Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-30-2016, 11:19 PM   #10161
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Retail therapy?

Used some SW retail therapy to distract myself from the shrimp losses.

Went to buy some Tisbee Pods and a little green water food for them, and again almost struck out, none near by - had to go to the pretty darned far away lfs, but stopped at one place I like going and chatting with the owner and his daughter, which was pretty much on the way.

Found some Macro Algaes I had been looking for. Got a scoop of Tea Cups for $5. and someone had just recently dropped off a gallon bag of Black Codium, I got a sandwich bag of that for $5. Along with the Tea Cups, I got a few straggler pieces of a kind I have seen but don't know the name and a little bit of Grape and Feather Calerpa. Which I like.

FINALLY!!! I got a vampire (I didn't call it that the wholesaler did) pretty nice Rock Flower Anemone. Mostly red with a aqua greenish mouth and purple blue frill with a hint of white edges. Will try for a pic tonight or tomorrow. The gal said $39, and he gave it to me with a rock it was attached to and a Astra snail for $35. It is about 2 inches. Maybe meaning it will live longer because it is younger.

Then went to the other lfs pretty far away, and got a 5G SW refil and 2lbs of nice dry rock, 16 oz of what did turn out to be Tisbee Pods after being told on the phone they were mixed pods, so I was happy enough since that was what I was after originally. About 4 oz of Phyto (pod food) he threw in for free.

They didn't have the black Hawaiian live sand I was looking for so called a nearby big box place and they did have it so went there.

Get a discount so the sand was 23.99 instead of 29.99, they had a Pom Pom crab with both poms so picked that up and it was just over 10.50!!!

Pretty excited since I have been wanting that since the beginning 2 or 3 years, as well as another RFA (way more than I wanted to pay but a good price) for nearly a year.

(Doing a 50% pwc on the sw tank now.) Going to get things acclimated and into the tank asap!

Will start the new larger SW tank, 12G, pretty soon - sometime this week. Still deciding about which one to use.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 11:58 PM   #10162
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post

Went to buy some Tisbee Pods and a little green water food for them, and again almost struck out, none near by - had to go to the pretty darned far away lfs, but stopped at one place I like going and chatting with the owner and his daughter, which was pretty much on the way.

Found some Macro Algaes I had been looking for. Got a scoop of Tea Cups for $5. and someone had just recently dropped off a gallon bag of Black Codium, I got a sandwich bag of that for $5. Along with the Tea Cups, I got a few straggler pieces of a kind I have seen but don't know the name and a little bit of Grape and Feather Calerpa. Which I like.

FINALLY!!! I got a vampire (I didn't call it that the wholesaler did) pretty nice Rock Flower Anemone. Mostly red with a aqua greenish mouth and purple blue frill with a hint of white edges. Will try for a pic tonight or tomorrow. The gal said $39, and he gave it to me with a rock it was attached to and a Astra snail for $35. It is about 2 inches. Maybe meaning it will live longer because it is younger.

Then went to the other lfs pretty far away, and got a 5G SW refil and 2lbs of nice dry rock, 16 oz of what did turn out to be Tisbee Pods after being told on the phone they were mixed pods, so I was happy enough since that was what I was after originally. About 4 oz of Phyto (pod food) he threw in for free.

They didn't have the black Hawaiian live sand I was looking for so called a nearby big box place and they did have it so went there.

Get a discount so the sand was 23.99 instead of 29.99, they had a Pom Pom crab with both poms so picked that up and it was just over 10.50!!!

Pretty excited since I have been wanting that since the beginning 2 or 3 years, as well as another RFA (way more than I wanted to pay but a good price) for nearly a year.

(Doing a 50% pwc on the sw tank now.) Going to get things acclimated and into the tank asap!

Will start the new larger SW tank, 12G, pretty soon - sometime this week. Still deciding about which one to use.
Wow, sounds like you've been really busy. Money well spent i say

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 05-01-2016, 09:47 AM   #10163
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:

Good for you Autumn!
Well this morning I've had no dead shrimp so that's been 2 day's without any!
Still concerned about the little borara that's hiding behind my thermostat, he's not coming out to eat just chasing fish away? No signs of illness soo just going to keep an eye on things.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon borara merah and brigittae, shrimp and snails
Old 05-01-2016, 09:37 PM   #10164
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Yay!
Dropped in my pods after installing a pre filter along with the green water phytoplankton. Water looked, fine not green like I thought it would.

Was pleased that there was a Sexy shrimp hanging out on the edge of the open Rock Flower Anemone. Will post pics by in the morning.

Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

Old 05-01-2016, 11:07 PM   #10165
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well green hair algae is starting to grow all over my 40g, I would freak out but I actually don't mind since this is my 'natural tank' and I'm just gonna leave it be, I'll only rip out the longest strands

Old 05-01-2016, 11:09 PM   #10166
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finntastic View Post
Well green hair algae is starting to grow all over my 40g, I would freak out but I actually don't mind since this is my 'natural tank' and I'm just gonna leave it be, I'll only rip out the longest strands

What does it look like? I haven't had algae before :3

<g.m.t.a>
Old 05-01-2016, 11:15 PM   #10167
Aquarium Advice Addict

Long thin green strands that feel and look like hair

Old 05-02-2016, 02:21 AM   #10168
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Posted a new album & added a few pics

Took some pics.

New Rock Flower Anemone with the Sexy shrimp and a Blue Leg hermit.

And a leather frag

And just because his pom poms are cute anemones

Local purchased Macro Algae

Tea Cups and Feather Calerpa

Black Codium

Community Rules

Old 05-02-2016, 09:25 AM   #10169
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Took some pics.

New Rock Flower Anemone with the Sexy shrimp and a Blue Leg hermit.

And a leather frag

And just because his pom poms are cute anemones

Local purchased Macro Algae

Tea Cups and Feather Calerpa

Black Codium

Beautiful pictures! Love the pom poms (think I got that right &#128521 your tank looks good.
40 % clean on my elephant nose tank, removed some frogbit too much going on at the moment the surface is covered.
Well I watched a shrimp molt today and survive yippee! So im keeping my fingers crossed.
Really enjoying my boraras, never thought I'd find small fish so interesting, but boy are they Greedy.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon borara merah and brigittae, shrimp and snails
Old 05-03-2016, 01:14 PM   #10170
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

waiting on delivery , I hope all the rock nems I get today look that good
I'll get picts later
I never could find any tea cups that were healthy I love how you bushed it together

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com