What book(s) are you reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grrr...accidently pressed back!!!

I loved the DaVinci code as well, read it in under a week. Has anyone read the book that came out before the DaVinci Code (the main character made a lot of references to that book). I was wondering if was any good?

Just finished "I, Robot". Was not what I expected after seeing the movie trailer!

Currently reading "Flashback" by Nevada Barr.

Will attempt the first of the "Master and Commander" series next, as that seems to be the first book that will arrive. I'm curious to see how it compares to the movie, though I didn't watch it with great reverence. I hope it won't be too cluttered with nautical data and terminology to make it hard to read.

A few months ago, I read "Jane Eyre" for the first time. I loved it, especially now-a-days when independent women are praised rather than penalized.

Anyone a "Master and Commander" fan? Please 'splain those nautical terms! I can get the gist of what's going on, but I hate not getting the full picture. I don't mean that literally, but does anyone get frustrated with that sort of thing? I don't know if I want to study archaic ships and navigation to get the full "pleasure" out of reading that book!

I wonder what made Hollywood make this book (or rather a later one in the series I guess) into a movie? It seems like nothing happens! I haven't finished yet though...

-----------

For some reason I lump "My Antonia" by willa cather, "Wuthering Heights" and "Jane Eyre" together. "Wuthering Heights" was painful, but I did enjoy Jane Eyre. Liked the movie (the most recent one with amanda root - enjoyed "persuasion" as well - root was Anne Elliot).

I have a question and posted it here cause this is a great thread to bump (although I may be a tad partial, lol)

Anyone that is familiar with Ann Rice's Vampire Chronicles...Which is the last book in the chronicles? I have just started Merrick. The next ones I believe are from the "new" vampire chronicles, so does this mean Merrick is the last in the actual chronicles? I keep getting mixed information from the web.

Thanks!

Right now I'm reading The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand (she's a great author). I'm a fast reader, but with all of the homework, school, etc. , I don't think I'll ever finish it.

Well for 10th grade english I've read Life of Pi (which I really liked) and Rule of the Bone (which is interesting but depressing at the same time). If you haven't already read The Da Vinci (sp?) Code by Dan Brown I would highly recommend it, Angels and Demons is also a great read too.

a lot of people at my office read The Da Vinci Code....and loved it! Some are also reading the sequal (can't remember the name of it)

lmw80 said:
I have a question and posted it here cause this is a great thread to bump (although I may be a tad partial, lol)

Anyone that is familiar with Ann Rice's Vampire Chronicles...Which is the last book in the chronicles? I have just started Merrick. The next ones I believe are from the "new" vampire chronicles, so does this mean Merrick is the last in the actual chronicles? I keep getting mixed information from the web.

Thanks!

The last one is Blood Canticle. After Merrick is Blood and Gold, Blackwood Farms and Blood Canticle, in that order. :D

The new tales start with David in Pandora and then Vittorio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom