Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-03-2016, 01:19 PM   #10171
Elephant nose Finatic!

Another day without shrimp deaths! Really pleased hoping thing's have settled. Managed to break the end of the spray bar so I had to glue it back in place! Always something in this tank.
Gonzo is looking a lot better all his scratches have healed up well until the next time.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon borara merah and brigittae, shrimp and snails

Old 05-03-2016, 08:55 PM   #10172
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

got my order today was a little disappointed , only 1 rock nem came the rest are on back order . also got a rose bubble nem wow do they glow , also got a bunch of frags , oh and my favorite the box porcupine puffer.

first here's the puffer

yes the sand needs a cleaning I changed out the sand with black tha my trigger decided to blow off all the white sand and crud off the rocks , big mistake black sand in the predator tank as they are slobs .

second is the 1 rock nem I got , now I got to wait for the rest

now 3rd is the rose bubble he's not fully open yet

but wow they are colorful

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:04 PM   #10173
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post
got my order today was a little disappointed , only 1 rock nem came the rest are on back order . also got a rose bubble nem wow do they glow , also got a bunch of frags , oh and my favorite the box porcupine puffer.

first here's the puffer

yes the sand needs a cleaning I changed out the sand with black tha my trigger decided to blow off all the white sand and crud off the rocks , big mistake black sand in the predator tank as they are slobs .

second is the 1 rock nem I got , now I got to wait for the rest

now 3rd is the rose bubble he's not fully open yet

but wow they are colorful

Did you order from that one website we talked about? Or a different one? I was kinda curious about the service

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 05-04-2016, 02:44 PM   #10174
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

No this was a totally different place , lost my puffer last night not happy
don't think the service was worth the wait , as 1/2 the order is on back order and the lack of communication ,
this place I prob give 1 1/2 and that's being nice,
the only thing going is the nems look great the frags aren't to hot either

like they say live and learn

Beej ,
if you want a review on certain places pm me I dealt with about all of them

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 12:57 AM   #10175
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

So happy to hear good news about the shrimp! I also, haven't had any more shrimp deaths, thank goodness for now.

Dang, Seaweed losing that fish is sad. And poor SW shipment with little to show. Big disappointment.

The RFA is very nice, and the Bubble Tip is WOW!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:44 AM   #10176
Elephant nose Finatic!

Good to hear Autumn.
Pwc on my shrimp tank, rinsed filter's and cleaned fronts glass. Trimmed back some plant's and managed to kill my lotus! Added more cattapa leafs, really like the tannins in the water.
No casualties Yippee! 😀
Here's some pics I'm not very good at taking them lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1462452229685.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	286612Click image for larger version

Name:	1462452244971.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	286613Click image for larger version

Name:	1462452260481.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	286614Click image for larger version

Name:	1462452273522.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	286615

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon borara merah and brigittae, shrimp and snails
Old 05-05-2016, 11:21 AM   #10177
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post
No this was a totally different place , lost my puffer last night not happy
don't think the service was worth the wait , as 1/2 the order is on back order and the lack of communication ,
this place I prob give 1 1/2 and that's being nice,
the only thing going is the nems look great the frags aren't to hot either

like they say live and learn

Beej ,
if you want a review on certain places pm me I dealt with about all of them

Wow I'm really sorry to hear that seaweed.

That place sounds terrible

Old 05-06-2016, 12:06 AM   #10178
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Got to try out a TDS meter I won at a raffle from a monthly fish club meeting (sadly it sat in the bag for two months). I tested distilled, tap, shrimp tank, and planted tank and here's what I got (in order): 0, 174, 192, 280. I do the same amount of water changes on the shrimp and planted tanks. The latter has a higher bioload (more food added) plus is gets daily PPS-Pro ferts. I'm going to try to monitor and record this parameter and see if any trends develop.

@shellyx - Love that shrimp and nano fish tank.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:07 AM   #10179
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I got my TDS meter today as well! Tap was around 70, tank currently at 100ish. Tank TDS is low because my team moved floors today, so I effectively did a 95% water change.

Sent using Aquarium Advice app
Old 05-06-2016, 01:58 AM   #10180
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

TDS meters sound cool. I didn't get one...

shellyx - thank goodness things are stablizing with the shrimp. The tanks look good!

Busy, busy, exhausting day spring cleaning around the house and yard!

I threw out a tank that had got wasp spray on it last summer. Back then, I filled it with water and of all the buckets and containers outside they all got some mosquitos. Not one mosquito larve lived in that tank though outside after the unfortunate overspray incident. So off to the dump for that tank. (Since no fish would be able to live in it either.)

Saved my low iron 12G with the cracked bottom - put it in the car to take to get a new bottom or at least get a perfect (thicker) glass for a new bottom to do myself.

Dumped some pretty rotton smelling water out of some buckets that had froze last Autumn with plants and snails in them, super yuck muck in there!

~~~
Moved my tank light from one side of the little SW tank today to the other so as to get lots of light in the tank but not bleach out my Tea Cups and other macro algaes, and give the Chaeto lots of extra light for growing.

Did evap refills late last night and hope to do pwc tomorrow.

Yay still no more shrimp deaths every time I look deeply into the little forest tank, I try and count all the TT shrimp I can see, pretty much every day it is not the same number, one more or less. Last night was 7.

The momma shrimp possibly dropped her fry. I don't know if they are live or not yet too small to see yet with all the hiding places. Maybe I saw one tiny one but I am not certain yet. Hoping she dropped maybe 8-10 and they lived (of course). I have seen 2 young shrimp, maybe like just under half grown. 2 adult females for sure - ~4 males? .

Thinking still about setting up the Spec V but since it is a used tank, I want to run some cuprasorb in it and figure out my best guess for keeping the baby and shrimp in general, out of the filtering system. I have been reading how some people have made types of covers. Spec needs a really good cleaning, kinda filmy looking but I am out of mr clean magic erasers, who could believe?, lol.

And also have an empty Edge glass tank not clean, sitting dry on my coffee table waiting for a final clean including with a magic eraser - to go back into the box for storage for a little while.

Also trying to decide what to do with a sponge filter that is sitting in a bucket with some MTS. It is a kinda large one shaped like a 4 leaf clover so doesn't conveniently fit in my small tanks. I have a possibility with the 72G. If I get a 90 degree air tubing connector elbow and place it in vertically instead of horizontally I think it will hide nicely behind my big DW! That idea just came to me.

Thanks for letting me think out my tank stuff! No one is particularly interested around here. (maybe not all here either!!! ) They think the tanks are pretty but could care less how they get that way.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com