What canister filter should i get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SquiddyBoi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 20 gallon freshwater planted aquarium that is slightly overstocked so i want to over filter. I have a budget of about <$300

Was looking at the Fluval line of canisters for a future project myself. The 106 turns 100gph, the 206 turns 200gph, either would be considered adequate for overfiltering. At my lfs 106 was $104 & 206 was $121.

I previously had a Fluval fx5 and loved it, should also consider eheim and sunsun as many like these also....but I like Fluval great quality for $ .[emoji6]

What size aquarium? Have a 306 in my 55 and really like it. Have had a few quirky things with it, but once it's been figured out I like it better than my HOB

What size aquarium? Have a 306 in my 55 and really like it. Have had a few quirky things with it, but once it's been figured out I like it better than my HOB

20 gallon standard. Overstocked slightly.

For fresh or saltwater?
For FW, SunSun 302b or Ehiem 2213/2215.
For SW, I'd get an HOB filter or invest in a sump.

Honestly I have 2 running right now (one api one marineland) and they both kinda suck. I've got a diy wet/dry I made from plastic drawers and a cheap submersible pond pump I think is way better. Canisters end up breaking/leaking eventually. You'd be surprised what you can MacGyver together at the hardware store. I saw a video on how to convert 5-gallon bucket into a diy canister that would put any others to shame. Plus you get infinite customization possibilities when you make your own

I have a fluval 206 in my 29 gallon and I think it's awesome! I use filter floss, pond sponges and bio rings as advised by people on here and my water looks amazing!

Back
Top Bottom