At present it is 2 comets in the 30 that i plan to build a 1-200g portable pond for as they grow. I just started restocking the comets old tank. Bought 10 neon tetras today, will add 5 Kuhli loaches tomorrow. Thinking about some Harlequin Rasboras too.

17 days later and where my tanks are.
20g. 1 NT died of stuck to hole behind filter i hadn't noticed, now fixed. Bought the 5 KLs and 4 HR's (all LFS had in stock) and wanted 5 more HRs. Scored 2 HRs, 4 NTs with a Bristlenose Plec and the 5g rimless cube they were in for free yesterday.

Immediate plans
- Acclimate the new arrivals into the 20g tomorrow. Priority 1.
- Operation filter shuffle. I have 2 new uncycled filters that will be going into an empty 20, and the other will soon replace 2 smaller filters in the running 20g. Priority 2.

When time permits (pushing for within a fortnight)
- Start the build on another 20g. I have soil, iron rich clay and fine black gravel for substrate, Driftwood is ready for a cycling tank and enough plant clippings to make it look pretty though the cycling process. Hope to have it ready for hardscaping tomorrow.
- Stop procrastinating with a stand build so i can move both 20g tanks onto the bottom shelf.
- Flood + add cycling filter. I don't want to have to empty it to move it to the stand so flood is postponed till stand is ready.
- Repair the broken 40g i have to occupy the upper shelf. Will fix it when i get the glass.

Next 1-3 months
- Plan and build a pond.
- Split the inhabitants of my soon to be overstocked 20g into 2 tanks.

Back
Top Bottom