Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #991
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronjohn20
Did a 20g pwc on my 46g bow front cause its been neglected for the past 2 weeks or so. I've had A LOT on my plate recently. I also topped off water on my 10g birthing/fry tank, and also the oscars tank. I had a bolivian ram given to me! I knew he was a cichlid so I floated the bag in the oscars tank. Well after I did alittle research I found out that they only get to 3 maybe 4inches and are a good community tank fish depending on what you have. So I took the bag out of the oscars tank and acclimated him into the community tank. I think that he thinks he is a corey cat lol!
Good idea. Mr. Oscar might of had an expensive snack.

Old 08-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #992
Aquarium Advice Freak

Expensive??? How much do they run normally? He's not very big, an inch and a half, maybe 2 at the most. He seems to be following the corey cats a lot. I did see that they like to be in groups of 5 or more I think it said, but I think I am pretty much stocked at this point maybe even overstocked, plus you said they are expensive so I would hate to think how much 4 more would cost me, let alone finding them! Ohhh and the oscar is inbetween 4 and 5 inch so I don't think he's big enough to eat him YET!

Old 08-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #993
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Expensive??? How much do they run normally? He's not very big, an inch and a half, maybe 2 at the most. He seems to be following the corey cats a lot. I did see that they like to be in groups of 5 or more I think it said, but I think I am pretty much stocked at this point maybe even overstocked, plus you said they are expensive so I would hate to think how much 4 more would cost me, let alone finding them!
Get your bolivian a buddy if your tank can support it. Both of mine were $7 a piece. Can we see a pic of your ram?
Old 08-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #994
Aquarium Advice Freak

There he is with the coreys lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120819_140326.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	113520
Old 08-20-2012, 12:32 AM   #995
Aquarium Advice Freak

Here's what I am going to be doing on my fish tanks tomorrow. NOTHING, not even gonna turn the lights on. With that being said I'm sure a few think I'm nuts but we are leaving in the morning and not gonna be home till sometime Tuesday. Our 5yr old daughter has to have a kidney removed tomorrow so there's my reason for it. I'm not too worried about the fish, its the plants I'm worried about, well not really but..... I only have a amazon sword or something like that in the community tank. Its living but its not thriving. I need to get a different bulb. I think the one that's in there now is a 10,000k and also the moss that's in the 10g birthing/fry tank. Hope they will be okay but its not like I have a lot of money wrapped up in the 2 plants. I almost bought a timer today but it cost as much as I paid for the 2 plants and plus I would of had to buy 2 of them.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:40 AM   #996

Quote:
Here's what I am going to be doing on my fish tanks tomorrow. NOTHING, not even gonna turn the lights on. With that being said I'm sure a few think I'm nuts but we are leaving in the morning and not gonna be home till sometime Tuesday. Our 5yr old daughter has to have a kidney removed tomorrow so there's my reason for it. I'm not too worried about the fish, its the plants I'm worried about, well not really but..... I only have a amazon sword or something like that in the community tank. Its living but its not thriving. I need to get a different bulb. I think the one that's in there now is a 10,000k and also the moss that's in the 10g birthing/fry tank. Hope they will be okay but its not like I have a lot of money wrapped up in the 2 plants. I almost bought a timer today but it cost as much as I paid for the 2 plants and plus I would of had to buy 2 of them.
Thoughts and prayers are with your daughter and family. Hope all goes well.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:29 AM   #997
Aquarium Advice Freak

Sending you and your family a prayer for strength and a return to good health for your precious daughter. First things first.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:28 AM   #998
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronjohn20 View Post
awww I'm praying for her, I hope everything works out
Old 08-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #999
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks everyone. We are at the hospital now
Old 08-20-2012, 08:07 PM   #1000
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks everyone. Surgery went great and she is in her room resting! I just don't understand how they expect a 5yr old (6 in two days) to be down for 4 weeks lol

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com