Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-28-2016, 05:47 PM   #10591
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMaier View Post
Autumnsky what type of plant is this? Attachment 289009

All your pics are awesome. Even the blurry ones, lol. I have lots of those too. Not all the fish are posers like Betta's.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Saltwater - Caulerpa racemosa var. peltata aka Teacups - a cool but ultimately pest macroalgae like most of the Caulerpas.

They look cool, take over the tank without algae eating critters to keep them at bay. Then they melt on you or what is called going sexual (I didn't make that up). Turn to white slime and cause a mess of the water parameters.

Very nice except it went from cute to melt, to big, to melt, to giant and now this Very interesting plant and I am not unhappy to have grown it. Also happy it wasn't in a big SW display tank or something though.

Thinking I will need to eliminate it when I change/upgrade tanks. So cute too. Darn.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 06:00 PM   #10592
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
Definitely been the plant's Autumn, had them soaking in a bucket which was making a strange odour so it's been all my fault 😭😭
Removed more buckets from Gonzos tank the Amanos were still looking uncomfortable so I didn't want to just leave them but... They all survived even the 1 that was upside down dying!

Autumn your pic's are beautiful! Absolutely love the fish especially the plecos 😉 the kubotia are so pretty, the guy I bought my bnps off has those for sale.
Well I have been thinking of moving my guy's from the 30g over to the 55 when Gonzo gets his, but I'd think my boraras would get sucked into the filter soo I'm thinking about it!
No more deaths in the boraras tank filter feeders have just came back out so I'm more relaxed. Coffee time 😁

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.
That is making more sense now. Definitely get the Cuprasorb it will help remove heavy metals. Probably can find at a SW fish store or order.

The importers have to treat the plants to make sure they don't have pests, and it must be a whopper of a cocktail to get pests and diseases as well. Imagining people might not be particularly careful when measuring either.

So glad you were able to do enough pwc to catch it. Keep up the added treatment with the Prime too for awhile. There may be other resin type media additive which could help and be safe for your guys.

As for the Plecos, it is all your fault I now have 7 additional variety of Plecos!!!
Thanks Shellyx and Finley!!!
~~~~~~~

Trying to make the time to run over to the lfs to see if they have any foods I am wanting. Had planned on ordering online and then the prices were average not great, so I didn't now I am at the bottom of the container of the tiny pellets I usually use for the Neons, say I'm going through them faster now with 20 some Guppies and nealy 60 Neons! lol

I didn't feed last night because the fish are getting over fed. Which is what I often do, worrying that the little young fish won't get enought to eat!!!

Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

Old 08-28-2016, 06:23 PM   #10593
Elephant nose Finatic!

I'm looking into cuprasorb think I'm going to have to import it? I'll try my lfs tomorrow give them a call. Definitely want some.
Finlay and I say sorry! Lol, they're so cute 😍 my new one is called Gizmo Lol and tiny.
You have the same problem as me with my boraras except yours are neons I have 61 little guy's and don't know where they've all came from.
Amanos are out feeding tonight such a relief. But removed a dead crs from the boraras tank, I must have hardly any left. So sad.

30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
Old 08-28-2016, 06:23 PM   #10594
Aquarium Advice Activist

Been a long weekend, finally reset 5 tanks after the move. Drip acclimating everyone to the new water is taking FOREVER. Now I just have to catch a crapload of guppy fry.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:45 AM   #10595
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Moved the fish around a little.

Found 2 baby guppies and captured them from the 46G. They are tiny! Now in breeder net.

Took out the ~40 Neons and 2 male Endlers. Acclimated and then removed them to the 72G to hang out with their friends!!!

Removed the 2 XL Angels over to the 46G after they got acclimated.

Things seem calmer now with the big guys in their own space.

The female Guppies and the 2 big Angels will just need to co-exist for awhile. I added a huge chunk of Anubias over to the 46G to add cover for the fish. And added some Guppy Grass as well.

I looked around the outside buckets for any Daphnia and didn't notice a single one.

Found a flower on the Anacharis, always a pretty sight.

Removed a mass of Cladophora algae from one of the containers and had to pick out all the real Java Fern, and other little plants. None of the other buckets had any. Only the brandy snifter full of it which had it before, I just left it as I don't think there are really any plants in there any more anyway.

Removed a handful of Clado from the 12G Edge, looks better now.

Most of the tanks are over grown but I am leaving them as is for now.

Getting ready for another round of changing things. Have company coming a this next week - couple weeks earlier than expected, so I will be putting any further tank changes off til after that.

2 more pics and then who knows when. Neons found their friends!!!

Did pwc on the 46G - 10G, and a 10G pwc on the 72G. Mixed the minerals into the water to keep up the KH.

Didn't get to the lfs did all this instead! Running low on Prime! Tomorrow for sure.

Community Rules

Old 08-29-2016, 03:29 AM   #10596
Aquarium Advice Addict

60% water change on my 29g, and tackled my 5 gallon mess. Just to clear any confusion why it got to that point, I was curious how the water tested with waiting 2 weeks before wc. Today made 16 days, and algae has exploded, including a bunch of cyano :/ Hopefully it'll be completely back under control later this week lol

Jesse
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1472451972304.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	200.9 KB
ID:	289014   Click image for larger version

Name:	1472451984334.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	289015  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1472451994543.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	289016  
Old 08-29-2016, 11:15 AM   #10597
Aquarium Advice Freak

Woke up thos morning 3 of my orange zebra otos died no clue why? Paras are all good. Sux big times😢

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2016, 11:19 AM   #10598
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa512 View Post
Woke up thos morning 3 of my orange zebra otos died no clue why? Paras are all good. Sux big times😢

Ahh sorry to hear that totally rubbish for you.

Old 08-29-2016, 12:26 PM   #10599
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa512 View Post

Sucks! I love otos But after losing 6 earlier this year and the two that made it didn't make it through the move. I'm not sure I want any more any time soon. Though the lfs down the street has a tank of 20 or so.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:25 PM   #10600
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

That is the worst King. So sorry to hear. Did you check your water parameters?

Did extra pwc on SW nano - 2G, and did 2.5G on the 11.4G & 12G, and 15G instead of 10G on the 72G. Happy to get that out of the way.

Community Rules

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com