Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-10-2004, 06:48 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

what are your tank ideas?

well at my parents i helped install an in-wall tank. ive seen pictures of old tv's transformed in tanks. so my idea was to combine these into what i call the in-wall false plasma tank. get the front shell of a plasma screen and place it around your tank. now what crazy idea do you have?

Old 01-10-2004, 11:17 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
sounds fun. Then you will have people asking you why you destoryed a really expensive plazma tv when all you did was maybe get a spair parts front frame.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:51 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to general tzao Send a message via MSN to general tzao Send a message via Yahoo to general tzao
how about you get a tank about 7 1/2 deep and 18 wide 15 - 17 high and a computer case.. cut out the window in the side panel and use that.. then for tank decoration you could use sunken processors, coloured cathode lights, and use plastic wire braiding or split loom on all your air tubes? or even use double stick tape to attach a custom fan guard to the side of the tank so it looks like an actual computer window? 8) ofcourse you would also cut out the interal drive brackets and motherboard tray but any monkey with a dremel could do that
Old 01-10-2004, 12:56 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to general tzao Send a message via MSN to general tzao Send a message via Yahoo to general tzao
tank idea

here is a stock case pic
Old 01-10-2004, 06:17 PM   #5

My fantasy tank:

Have a big pond built right up against the foundation of my house, with big glass/acrylic viewing windows in my basement walls!

Old 01-11-2004, 05:22 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

corvuscorax ive seen something similar to that. a huge koi pond that ran along the south and half the west walls of the house. thick acrylic windows in the basement let in plenty of sunlight to a library/office. man to kick back im my own comfy leather chair with a good book, look out at my happy messy fishies. that would be wonderful.
10g: 7 cardinal tetras, 7 black neon tetras, 5 pygmy cories
10g: 3 leopard geckos
a yellow lab, a bichon frise, and a grey tabby cat
Old 01-11-2004, 01:20 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

I saw photos of a setup like that once! It was amazing! I like koi but if I built a tank that big I would have to fill it with oscars and discus

As far as the original question, You should hook up with a local electronics repair shop. they can order replacement plastic panels for big plasma screens. If you can find a model that has a screen opening just a little bit smaller than the front pane dimensions of a stock tank you will make your life much easier. Good luck!

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com