What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stunning! I wish I had the guts for a large sw setup. But my fw tanks do relax me. I watch them at night for about 45 minutes.

It's a little more to check weekly and initial cost is a bit more, but once its running It's only a matter of weekly maintenance.
Thank you for the compliment!

I really like the rock quarry look. I may go in this direction with my next tank. I have a 55 with just about everything that my uncle said I can have. I just need to find a stand.
that rock I got at p&k gravel here in maine, its called "riprap" generally in the 6 to 8 inch range. It was 10 bucks for as much as you could load. I always look for driftwood but forget to watch for rocks. Had the wifes kia:( but loaded it pretty well (stupid car cant hold much weight though) and have tons left over on side of the driveway wrapped in a tarp. I got carried away when I saw there rock pile. Spent a good 2 hours poking thru it all. Gonna go again when its warmer out and rocks arent all frozen together. Wife wants to go as well, she said I looked like I had to much fun. Prolly cuz I did. I even took pictures of the rock pile when I was there. And then more pics of the rocks I brought home sitting in the driveway. lol, You should try and build a stand, that can be fun as well.

Got my canister filter and some plants in from andrew today ::dance:: :) was busy so i just through the plants n the tank n no particular order gonna rearrange later this week when i do a pwc. But for now here it is.. i moved fake plants to the cichlid tank n.see how they do .. gonna head back home n put my powerhead n the 55g .. they r gonna luv it .. ;)

Edit: africans n my synos luv the plants so far now moving them but im sure itll happen soon as thy havent been planted but an hour n there..

ForumRunner_20130204_171051.jpg

ForumRunner_20130204_171059.jpg

Picked up an oceanic 35g hex tank and stand. Cleaned it up and got it in the house. I'm seeding a filter cartridge for it, so there's nothing living in it. Yet.

57623-albums11502-picture50694.png

57623-albums11502

Sat filling upnmy 65 as i type. Its upstairs.. Is the floor gonna hold oo. Its creaking alittle whike filling up:D

molliwopp said:
Sat filling upnmy 65 as i type. Its upstairs.. Is the floor gonna hold oo. Its creaking alittle whike filling up.

I wouldn't worry too much. I had my 125 on an upper level with no issues.

Edit: even now there's my basement below it and its fine.

Did a 50%pwc. On the gf's tank and its still only at .5ppm, but much better than the 8+ppm it was a few days ago :-/

lookin good (y)

Only thing about a hex there so deep and hard to clean
I have one myself and I hate cleaning it lol :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks seaweed and coralinealgae!

I found out last night that its slightly deeper than my 55 and I have to stand on a chair to be able to reach all the way to the bottom. But it came with a mag float! A big one at that. As far as what I did with my tanks today-

Fed fish in the 55. Moved an Anubias, some wisteria, and a piece of driftwood over to the 35. I was given some accu-clear water clarifier with the tank. I never use things like that in my tanks but since I don't have a filter cartridge in the filter on the 35 (it's seeding in the 55) I figured I'd use a little to clear up the water. So far I've not seen any difference at all. That's ok. The water will settle on its own. I'm going to get some liquid fert and a background for it this weekend. I chose not to paint it because of its shape.

60% pwc on the Betta who's not feeling well, he's looking better on his body, he still seems stressed, his color isn't like it used to be. He's not tipping sideways as much, but still can't swim really. He's pretty happy sitting in the crook of the plants near the top.

50% pwc on the 32G flat back hex.

Getting ready to move the Red Tail Shark and the giant Blue Gourami to the 72G, hooray!

Oh we know you want too.. :D:D:D(y)

I totally want to... Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent...

I took a couple handfuls of sand from the 55 and about 6 MTS and put them in the 35 hex. I figure there's gotta be enough BB in the sand and on the plants and driftwood to support a couple tiny snails. So now there is life in the tank!

I took a couple handfuls of sand from the 55 and about 6 MTS and put them in the 35 hex. I figure there's gotta be enough BB in the sand and on the plants and driftwood to support a couple tiny snails. So now there is life in the tank!

yes theirs gotta be life (y)(y)(y)

60% pwc on the Betta who's not feeling well, he's looking better on his body, he still seems stressed, his color isn't like it used to be. He's not tipping sideways as much, but still can't swim really. He's pretty happy sitting in the crook of the plants near the top.

50% pwc on the 32G flat back hex.

Getting ready to move the Red Tail Shark and the giant Blue Gourami to the 72G, hooray!

Hope your betta keeps ok. Don't forget pics on your 72G!

Back
Top Bottom