Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-20-2004, 02:32 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice Freak

Grrr...accidently pressed back!!!

I loved the DaVinci code as well, read it in under a week. Has anyone read the book that came out before the DaVinci Code (the main character made a lot of references to that book). I was wondering if was any good?

Old 05-20-2004, 08:30 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Just finished "I, Robot". Was not what I expected after seeing the movie trailer!

Currently reading "Flashback" by Nevada Barr.

Will attempt the first of the "Master and Commander" series next, as that seems to be the first book that will arrive. I'm curious to see how it compares to the movie, though I didn't watch it with great reverence. I hope it won't be too cluttered with nautical data and terminology to make it hard to read.

Old 05-20-2004, 08:35 PM   #43
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
A few months ago, I read "Jane Eyre" for the first time. I loved it, especially now-a-days when independent women are praised rather than penalized.

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:34 PM   #44
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Anyone a "Master and Commander" fan? Please 'splain those nautical terms! I can get the gist of what's going on, but I hate not getting the full picture. I don't mean that literally, but does anyone get frustrated with that sort of thing? I don't know if I want to study archaic ships and navigation to get the full "pleasure" out of reading that book!

I wonder what made Hollywood make this book (or rather a later one in the series I guess) into a movie? It seems like nothing happens! I haven't finished yet though...

-----------

For some reason I lump "My Antonia" by willa cather, "Wuthering Heights" and "Jane Eyre" together. "Wuthering Heights" was painful, but I did enjoy Jane Eyre. Liked the movie (the most recent one with amanda root - enjoyed "persuasion" as well - root was Anne Elliot).
Old 09-28-2005, 09:20 PM   #45
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
I have a question and posted it here cause this is a great thread to bump (although I may be a tad partial, lol)

Anyone that is familiar with Ann Rice's Vampire Chronicles...Which is the last book in the chronicles? I have just started Merrick. The next ones I believe are from the "new" vampire chronicles, so does this mean Merrick is the last in the actual chronicles? I keep getting mixed information from the web.

Thanks!

Old 09-30-2005, 06:53 PM   #46
Aquarium Advice Addict

Right now I'm reading The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand (she's a great author). I'm a fast reader, but with all of the homework, school, etc. , I don't think I'll ever finish it.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:04 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice Addict

I just started Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:07 PM   #48
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well for 10th grade english I've read Life of Pi (which I really liked) and Rule of the Bone (which is interesting but depressing at the same time). If you haven't already read The Da Vinci (sp?) Code by Dan Brown I would highly recommend it, Angels and Demons is also a great read too.
I work at an LFS..
Old 10-01-2005, 02:20 PM   #49
AA Team Emeritus

a lot of people at my office read The Da Vinci Code....and loved it! Some are also reading the sequal (can't remember the name of it)

Old 10-01-2005, 02:57 PM   #50
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw80
I have a question and posted it here cause this is a great thread to bump (although I may be a tad partial, lol)

Anyone that is familiar with Ann Rice's Vampire Chronicles...Which is the last book in the chronicles? I have just started Merrick. The next ones I believe are from the "new" vampire chronicles, so does this mean Merrick is the last in the actual chronicles? I keep getting mixed information from the web.

Thanks!
The last one is Blood Canticle. After Merrick is Blood and Gold, Blackwood Farms and Blood Canticle, in that order.

The new tales start with David in Pandora and then Vittorio.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com