Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 08-22-2012, 01:35 AM   #1021
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bearchumjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Red Mountain WA
Posts: 3,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronjohn20
Got home from the hospital today and checked in on my fish and fed them all. Didn't expect to find any dead and didn't I feed them twice a day. I fed them yesterday b4 we left and late 2day so they only missed out on 1 feeding each day. Daughters doin pretty good. Here she is right after surgery!

As u can see she didn't feel too good but after some tylenol with codine and 1ml of morphine and she was better. Oh man, u shoulda seen her b4 surgery when they give her valume (not sure how to spell it), she was the goofiest kid around!
Poor little angel! I pray that she heals quickly! And I'm happy none of the fish died.
__________________

__________________
Some people like cucumbers better pickled.
Bearchumjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #1022
Aquarium Advice Newbie
 
Exterminatank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Orange County, NY
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronjohn20
Got home from the hospital today and checked in on my fish and fed them all. Didn't expect to find any dead and didn't I feed them twice a day. I fed them yesterday b4 we left and late 2day so they only missed out on 1 feeding each day. Daughters doin pretty good. Here she is right after surgery!

As u can see she didn't feel too good but after some tylenol with codine and 1ml of morphine and she was better. Oh man, u shoulda seen her b4 surgery when they give her valume (not sure how to spell it), she was the goofiest kid around!
Awww. Get well.
__________________

__________________
Exterminatank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #1023
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Alyxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Slidell, La
Posts: 2,284
Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Hooray! I finally ordered an aqueon water changer!!! No more buckets for me once it comes in! For anyone else looking at picking one up, the 25 foot one is on sale at Drs. Foster and Smith's website for around $25, which is cheaper than I've ever seen one online.

But it's water change day as it is so I'm going to get off of my iPad and go do some water changes the old fashioned way, with a siphon and bucket.
__________________
Alyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:15 AM   #1024
member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hammond, LA
Posts: 1,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx
Hooray! I finally ordered an aqueon water changer!!! No more buckets for me once it comes in! For anyone else looking at picking one up, the 25 foot one is on sale at Drs. Foster and Smith's website for around $25, which is cheaper than I've ever seen one online.

But it's water change day as it is so I'm going to get off of my iPad and go do some water changes the old fashioned way, with a siphon and bucket.
Ooooooh.....just wait till your new friend arrives. Goodbye buckets, hello free time.
__________________
cbourg746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:49 AM   #1025
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Alyxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Slidell, La
Posts: 2,284
Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbourg746

Ooooooh.....just wait till your new friend arrives. Goodbye buckets, hello free time.
I can't wait. I did a 60% water change on my 56 gallon tank, so I emptied roughly 12 buckets. Filled it back up with the water hose, though. Did a big water change on my 5 gallon invert tank as well, and topped off the puffer tank.
__________________
Alyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:44 AM   #1026
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
clearancepuppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddits
Fished out my dead Nimbochromis Livingstonii cichlid
Oh dear. I am sorry.
__________________
clearancepuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:48 AM   #1027
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
clearancepuppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 340
I think siphoning with a bucket is a skill anyone with a tank needs, just like it is a good idea to know how to drive a stick shift.

*python next purchase on list*
__________________
clearancepuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:07 AM   #1028
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
pcdebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Brandon, FL
Posts: 679
I counted more guppy fry today lol
__________________
My name is Deb and I have MTS
pcdebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:09 AM   #1029
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Nu-Nu the eel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,455
I watched my tank on a webcam and made sure all my fish and coral are ok...

Im offended, they seem happier when im not around. Lol
__________________
Nu-Nu the eel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:15 AM   #1030
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bearchumjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Red Mountain WA
Posts: 3,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel
I watched my tank on a webcam and made sure all my fish and coral are ok...

Im offended, they seem happier when im not around. Lol
I'm sure you are just imagining that! Its good they are doing well!
__________________

__________________
Some people like cucumbers better pickled.
Bearchumjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.