Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #1051
Aquarium Advice FINatic

finally broke down the flatback hex today (gotta seal a leak). I made a sweet deal on another 44 gallon corner tank for only $30. the lady advertised it as a 35 gallon, and got a ton of calls, the person before me didnt call back so it's sitting in my corner now Saved a good portion of the water so I ended up doing a good PWC. once it settles I will move over the angels.

now its time to do some general regular maintenance on the other tanks

Old 08-26-2012, 09:13 PM   #1052
Aquarium Advice Freak

Got a complete above ground pond kit for $150 at Lowe's (orig $400). First, I was looking at the boxed ones on sale at end of season (there is something so bittersweet about nurseries at this time of year), which were marked $317 from $400. They have a series of three porthole windows. It includes the fountain (faux granite rectangle) and underwater filter. I left that area, because I am not in the mood to dig out a pond and am not going to spend $317 on this project. So I take a walk around the place looking at plants and such, when I find an area with what looks like pond fountains formerly on display. This black framework woven panel complete pond kit was in pieces with no sticker. I asked about it and the guy working there called his manager. Said he could sell it for $150.

It is already set up and fish are now transferred into their new apartment. They love the porthole windows.

http://penningtonaquagarden.com/index.php?id=9 (89 gallons)

Old 08-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #1053
Aquarium Advice Addict

Terraphyte / Biotope Tanks

Not much work to be done on my 5 large tanks anymore. The large, weekly water changes took so much time and effort on the weekends. Well, no more.

The Aglaonema, Philodendron and Pothos have cleaned the water more efficiently then I ever did when I was changing out half the tank volume every week. Kind of wish I'd known about these plants sooner. But, I know about them now and I did get some exercise going up and down the stairs for 6 or so years.

B
Old 08-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #1054

Started a new job n sold my 55gal that never evenbgot fish in it .. keep tending to my small community 10g n really wantin a bigger tank so with this paycheck im gonna redo my 10gal n look at 75-100gal tanks .. im gettin my water n everything done and prayin tropical storm isaac is nice enough to let us keep our lights..but i have plenty of water jugs n gas for the generator ..oh n considerin buyin a betta for my office just dont think ill have enough room n dont really want a small tank would like atleast 5gals for the lil guy..
Old 08-27-2012, 11:35 PM   #1055
Aquarium Advice Addict

I looked at my fish and think I for ripped off on my swordtail. He's supposed to be red. He's just orange. I still like him though. I bought the water for a pwc on my 55 community and 5 gal cycling pico reef. I may do it later. But it's been a busy day.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:46 AM   #1056
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
prayin tropical storm isaac is nice enough to let us keep our lights..but i have plenty of water jugs n gas for the generator
Remember to stay safe ..Be prepared for anything you know how those storms are
I don't miss those storms one bit
after bertha and fran I had enough bertha fed my home to the ocean than the house I rented after losing my house lost its roof to fran
2 homes in 2 weeks I had enough

hope you and your family stay safe and dry

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:50 AM   #1057
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Just worried a little, seeing as tropical storm Issac is likely to knock my power out tomorrow. Hopefully the power will stay on through the storm, or get restored quickly. If not, well, I guess I'll be changing some water a few cups at a time from my Brita pitcher and keeping things aerated.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:43 AM   #1058
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

if you have like a battery operated fan hang it close to the water it will help keep water moving some

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #1059

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed

I don't miss those storms one bit
after bertha and fran I had enough bertha fed my home to the ocean than the house I rented after losing my house lost its roof to fran
2 homes in 2 weeks I had enough

hope you and your family stay safe and dry
Thanks...hate to here u lost all that.. we have been lucky n the only ones we were really affected by was katrina n rita. But we also didnt have fish then .. im not concerned about my betta he will b fine its the 3 otos i worry about most so im gonna try n find a fan today n keep my water for backup to make changes if needed..
Old 08-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #1060
Aquarium Advice Addict

Checked the community tank and spotted new endlers fry! Whoot! I just love these guys, they are SO incredibly small.

Added some beautiful najas grass to my RCS tank and the community tank. Makes a huge difference!

75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com