What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It cracked???:eek: What was the cause of the crack? That is horrific!

Still not sure, i was in the kitchen at the time i heard a click came through and didn't realise till later it was near the top water was dripping down the side. Nobody's owned up to it as the kids were playing with the dogs mmm?

40% clean on my elephant nose tank rearranged it still not sure, want some new driftwood

ForumRunner_20130201_110742.jpg

Also ive just moved one of my tanks to the bedroom to make room for the rio. I love my pristella tetra they were group attacking the gravel vac. 'What are you doing in my tank!'

Going to my parents to try and get their tank in some kind of healthy state again since me trying to explain the importance of regular maintenance doesn't seem to stick. I just feel so bad for the fish. I'll be posting some before and after pics. I think I'm just going to have to make this a regular thing, but I don't mind too much. Just means I get to do whatever I feel like with the tank and don't have to spend any if my own money lol.

Lol thats just a life dream as with anything:) if you can spend someone elses money and not your own youre laughing.

Still not sure, i was in the kitchen at the time i heard a click came through and didn't realise till later it was near the top water was dripping down the side. Nobody's owned up to it as the kids were playing with the dogs mmm?

Went through that recently with an antique globe light grrrrrr. Gatta love those kids.

50% WC 20g salt breeder
40B salt cycling
10% WC 37g salt
10% WC 30g Brackish
10% WC 35g fresh
Cleaned glass on all 5 tanks

My normal is different now- thanks everyone

:thanks: I stopped doing 10% changes EVERY day. I now do 1 10% change midweek and a 30% change on the weekends on my puffer tank. I'm working on a biocube set up so that I can fix and build a better set up with my 40g breeder and my 10g nano. Thanks to everyones help/ encouragement I have stopped my saltwater insanity- and it actually helped get me over that last phos stall, just in time... I have all rocks I'm going to use in my 10g and the sand and rocks I'm going to bust up for rubble for the back in my 40g (sand is for the front :facepalm: ). My 10g is getting the snail work over (10 nassarius, 13 astrea, 5 ceriths and one turbo) and rock curing- I got a ton of empty coralline covered turbo snail shells free from petco so I chipped as much as I could off into filters and crushed the rest of the shell up and tossed them into my big pile of rocks and snails- I haven't seen my peppermint shrimp in days- however I found 2 molted shells and there is a TON of rock for him to hide in so I'm not too worried:deadhorse:

I did plant my ludwigia repens in my 10g planted :)
59613-albums11245-picture50418.jpg

and I- fixed the light ballast for my cube (replaced a couple of wires and replaced the bulbs), took out the media tray and false bottom and cleaned it out. Found instructions on how to mod to add a light to the back so I can have cultured rock and maybe some chaeto- I have a spare 400 and 600 halide and ballast with hanger and reflective hood to use for light supplement should I decide to try my hand at corals, haven't quite made up my mind yet. :blink: I'm too sick to finish tonight, but I am all set up to put it all together and begin cycling tomorrow (y):dance::) I'm using all of the water from my 10g (cycled in 10g of real ocean water over the past 10 days), 10g from my puffer tank (I just did a 15g change out with real ocean water), and, yup- I'm filling the rest of it with real ocean water. I'm gonna have some fun playing with rocks tomorrow :D

Well all i did was feed my fish today . I searched for a sponge to make my own filter instead of buyin filter pad replacements all the time.. and i helped a few people in walmart n 1 more in petsmart..so keepojg with this thread its hat i did for their tanks or tried to anyway .. the worker at petsmart told a guy he shouldnt change 1/3 of his water weekly it would harm the fish.. then walmart tried to tell a woman she could put a pleco in a 5g with mollys n guppies n a spotted dwarf puffer ..all of which she bought today bc since i dont work there i wasnt who she believed. Poor things

Well all i did was feed my fish today . I searched for a sponge to make my own filter instead of buyin filter pad replacements all the time.. and i helped a few people in walmart n 1 more in petsmart..so keepojg with this thread its hat i did for their tanks or tried to anyway .. the worker at petsmart told a guy he shouldnt change 1/3 of his water weekly it would harm the fish.. then walmart tried to tell a woman she could put a pleco in a 5g with mollys n guppies n a spotted dwarf puffer ..all of which she bought today bc since i dont work there i wasnt who she believed. Poor things

That is worst than tragic! Pretty sure they will all die :( for no good reason that totally sucks! What is wrong with people not training their employees! At least look it up in a book if you aren't sure!

Back
Top Bottom