Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-26-2016, 02:35 AM   #10321
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan79 View Post
While doing a big trim of floating leaves to enable me to feed my guies better I spotted some fry. I bought endler guppies because I wanted something that v would breed and finally it's happened. Biggest one ib saw was about 4mm long. Some tank watching seems to be in order for this afternoon.

Congrats on your babies.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 06-26-2016, 02:58 AM   #10322
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMaier View Post
Congrats on your babies.

Thanks. I've tried breeding fighting fish. I probably started with fish that v were too old. The male was short-sighted and never caught the eggs when the female dropped them. The male is supposed to pick them up and deposit them in the bubble nest, then keep watch and pick up any that fall out for 2-3 days. My old fellow completed the rest of the deed but ignored the sinking eggs. With the endlers it was as easy as providing them a tank and a 1m:2f ratio. I'm happy though. Goal achieved. Fry have been born in my tank ��

Old 06-27-2016, 07:14 AM   #10323
Aquarium Advice Freak

So, my diy co2 spectacularly exploded this morning, the lid blew off the baking soda chamber pulling the citric acid chamber over, ( pretty much exactly how I described it may happen to my wife when she questioned me about the safety of it ) Luckily i was out of bed and within diving distance so the sticky citric acid spillage was kept minimal, I very loosely put it back together before assessing the damage, when I was just about finished cleaning the walls and the carpet and the couch and the tv and the tank, ( maybe not so minimal ) it want off again, so I pulled it out and threw it in the laundry sink to be modified when I got home from work. It now has more secure lids and tighter hoses, hopefully my diy co2 version 3 stands up ( literally )
Old 06-27-2016, 10:02 AM   #10324
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunch View Post
So, my diy co2 spectacularly exploded this morning, the lid blew off the baking soda chamber pulling the citric acid chamber over, ( pretty much exactly how I described it may happen to my wife when she questioned me about the safety of it ) Luckily i was out of bed and within diving distance so the sticky citric acid spillage was kept minimal, I very loosely put it back together before assessing the damage, when I was just about finished cleaning the walls and the carpet and the couch and the tv and the tank, ( maybe not so minimal ) it want off again, so I pulled it out and threw it in the laundry sink to be modified when I got home from work. It now has more secure lids and tighter hoses, hopefully my diy co2 version 3 stands up ( literally )

OMG. That sounds like an episode of Tool Time. Tim would be proud.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:31 PM   #10325
Aquarium Advice Freak

Added some more sand. It's a slow process, without the tank becoming cloudy.
Old 06-27-2016, 04:54 PM   #10326
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
OMG. That sounds like an episode of Tool Time. Tim would be proud.

Yeah it's was fun, my wife was up for the 2nd explosion, she just stood there shaking her head with that 'I told you' look on her face
Old 06-27-2016, 10:15 PM   #10327
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Yeah it's was fun, my wife was up for the 2nd explosion, she just stood there shaking her head with that 'I told you' look on her face

Wives truly cherish those moments. Lol

Old 06-28-2016, 01:28 AM   #10328
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Wives truly cherish those moments. Lol

ROFL!!! Lunch - the way you told the story was a hoot - thanks for the laugh. Sorry it happened but comical story!

Hardly did a thing the last few days - pwc and added water for evap.

Not too sure with what to do with the giant chaeto monster in my little tank. A couple other things have come up around home so have had other projects taking up my time. Still need to get the tank for the upgraded SW fixed... So behind schedule there.

Saw a little Exo Terra type set up at the ReStore and have been seriously considering a Palladium but refrained and decided to think a little longer and maybe keep my eye open for a bigger size.

Never ends, what interesting projects there are to consider!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:16 PM   #10329
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

Quote:
So, my diy co2 spectacularly exploded this morning, the lid blew off the baking soda chamber pulling the citric acid chamber over...
Yikes!

(Barliman carefully reconsiders the design of his own planned citric acid system... )
Now open: "JJ&J's Seafood Buffet" 20g long planted freshwater - Sunset Fire Platy (x5 adults, many young (argh)),Neon Tetras (x11), x3 amano shrimp, 40 lbs. Eco-Complete, AC 50 + AC 20, Finnex Planted+ 8 hours per day, Seachem ferts.
Barliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:21 PM   #10330
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

Did the usual 20% water change on Sunday and trimmed some plants. The cardamine has been growing like kudzu: I darn near needed a weed-whacker for it. Trimmed the ludwigia repens and I'm already getting good new growth. Trimmed the tallest of the alternanthera reineckii and replanted the top. I'm really happy at how the red in its leaves is finally developing.

Now all I have to do is figure out what to do with the baby platy factory I've got going...

Now open: "JJ&J's Seafood Buffet" 20g long planted freshwater - Sunset Fire Platy (x5 adults, many young (argh)),Neon Tetras (x11), x3 amano shrimp, 40 lbs. Eco-Complete, AC 50 + AC 20, Finnex Planted+ 8 hours per day, Seachem ferts.
Barliman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com