What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't done anything with mine yet except buy more sponges, biomax, and prime. I did however, help a petsmart employee with her ich problem. She was about to buy some meds they sell there, but I informed her she simply needed to raise her temp. And I couldn't have done it without the knowledge I've gained from aa. Oh the cycle of learning.

Would they have had eggs or anything?

Actually autumnsky, yeah theyve been breeding like crazy recently, every morning.

My juwel rio 240 is inside now, and geez its big, it seems to dominate the room, in a good way. Its going to look so good, looks good already empty. Now its just a case of deciding if want to keep discus or african cichs.

I haven't done anything with mine yet except buy more sponges, biomax, and prime. I did however, help a petsmart employee with her ich problem. She was about to buy some meds they sell there, but I informed her she simply needed to raise her temp. And I couldn't have done it without the knowledge I've gained from aa. Oh the cycle of learning.

Isn't it a wonderful thing?

Moved 3 Lyretail Anthias from QT to DT. First fish in the newly cycled 125gal!!:dance: Four hours of lights out and two hours after that they would play peek-a-boo. Another hour and all three ate a little brine shrimp. (y)

There are one male and two females. Both females are a reddish orange. The male is beautiful! His body is a light velvety red with the first spine on his dorsal fin being about half the length of his body. His pectoral fins are transparent with two dark pink spots. His anal fin is light yellow and pelvic fin is trimmed in purple. His caudal fin is also trimmed in purple.

Pics when they settle in better.

almost done breaking down my 44 gallon FOWLR. Moved most of the live rock to my 75. Now the fun begins. I have 5 damsels to catch. This might take a while lol

Water change on both tanks, getting all the tanks nice and clean for the BIG GAME!

Gotta show off the fish for the company coming. Now off to the stores to grab the food and beer! Off tomorrow so... It's gonna be one GREAT night!!

My team isn't in it so I doesn't really matter to me who wins, just a Sunday funday!

50% pwc on my wife's planted 20 gallon tank
7 male guppies
5 neon tetras
3 albino cory catfish
2 albino bristle-nosed plecos
4 ghost shrimp

ForumRunner_20130203_111651.jpg

10% pwc on my 36 gallon bow front reef tank

2 fancy occ clownfish
6 astria snails
6 hermit crabs

ForumRunner_20130203_111837.jpg

Bringing the 'fish tank emergency' level down to the orange for now. Last night I got home and seen the water level on my 29g was down by almost 2 inches! The wall and carpet were soaked and the paint had a huge water bubble. I thought my filter had sprung a leak. I quickly powered everything down and got a few large towels and a box fan to try and dry everything out. My mom thought the tank/stand/filter were too close to the wall and she figured that's how the water got everywhere. Moved the filter to the side of the tank and ran it all night with a bucket under it to catch any water that might leak out. This morning the bucket under my filter was bone dry, so the filter doesn't leak. Removed 50% of the water and pulled everything out from the wall so it wasn't right against it( im not moving a full tank and stand) Refilled with treated water, replaced everything and so far, so good.

50% pwc on my wife's planted 20 gallon tank
7 male guppies
5 neon tetras
3 albino cory catfish
2 albino bristle-nosed plecos
4 ghost shrimp

10% pwc on my 36 gallon bow front reef tank

2 fancy occ clownfish
6 astria snails
6 hermit crabs

Lovely tanks! I think the reef needs something big and red... A skunk cleaner or fire shrimp!

So if this were my tank this would be terribly embarrassing, but its not so I'll share. I'm at my parents doing a major overhaul of their 55 gal. It was disgusting. I seriously doubt my dad ever cleans it anymore. It had some kinda stringy clumps of algae growing everywhere. So bad it actually destroyed about half of the fake plants. I tested the nitrates just out of curiosity. I knew they'd be high but I can honestly say I'm in total shock that anything was still living. Done 3 pwc gonna test again and see where it's at. Then rescaping and planting a bunch of wisteria clippings from my tank to try and combat nitrates and this algae. I've been given the ok to do what I want with the tank so im taking over maintenance duties and gonna be upgrading substrate and lighting to start a planted tank here. Hopefully having a good looking tank will get my parents interest back and they start keeping up on it themselves.

Attachments

• image-446409982.jpg
    image-446409982.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 78
Picked up a new betta and set up a new tank for him. Also picked up a school of neon tetras and some electric blue rams for my sons tank.

Attachments

• image-427174087.jpg
    image-427174087.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 78
  • image-1277358806.jpg
    image-1277358806.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 68
So if this were my tank this would be terribly embarrassing, but its not so I'll share. I'm at my parents doing a major overhaul of their 55 gal. It was disgusting. I seriously doubt my dad ever cleans it anymore. It had some kinda stringy clumps of algae growing everywhere. So bad it actually destroyed about half of the fake plants. I tested the nitrates just out of curiosity. I knew they'd be high but I can honestly say I'm in total shock that anything was still living. Done 3 pwc gonna test again and see where it's at. Then rescaping and planting a bunch of wisteria clippings from my tank to try and combat nitrates and this algae. I've been given the ok to do what I want with the tank so im taking over maintenance duties and gonna be upgrading substrate and lighting to start a planted tank here. Hopefully having a good looking tank will get my parents interest back and they start keeping up on it themselves.

Oh wow... You know, since they aren't doing pwcs, maybe you should get some purigen to run in the filter. It isn't an excuse for poor tank maintence- which I know isn't your fault, but it will help keep it healthy in between your cleanings.

Bearchumjs said:
Oh wow... You know, since they aren't doing pwcs, maybe you should get some purigen to run in the filter. It isn't an excuse for poor tank maintence- which I know isn't your fault, but it will help keep it healthy in between your cleanings.

Yea I'll do that next weekend. I'm upgrading my cascade 1000 to a fluval fx5 so I'm going to give the cascade to them and its got purigen in it. But either way I'll be trying to get there every weekend.

I finally put a blue background on my tank. I think it makes it look ten times better from having nothing at all on it. I took everything apart and cleaned real well. The skimmer, filter, pumps, everything a good deep clean. Took me 2 hours to do everything.

Thing that scares me is I can't find my Six Line Wrasse. :-/ I am sure he is in the tank hiding, I got a lot of live rock. :p

Back
Top Bottom