Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-13-2016, 12:57 PM   #10281
Aquarium Advice Freak

POTM Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to Carriwin
Well, I took the plunge and opted to try planty things in my 10g. I figured that was fairly safe as it isn't that big. My other tanks shall remain silk/plastic as that's usually best for convicts and others. Although, my angels would probably enjoy it, but they got sand instead.

Here's the 10g:

I filled up my 38g tank as the evaporation rate is still ridiculous, however, I did notice the convict, has happily moved the sand out from under his log and now peeks at me from the little side hole to watch the goings on in my living room. I'll have to post pictures of this later.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:14 PM   #10282
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

The little Koi I just got took a turn for the worse, and died last night. It was very thin, it didn't want to eat. Water parameters were and are fine. Did realize I didn't put in the Cuprasorb into the filter. When I cleaned off the counter, there it was sitting under a bag of fish food.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:06 PM   #10283
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
The little Koi I just got took a turn for the worse, and died last night. It was very thin, it didn't want to eat. Water parameters were and are fine. Did realize I didn't put in the Cuprasorb into the filter. When I cleaned off the counter, there it was sitting under a bag of fish food.
Sorry to hear Autumn

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras ,bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:29 PM   #10284
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
Sorry to hear Autumn

Thank you. Sorry to hear about your Bamboo shrimp. Was it older?

Well I called one of the not so local lfs, and they actually have a fish I have been trying to get!!! The Sundadanio Axlerodi Blue Neon!!! They will hold them for me until Friday. A little more expensive than I was wanting to pay, but I haven't been able to find them anywhere else around here for sure.

They are also holding for me 4 Habrosus Cories. They are out of Chili Rasbora til maybe next week. Those are going to be less $ than I was expecting from them, so maybe will balance out and not pay shipping. I will try to order the last little fish I was wanting and maybe they will all come in together and I won't need to worry about a QT.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 03:08 AM   #10285
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriwin View Post
Well, I took the plunge and opted to try planty things in my 10g.
Hurrah, plants!

How's the betta getting along with the cherry barbs?
Now open: "JJ&J's Seafood Buffet" 20g long planted freshwater - Sunset Fire Platy (x5 adults, many young (argh)),Neon Tetras (x11), x3 amano shrimp, 40 lbs. Eco-Complete, AC 50 + AC 20, Finnex Planted+ 8 hours per day, Seachem ferts.
Barliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 08:24 AM   #10286
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Thank you. Sorry to hear about your Bamboo shrimp. Was it older?

Well I called one of the not so local lfs, and they actually have a fish I have been trying to get!!! The Sundadanio Axlerodi Blue Neon!!! They will hold them for me until Friday. A little more expensive than I was wanting to pay, but I haven't been able to find them anywhere else around here for sure.

They are also holding for me 4 Habrosus Cories. They are out of Chili Rasbora til maybe next week. Those are going to be less $ than I was expecting from them, so maybe will balance out and not pay shipping. I will try to order the last little fish I was wanting and maybe they will all come in together and I won't need to worry about a QT.
No he was a younger one, he was even eating, unsure what happened.
So your getting boraras! I really like mine but I think you know that. I don't know if I told you hubby bought 22 new one's for me? They're in QT at mo, looking really good. I have a few strawberries and they're so cute!
Fed frozen daphnia to the boraras, think they struggled a bit their mouths are so tiny! Waiting for 2 ivory apple snail babies coming through the post hopefully they'll be ok.
All good in Gonzos tank! Enjoying live bloodworm.

Old 06-14-2016, 10:23 AM   #10287
Aquarium Advice Freak

POTM Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to Carriwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barliman View Post
Hurrah, plants!

How's the betta getting along with the cherry barbs?
So far, so good! The barbs like the anubias nana, and I don't think my 'mystery plants' are going to last... one bit the dust already.

I'm having issues deciding what decor i'm going to put in the tank. I think everyone's a little squeamish atm cause there isn't very many places to hide.

I'm thinking I may end up going with a cave-like thing, or something. I've been looking into driftwood,... not a whole lot around here. I could pick it up from the outside, but I'd definitely have to boil it first... never know what's out there....

I'm open to suggestions though!
Old 06-14-2016, 04:00 PM   #10288
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriwin View Post

I'm open to suggestions though!
Petco often has small pieces of mopani, which is a pretty two-color piece of wood that's dense enough to sink without soaking. Just be aware that it needs a *lot* of boiling to get the tannins out. Fix some anubias nana to it, and Patriot will have a nice place to rest.

Oh, and dwarf sagittaria is a good plant for a small tank, too, as well as crypts.

Update: it looks like you have cryptocorynes already in your tank. If that's what died on you, don't worry: almost all crypts "melt" on introduction to a new tank, than come back strong in a week or two.
Now open: "JJ&J's Seafood Buffet" 20g long planted freshwater - Sunset Fire Platy (x5 adults, many young (argh)),Neon Tetras (x11), x3 amano shrimp, 40 lbs. Eco-Complete, AC 50 + AC 20, Finnex Planted+ 8 hours per day, Seachem ferts.
Barliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:09 AM   #10289
Elephant nose Finatic!

Pwc on my boraras tank, keeping an eye on one that has part of his tail missing he looks healthy at the moment. Received my baby apple snails yesterday so cute!
Gave my elephant nose tank an early clean as well, I've been really bored Lol

Old 06-16-2016, 05:54 AM   #10290
Aquarium Advice Freak

My lfs finally has been able to find me more Endlers. I've been waiting quite a while for them to get more in stock. I'll grab another 6 to bring my collection up to 8. Hopefully the pregnant female gives birth soon. I should do a escape on their tank soon. I've still got an unspecified number of Kuhli loaches in the tank with them. I'd love to know how many I have left from the 12 I had. I rarely see them these days so its hard to make a guess when I don't get to see their markings.

It seems like I've found the nutrient balance in my favourite tank after about a month of fiddling. It's my first tank with high light so I'm trying some more difficult plants. A couple of weeks back I was feeling sad about the emergence of green hair algae. I gave it a peroxide spot treatment and increased the CO2 supplements. Problem gone. I still have a bit of black beard algae but its only a minor irritant. Maybe six leaves need to be cut out to remove it.

I spent about 40 minutes yesterday doing some trimming in 3/6 played tanks. My betta tank and large community tank still need trimming but I ran out of enthusiasm since the three I trimmed were pretty messy after some neglect. Last tank is mostly crypts so its low maintenance.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com