What can i do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Simon_DG

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just bought 2 male killifish from my LPS they told me the 2 would be fine together as long as there are no female killifish so they should be good they dont seem to give eachother much attention.. but they seem to nip at my betta”s fins. I never seen them doing it but i can tell by his fins. I only have this one big tank where they are In and i really want to keep them they are verry need and full with personality so what can i do to prevent this ? IMG_5755.jpgView attachment 1View attachment 1

Get a small tank for your betta or they will kill him. 3-5gallon is fine with filter and heater.

I found my first old fish tank im going to set it up again i orderd a light and a new heather and some live plants for the new tank, u think it will be big enouf for my betta? IMG_5890.jpg

I really hate that she has to go from the big tank into this little tank :(

I know the feeling. Trust me... that's why I went with a 55g with female betta's in it. ?

How many gallons?

It is better than being eaten bite by bite by the other fish. If they are Golden Wonder Killis, they can be aggressive. Not always but the one I adopted from someone moving was a little biter and it had to go. Then I found out that there can be this behavior and I believe also with the Fundulopanchax gardneri.

But is a wide and high aquarium but its kinda thin like only 2 times his length long thats why im concerned :/

Would it be a option to add more plants in the aquarium so he can hide more and that way he can stay in?

I think not leave him to be bitten.

5G is a good size tank, though your dimensions are not perfect, it still gives the Betta so much room to swim around in. Lots of plants and places to lay in is ideal.

I put him in his new tank, i allready added a plant for him to explore and rest on. New plants, light, and smaller heater should arrive tomorow but i wanted him to be safe so he is allready in. I putted in 2 guppy’s to for him to not feel alone and go after a little bit to have something to do. Now he can grow his fins back which are allready coming back after the wounds of the killi’s View attachment 1View attachment 1

Update on betta: he is doing verry well and his new tank is finally finished. All his fins have grown back :) IMG_6232.jpgIMG_6015.jpg

That's cool! Always happy to see them taken care of. Looks much better, and happier. Nice little set up for him.

Back
Top Bottom