Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-14-2016, 09:24 AM   #10551
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Wow - busy, busy! Fingers crossed it all works out.

Old 08-14-2016, 05:34 PM   #10552
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

There was one dead fish but he looked like it was dead from yesterday, an SAE. So lost 2 of the 4.

All the Rainbows are gone - gut wrenching. But have to move on, I can't make them magically reappear.

The 6 male Cobra Guppies are happily schooling at the upper part of the tank like the previous pic. They have a pretty metallic streak through the center of them and from the top a nice green one too. They are perfect for the top of the tank, little sparks of flashing color.

Over all so far lost the pair of Boesemani and the Turquoise Rainbow trio 1 or 2 Glowlight Tetras and the 2 SAE. Maybe a Pleco. I can't find one but there are many hiding places so I will just continue to watch and see.

Thinking we are on the road to recovery now.

This morning did a 60G pwc on the 72G trouble tank / tried to use the drainvalve on the FX5 filter and it didn't work. I reread the info on it an I might know the problem. Plus I couldn't find the connector for the thing and was trying to hold the hose on, thinking it would only tank about 7 min. but that just didn't work. So I just got my work out and powered through that unending cycle of 5G buckets.

Trimmed a couple plants of dead leaves, knocked some plants out of their spots, wiped the inside lower glass before refilling. Remineralized the pwc water for the KH. I still have some Nitrites so I extra dosed Prime and need to go to the hardware store for a connector frankenstein assembly type thing. Physically I can't really do another 50 gallons by hand today.

Fish seem better, not gasping anymore.

I added a DW with Bolbitis + extra piece of Bolbitis about a foot long as well from the 72G over to the 46G Guppy Tetra QT and the Tetras especially brightened up and are already enjoying it. Have 2 fat momma Guppies and expecting some babies soon. Going to move a handfull of water lettuce and one of floating Wisteria over there for the babies.

Used the pwc water to water some plants and refill the plant holding outside buckets. If I have some time I will check to see if the Daphnia is doing. I have some green water growing for them.

Hope that is all the excitement I get for the day.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 08:24 PM   #10553
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

Did the usual 20% water change, then dosed with liquid fertilizers. Upped the Excel to 3ml from two to see if it helps retard the algae.

Also experimented with administering 2-3ml of hydrogen peroxide to a patch of green beard algae to see if it would help eliminate it. I won't likely be able to judge for 24-48 hours, but the baby platys sure liked chasing the oxygen bubbles it produced.
Now open: "JJ&J's Seafood Buffet" 20g long planted freshwater - Sunset Fire Platy (x5 adults, many young (argh)),Neon Tetras (x11), x3 amano shrimp, 40 lbs. Eco-Complete, AC 50 + AC 20, Finnex Planted+ 8 hours per day, Seachem ferts.
Barliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:52 PM   #10554
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

PWC and took a few more plants out of pots. Waiting for it all to clear and the sun to go down. Then I will assume my chair/viewing position.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 08-17-2016, 08:47 AM   #10555
Elephant nose Finatic!

Well, my new betta arrived safely yesterday 😊 got him settled in.
Had to go to my lfs and buy yet another filter, one I bought was far too big and the other blew him across the tank! So after so Much stress all is working great!
I have another super red longfin bristlenose arriving on Friday hopefully, found a breeder so keeping my fingers crossed!
Gonzos doing fine. Weather is hot here and so are my tank's Grrr
Click image for larger version

Name:	1471434387871.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	288710Click image for larger version

Name:	1471434408651.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	288711Click image for larger version

Name:	1471434426438.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	288712
Meet jaffa cake 😁
55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
Old 08-17-2016, 07:26 PM   #10556
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
Had to go to my lfs and buy yet another filter, one I bought was far too big and the other blew him across the tank! So after so Much stress all is working great!
I have another super red longfin bristlenose arriving on Friday hopefully, found a breeder so keeping my fingers crossed!
Gonzos doing fine. Weather is hot here and so are my tank's Grrr
Attachment 288710Attachment 288711Attachment 288712
Meet jaffa cake 😁
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
Hurray you found a place to get a SR BN Pleco! What a beauty is Jaffa Cake too. Lovely coloration.

~~~~~

Well after a couple of stressful days with the tank and having Nitrites and a little more than preferred Nitrates from kicking up too much gunk in the substrate. The jumbo pwc and the happy BB and clean canister filter made a difference and everything is peaceable in the 72G kingdom once again.

Will need to put together an order of Hikari freeze dried and pelleted foods, I am pretty much out of several of my staples and was also using some flake foods, which probably didn't help my water quality. Considering ordering a half gallon/2ltr od Prime or pond Prime.

I love Angelfish so much - beautiful to watch - until they start fighting with each other. I know the type of fish they are but darn do I wish they were a little sweeter.

Hoping the Neons stay well so I can add them into the 72G soon.

Momma Guppies are looking squared so maybe soon!

Moving some floating plants into their tank tonight.

Still doing some thinking about shifting around fish. After the QT.

The tiny baby White Cloud Mountain Minnows are now getting bigger with grown up color so pretty soon they can move to the other tank.

Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

Old 08-18-2016, 02:50 AM   #10557
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
Beautiful shade of blue on his body.
Now open: "JJ&J's Seafood Buffet" 20g long planted freshwater - Sunset Fire Platy (x5 adults, many young (argh)),Neon Tetras (x11), x3 amano shrimp, 40 lbs. Eco-Complete, AC 50 + AC 20, Finnex Planted+ 8 hours per day, Seachem ferts.
Barliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 03:13 AM   #10558
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

During feeding was able to ID all 3 original short fin Albino BN,

plus the 2 Albino long finned Green Dragon ones, one is called Angel because the pectoral fins are bowed out and look like angel wings, and the other just has pretty fins so been referring to as Beauty. Don't really have hard and fast names for the fish in general.

and the two different colored tail Green Dragons - one has a white margin on the end of his tail - my freebie/gift, and a deep all green one, the breeders pick for a nice fish, beautiful flowing fins.

Happy none died in the tank incident!!!

Community Rules

Old 08-18-2016, 05:44 AM   #10559
Elephant nose Finatic!

Thank you Autumn and Barliman! His color is beautiful the pic's don't do him justice 😊

7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:00 AM   #10560
Elephant nose Finatic!

First 50 % clean on my new bettas tank, it was great only took me 10mins lol He's doing great
Pwc on my boraras tank all fine in there. Didn't receive my 2nd super red bristlenose person took money but didn't send it I'm furious! Guy that I got first one off got a batch in so he's sending me one out for Wednesday such a carry on.
Been looking for a while for a new tank for Gonzo he's 10 inches now and I feel he needs something bigger. Found a new jewel brand and including stand etc 68gallon. Just concerned about moving him, would be putting my old media into the filter, so we'll see need to think about it.

7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com