Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-20-2016, 12:50 AM   #9991
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Well he is in with two moray eels and so far they are doing fine together, but they are one of the more nasty and aggressive triggers, so....
I had one ages ago when I worked at a lfs. I adopted it because we couldn't afford to give him a 50 gal tank all to himself because he killed everything we put with it. After it killed a too many $$$ worth of fish plus costing retail space, the owner told me I could have it if I wanted. I had that one for a couple of years and he was nasty and mischievous. He used to pile all the rocks up against the front viewing pane. I'm hoping this one will be easy going....

the eels just chillin'

I rescaped so there are myriad holes and passageways along the bottom so the eels have plenty of spaces/caves and the trigger resides in the red coral or the vase.

this is temporary housing for a couple months at most.

Old 02-20-2016, 01:38 AM   #9992
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post
while doing a water change today I found my long spine urchin of 5 years dead , I loved that guy guess I'll have to get another ,
Sorry to hear. Those Urchins are pretty neat.

Oh yes - also did pwc to 11.4G Mr Aqua TT tank and added that water to the planted bowls. Made a mess adding "just a little more" too much water to the AquaFarm and soaked the cabinet.

Added water to the snail bucket, the 12G Edge, and 72G and a little left over water to the 46G. And 6.6G SW.

The Oak leaves added to the TT tank are settling in and the snails are after them already. Also the Assassin snail has quite the bone yard of empty snail shells- RH and MTS - mostly RH.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:56 AM   #9993
Aquarium Advice Freak

I added some Crypt Nevilli, Crypt Tonkinensis and Rotala Macrandra to my Betta tank. It needed some algae scraped off the glass so i did a 75% water change while i added the plants and scraped away the algae. It's looking nice now.

I want to clean out a 20g i have in my kitchen. It only has a pleco in there at the moment and he will do better in an under-stocked 3 foot tank i have running. If I have time after cleaning that tank out I will clear up some space to add the rest of the crypts and the macrandra i bought this morning. I might shift everything round enough to make it look like a different tank. It's looked the same for about seven months now.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...al-292013.html
Alan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:10 PM   #9994
Aquarium Advice Addict

Took some pics of my most favorite plant: Aponogeton Ulvaceus

This is the picture I took 1 month ago of this plant.

This is today.

The longer leaves are approximately 1 foot long.

Closeup of the leaf structure so you guys can see why it's soo awesome
Old 02-21-2016, 04:49 AM   #9995
Aquarium Advice Freak

Nice growth

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 02-21-2016, 02:58 PM   #9996
Aquarium Advice Regular

Tank today

Did a 35 percent water change today. Cleaned algae off glass. Checked filter. All ok thinking of nerite snails. Or am I asking for trouble?
Old 02-21-2016, 04:59 PM   #9997
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardg View Post
Did a 35 percent water change today. Cleaned algae off glass. Checked filter. All ok thinking of nerite snails. Or am I asking for trouble?

Nerites are cool. The only down side is the white eggs they will lay around the tank. The eggs can be wiped off if you desire. I have several Nerites in my 46g.

Old 02-21-2016, 05:05 PM   #9998
Aquarium Advice Freak

Did 40% water change in both 5g's. 75% change in my 12g long. 30% change in my 4.6g. 50% change in my 46g. Cleaned the glass on all. Also, saw a ton of Copods in the 12g long.

Last night I ordered a 48" Finnex Planted Plus 24/7 and two 200 watt Cobalt Neotherm heaters for the either 75g or 90g tank I'm gonna buy this next week.

Old 02-21-2016, 05:43 PM   #9999
Aquarium Advice Regular

So I'll be scraping off eggs instead of algae. I think I'll stick with the minimal algae for now. Had bad experiences with mystery snails dying and decomposing in my old set up
Old 02-21-2016, 06:44 PM   #10000
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

Installed ATO today, tested it by removing water from the sump. Both water sensors and pump shut off sensor working. For some reason didn't think of a siphon forming since had the reservoir higher than the sump. So dumped about 1/10 of a gallon of water in the tank. Moved the reservoir down below. Shouldn't do things when tired. Glad I tested would have been worse if was the whole 2 gallons.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com