What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rethought my bioCube set up- got my hands dirty and lost a few snails and one shrimp, but I have learned my lesson. Aquascaped and filled it- took out the media trays and filled the back with my best lr rubble, used sponge, chemi pure bag and biofilters from my 10g nano, along with the water, took 10g from my puffers 40g along with sand for the bottom. I topped it off with box water started it, normal cloudiness and sand and some detritus, all readings normal- little bit low on the ph (7.9) so I buffered and set out on a mission.

Replace and up the amount of snails and add a mated pair of peppermint shrimp, and I am going to make this temporary situation work, and, honestly, I know it'll work out perfect, and I wanted a watchman goby or an algae blenny.

Luckily my adult hand raised pink spotted goby is a little bigger than puff (go figure, their algae blenny were all fry. That tipped the scales... I'm glad I made that decision. I added 3 turbo snails, 10 ceriths, 17 astrea, 10 nassarius, mated pair of peppermint shrimp and my watchman goby, tanks are balanced to each other and I may be able to move puff in next week.

My goby already has his spot claimed in a patch of sand 3 hours after introduction. He dives into the sand and between the side of the aquarium and a little cave I made flipping around and sticking his head out of the sand spitting a mouthful of it as he settled in, and there is no way puff puff could catch him or the mating (or molting) shrimp... He's too clumsy and he is completely oblivious to anything unless it approaches him in his tank...

Wish me luck, lol, I've been up 3 days working on this and doing my research, I'm almost ready to end this madness, well for a little while anyway, maybe I'll get some sleep...

Thanks for reading

Well got my babies in today.. the guy sent 7 n there was no doa...yippie.. i ran home from work with fish n package did a pwc n rearrange the caves n plants some after acclimating the newbies added them .. they seemed to like their new digs wouldnt stay still long.. but i caught some pics ;) then back to work and had to stay late so i couldnt enjoy my new babies.. :(

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130207_223937.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130207_223937.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 98
  • ForumRunner_20130207_224139.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130207_224139.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 102
Replaced the bulbs for my t5 lights, got them on sale at petco. Went to one in a different city because I was in that area for some other things so figured I'd stop in. I must say I was pleasantly surprised by how well the tanks were kept and how knowledgable the attendant in the fish dept was. The one closer to my house could use some good people like the ones at this store.

Last night when I got home I looked at the tank and decided to break open the new API master test kit and check it.

My ph was 6.5
Ammonia was .25
and my Nitrite was 0
BUT
My Nitrate was dark red!!!

Since I have been rooting around in the tank A LOT (also doing pwc as well) but I didn't do any tests the last couple weeks as my test bottles were old all I had left was Ammonia test. Just got the new one a couple days ago.

Moved a huge bunch of driftwood and alot of plants 2x which kicked up tons of gunk, over the last week and a half.

I did a 75% pwc and tested it was orangie a little red so I did another 50% and I tested my tap too- tap water was 0 and then retested, and it was back to about 0, thank goodness.

My 72G had too many micro bubbles, the canister (FX5) has some air in it. Every 24 hrs it resets to purge air bubbles, so I waited and it got most of them, a little bit too many bubbles, but minor. Still hoping the next couple days and resets there will be none. Water is super clear though!

Just flushed $50 down the drain. Last week I bought 5 blueberry shrimp @$10 a shrimp. I haven't seen them in days, I've looked for them and the tank has many hiding spots. I hate to bring myself to assume that the neons in the tank had some VERY expensive shrimp cocktail.

Just flushed $50 down the drain. Last week I bought 5 blueberry shrimp @$10 a shrimp. I haven't seen them in days, I've looked for them and the tank has many hiding spots. I hate to bring myself to assume that the neons in the tank had some VERY expensive shrimp cocktail.

That sucks!! I just bought some neon yellow shrimp and would have been pissed if the same happened.

That sucks!! I just bought some neon yellow shrimp and would have been pissed if the same happened.

Yeah I'm not happy. I got them from my LFS. Cheap ghost shrimp from petsmart are a better option. I have a bunch in my 29 gallon and they are so big and entertaining to watch!

Watching my pleco chase my cichlids around. Hes so grumpy. He gets mad when the cichlids take the repashy cubes from him. He spends a good 5 minutes just chasing everyone. It's kinda funny.

That's awful for you :( i bought 5 blue jelly shrimp thought they had gone but they're still there. You paid a lot for them too.

I had a single Blue tiger orange eye shrimp and a single MALE red cherry shrimp for 24 hours! I found what was left of them floating around the bottom of the tank. I discovered it was my Glowlights that were being nasty! I caught them nipping my Betta's fins. I am also thinking to maybe get rid of my Neons and keeping only my CPDS (celestial Pearl Danio), 3 Endlers, Bunch of Fry, and 1 female guppy in a breeder net because she eats everything! Its a 29 gallon and I think that will be plenty with my cories. I think my CPDS will be more active with the endlers. Plus I have Cherry Shrimp on the way! My female Guppy will go into the 5 gallon by herself.

What I am supposed to do today Water changes, what I am going to do?
NOTHING

Pwc on my elephant nose tank and algae scrub. rearranged the deco still not happy with it, would like another large piece of driftwood :)

Went to my LFS, The Wet Spot in Portland OR- it s fabulous!, gave them 6 orange Platys & a Rubberlip that were not being nice to my other fish. Came home with 6 more Sterbai Cories. Just need to find the two Angelfish I want for my centerpiece fish & I ll be done stocking. Total stock will be- 6 Wagtail Platys plus the 5-7 fry that appeared ( hope they realize they have to grow up to be nice & play well with others, they re so dang cute!), 3 Oto s, 9 Sterbai & the as yet to be acquired AF. Oh and 1 remaining Penquin Tetra, the other 5 died :(, he was going to go back to the LFS but could NOT catch him).

75% pwc on my 46g bf community tank. Had to throw out the air pump and 6inch stone. The stone was broke in 2 and the pump was a dual outlet pump that had both diaphrams cracked. Hooked up my backup pump and another 6inch stone. Scubbed the heck out of 3 of the 4 sides. Added start right and api aquarium salt. Rinsed both my filter cartridges in hot water. Cleaned the glass top and filter covers.

Back
Top Bottom