Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-06-2016, 05:37 AM   #10501
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

So much awesome stuff going on.

shellyx. I am wondering about a bacterial infection, at this point with the shrimp! That is terrible about the losses.

Pretty gorgeous Finley you have there!

~~~~
Tonight's news starts about that it was Colorado Aquarium Society (CAS) meeting night.

Wasn't intending on getting any new stock...

...except that there was a big bag of mixed Guppies and Endlers and I needed some to eat the mosquito larva in the buckets outside. I can't scoop the buggers up quick or thoroughly enough so the fish can do the job.

So I got this interesting bag of 20+ Cobra/Snakeskin and Endler for $12 or $13 (can't recall) - less than a dollar a fish. Thought it might be good for the buckets and pond for the summer. I can always take the fish back to sell at the mini or regular auctions if there end up being too many.

There were 4-5 really great looking fish in there. A huge female, a Bronze female, and a few nice looking Cobra and Green or could be halfblack Green Cobra, and several very pretty male Lace Guppy (one especially pretty tail), many are young so hard to know what all is there. There are a few with different shaped tails - lyre tail and sword. Anyhow some pretty ones even if they aren't probably gonna win a Guppy Standards awards.

I really like Guppies. The ones I saw from local breeders in the mid 1970's Delta tail shape and size were amazing. Not so much a few years ago til recently, have started to see some stunning pics of fish from mostly overseas breeders, some mind blowing fish, colors and patterns.

These guys are stressed out and getting them into the 46G (half full) tank.

And because shellyx, mentioned getting a super red Pleco, I saw some (short fins) from one of the good breeders at the mini auction and won a bag of 4- yes 4 for $12 /or 13. It is all your fault I couldn't help it. In talking with the breeder afterwards, he thinks he has about 300-500 super red - fry to young ones now!!! Crazy!

Also picked up a plant they called it Bacopa, but I'm wondering if it is Pennywort it was $3 for a bag. After looking comparitively at the pics I think it is PW not Bacopa.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 08:15 AM   #10502
Elephant nose Finatic!

Lot's off fun Autumn Lol
Sorry but the super reds are so cute! So you bought 4! Wow I hope you enjoy them. I did want 2 but Wasn't sure my 30g was big enough.
Yep, devastated about my shrimp, finding dead bodies nearly daily but have a few babies running about.
Haven't done much with my tank's today waiting on a pleco cave coming.
4 for $12 you are so lucky just noticed that! My hubby paid £45 for mine
55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Old 08-06-2016, 02:32 PM   #10503
Aquarium Advice Freak

Nice deals autumn

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2016, 03:43 PM   #10504
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

No dead fish this morning - so that is a plus.

These BN SR short fins are direct from the breeder but also just to spread the love of cute fish around. The mini auctions never seem to net the seller as much value as for the buyer. Once in awhile there will be a bidding war. Better deal to buy for sure.

My friend got a 2 piece on one rock nice size 4" bright neon green LPS coral for $6 and it would have been $35 -40 (or more) at the local fish store.

What I forgot to mention in my exhaustion last night was that I found an importer of Discus - exquisite Discus by a CAS member - more amazing than any I have seen in any of the stores by far!!!!!!!!!!! One of the other members had video of when he visited. And then looked at some other pics when I got home!

Big dream! Just down the road maybe 20 miles away. Oh - and lots of money! Better start saving!

I will try to get a few pics up tomorrow.

Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

Old 08-06-2016, 03:48 PM   #10505
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Also forgot to mention I nearly had a new tank full of friends, the deals I had to nearly tie my arm down on bidding were the Carbon Rili Shrimp which 4 bags all went for $10-14 each bag with a dozen shrimp in each. I would have almost started a new tank for them they were beautiful royal blue and black. THAT was a super steal deal!

Community Rules

Old 08-06-2016, 05:10 PM   #10506
Aquarium Advice Freak

Redid the 2.5 was battling string algae rocks were to close to the light

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2016, 05:38 PM   #10507
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Also forgot to mention I nearly had a new tank full of friends, the deals I had to nearly tie my arm down on bidding were the Carbon Rili Shrimp which 4 bags all went for $10-14 each bag with a dozen shrimp in each. I would have almost started a new tank for them they were beautiful royal blue and black. THAT was a super steal deal!

Show us pictures!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice
Old 08-06-2016, 06:01 PM   #10508
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

PWC and filter media rinse on the snail nursery. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1470517272.070372.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	288455
Still a little cloudy.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:11 AM   #10509
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by guppygourami View Post
Show us pictures!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice
Well nearly the worst pics ever. Guppies aren't cooperating. My "best" Guppy pic is of one of the Guppies with the worst condition tail!!! Of course.

But you can get an idea of the color and pattern and a couple pics of a swishing tail to show how long they are.

Anyway added the rest of the tank full of water and started the AC 110 and added a cloverleaf seasoned sponge filter. The water was REALLY cloudy and it was a bunch of gunk from some half dying plants and old food at the bottom. Which I will clean out tomorrow, but added one Biozorb filter pouch and have a pretty clear tank in only a couple hours!!!

One thing I did was take a piece of the needlepoint plastic canvas from the craft store (when I was trying to make a moss wall) Made a tube out of it and placed it around the intake tube because there are pretty large holes but also because the tip of it broke off and it can suck up small floating plants and probably fish as it is a pretty strong filter.

So I made a tube out of it and sewed it up with half of a prefilter sponge in the bottom, and originally in the top but I couldn't get it to fit around the intake so pushed it down into the middle to add stability. This will allow larger particles to get sucked up and help clean the tank, whereas the prefilter sponge is too fine to let the filter clean the water of the larger particles! I think you can see part of it in one of the pics.

The better pics that came out were of the Super Red Short Fin Albino BN. Oh boy are they cute. And a tiny bit more orange than the pics came out.

Without further ado... (almost worst pics ever)

Here is part of the plastic tube

Poor guy needs some mending

Is my Guppy pregnant? lol!

SR SF BN

So cute!!!

Haven't seen any dead ones either!!! Woot!

Will try for real pics of the Guppies...

Community Rules

Old 08-08-2016, 02:43 PM   #10510
Elephant nose Finatic!

I can't see your pic's Autumn 😭
Pwc on my boraras tank, moved thing's around as I have another longfin super red bristlenose coming! A friend for my other lol these guy's are so cute.
Took some pics, my bnp wasn't wanting his taken! Click image for larger version

Name:	1470678096340.jpg
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	288508
My boraras finally a pic
Click image for larger version

Name:	1470678126222.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	288509Click image for larger version

Name:	1470678143211.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	288510
Baby shrimpies

Name:	1470678196326.jpg
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	288512

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1470678172926.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	288511  

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com