Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-08-2016, 03:18 PM   #10361
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

Haven't posted in awhile. But did a water change on 55g community tank and replaced root tabs.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1468001776.610327.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	287834
Played around with idea of floating plant holders on the pond. $1 dollar pool noodle wrapped in weed fabric, water lotus.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1468001911.333957.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	278.7 KB
ID:	287835

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 07-08-2016, 04:20 PM   #10362
Aquarium Advice Freak

I just recently set up a 2.5 gl planted tank at my new job Nikos reef hahahah
My ada 60p is still in the works ordered ada amazonia soil an ada bacter 100 super clear iron bottom

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Old 07-08-2016, 04:23 PM   #10363
Aquarium Advice Freak

POTM Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to Carriwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa512 View Post
I just recently set up a 2.5 gl planted tank at my new job Nikos reef hahahah
My ada 60p is still in the works ordered ada amazonia soil an ada bacter 100 super clear iron bottom

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk
So it begins... LOL We knew you couldn't be tankless forever!
Old 07-08-2016, 04:24 PM   #10364
Aquarium Advice Freak

POTM Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to Carriwin
So, suffice to say, had a tank overhaul:

Old 07-08-2016, 11:09 PM   #10365
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barliman View Post
Beautiful tank, Fresh2O!

What are your lights resting on? It looks like something added to the tank rim?

Thanks!
Yes, tank rim extensions, if you will. Here's a link describing an issue with the Finnex fixture leg mounts and glass top and how I resolved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 07-09-2016, 02:20 AM   #10366
Aquarium Advice Freak

30% WC on 5 tanks, topped up my betta tank.

Bought 3 new Siamese algae eaters (to the best of my knowledge). I acclimated them in with my bn pleco. They can quarantine in there before I move them into my community tank. I gave the filter sponges a clean out before I added the SAE and had the Pleco make an escape attempt. I had the filter about 7 cm over the tank before the pleco surprised me by dropping off into the tank again. It's the first time I've seen him in a while in his jungle of stems and crypts. The SAE went right to work on some of the algae as soon as I removed them from the fish bag.

I was tempted to buy a yellow betta as well as 5 black widow tetras due to them being discounted to 5 for $10. Sanity prevailed though and I left them there.

My last task for the day is to remove a blue ram from the community tank. It looks like it had a small patch of fish fungus I'll need to medicate for. I will try using the blue planet fungus cure first. I also have some aqua master fungus cure.

Otherwise everything looks good in my tanks.
Old 07-09-2016, 02:50 AM   #10367
Aquarium Advice Activist

Had a 10 hour power outage today due to several trees coming down in a mudslide. Made some O2 generators out of coke bottles, a potato and hydrogen peroxide. Everyone seems fine tonight, so I guess it worked.

Sent from my LG-H343 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 07-09-2016, 03:15 AM   #10368
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruutah View Post
Had a 10 hour power outage today due to several trees coming down in a mudslide. Made some O2 generators out of coke bottles, a potato and hydrogen peroxide. Everyone seems fine tonight, so I guess it worked.

I have heard of people using beef heart and peroxide provide to generate oxygen. Might still be a good idea to do a bit of a water change to ensure there was no ammonia build up while the flyers were out. 10 hours without electricity would be a massive pain for you without having the aquariums to worry about.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:25 AM   #10369
Aquarium Advice Activist

I've got water conditioning and ageing for doing that tomorrow. Wasn't too bad. Just boring as heck way to spend the last day of my vacation.

Old 07-09-2016, 05:11 AM   #10370
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Wow, sounds like the potato O2 thing worked like a charm, and everyone else getting things done too.

All I got done was filled the bowls and buckets and containers of water plants and algae, (and dare say a few mosquito larve will try to catch and to feed the Rainbows and Angels tomorrow,) that are hanging out outside under the tree. It has been so dry and hot but I hadn't got around to filling them up and I didn't want to use hose water not treated.

The water did come from the 2 12G tanks pwc of about 3G each. Recycling between the flower beds and those.

Hoping to get the big tank pwc tomorrow, decided not to move it for a few more days. I am trying to get a couple more pwc done to get the GH lowered some more. That way there isn't a big shock on the tank. Our water right now is very low GH and 0 KH from the tap. I will be adding some magnesium and calcium and tiny bit of baking soda to the refill water when the tank is moved as well. In the mean time plan to research various remineralizers like for RO water and see how they compare to the homemade version I usually use.

Showed off the little baby fish to a friend. The WCMM babies are almost double what they were in size, a little longer but mostly thickening up from a thin wisp to nearly looking like a tiny fish The baby native Mexican Swords look like they are early elementary school age now - getting bigger, one even has a hint of color!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com