Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-05-2016, 02:01 AM   #10641
Aquarium Advice Activist

So I drove home to visit mom and dad today. While I was in town there, I decided to swing by an LFS that had seriously gone downhill in the recent years. I'm happy to say they've turned things around nicely. So much so, that I picked up some more Kuhlie's from them, and when they offered me a handful of 1/2" krib fry for next to nothing I couldn't resist. To top it off they threw in a bag of brine shrimp hatchlings for free.

Now I just have to rehome a few as I only wanted a few females for my community tank. I may just change it up and keep a single male. We'll see how it goes. Right now they're hanging out in the fry tank with the guppy fry, and seem to be busy enough chasing eachother they're leaving the fry alone.

Old 09-05-2016, 03:54 AM   #10642
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Dosed last night for the Anchor worms and fed Prazi again 3 days now in a row. Did a 15G pwc before tonights dosage and added the mineral mix to keep the KH up.

Most of the mess of the worms seem gone, but the one Rainbow fish still has some residue on the side of its face. Its one eye is gone all the way now but seems to be healing. Has a red gill too, the one next to the damaged eye. He's the worst.

The one Guppy was looking bad but did seem to look better today, but not that much better that I feel its out of the woods yet.

The unexpected early arrival of company which was coming next week mixed things up a bit from the schedule of things I had planned. So glad I did the pwc when I did.

Took a couple pics!
Rock Flower Anemone with Sexy Shrimp

4 Anemone Shrimp - aka Sexy Shrimp - Finally all 4 as I hadn't seen itare together, I thought for the last 3 weeks I had lost one.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 06:20 PM   #10643
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Rehomed my Denison's. Off to 125 gallons of swimming space. Gonna miss them though.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 09-06-2016, 04:41 AM   #10644
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Can't catch a break right now ups and down like a roller coaster ride but not as much fun.

New adoption Rainbow died. Other fish seem fine - In that tank.

Then I kept seeing the Neons schooling next to the inlet of the FX-5 filter is like a blaster of water and they don't usually hang out there as a school, just ocassional couple swimming through that area. After chasing them out of that spot 20 min later they were there again. Then saw the Cories darting up for air more often. THEN about an hour later they were panting and breathing fast.

So I think I over did the feeding again with the medicated flakes on the 72G. I did a 50+% pwc and this time it was suggested to me to use a hose and I got the hook up to work from the filter to remove the water with a little help. Then I used a 5G bucket to put it back. Still a lot of buckets ~8. Really tired now!

Thinking I might prefer buying a new faucet for my bathroom sink as the present one doesn't have any threads to use to hook up the Python to - no way to hook up an adapter.

I AM going to find a way to remedy my water changing to auto water changing option.

Things are status quo in the other tanks.

Got to talk about the fish and tanks to company and show off fish, invert and tank pics. THAT part was very fun!

Need to buy a new bottle of Prime, almost out - again. Think I need a bigger bottle.

Oh, during the 72G pwc sure I saw a fry fish of some sort swimming in the giant Vals/Eel Grass, probably an extra Guppy that made it in with the Neons. The other 2 Guppy fry are still in the breeder net.

Also removed a bunch of half dead leaves and misc. leaves which had become separated from their plants. Mostly Eel Grass segments. The Angel fish pick at and eat them. Just got more green food for the fish the other day, hoping that helps make them happy enough they stop munching on the salad bar.

Well an hour later, no dead fish in the 72G yet. So that's good news.

Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

Old 09-06-2016, 08:13 AM   #10645
Elephant nose Finatic!

Going to do pwc on my boraras tank hopefully help the Ich. This tank is seriously driving me insane it's been constant heartache! I just wish Gonzo would take company in his new tank when it comes I'd close the boraras tank down. We'll see 😁
So still fighting ich day 9 and still spotty! Boraras are looking not so good, I'm really not wanting to lose them 😔
Found a dead boraras 😭 during pwc so sad.
Hope everything works out ok for you Autumn.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.
Old 09-07-2016, 03:29 AM   #10646
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

Set up a 10g tank tonight to house the platy juveniles as a grow-out tank. They'll start moving tomorrow. I'm going to keep it simple: just a rock for decoration and some floating plants so they feel comfortable. Once they're grown out and at the LFS, I'll decorate it properly and maybe turn it into a (all male) guppy tank.

(I realize this is a bit small --I'd rather do this in a 20-long-- but the juvies are still small. The AC20 filter is a bit over-capacity for this tank, and I'll be doing 10% per day water changes.)
Now open: "JJ&J's Seafood Buffet" 20g long planted freshwater - Sunset Fire Platy (x5 adults, many young (argh)),Neon Tetras (x11), x3 amano shrimp, 40 lbs. Eco-Complete, AC 50 + AC 20, Finnex Planted+ 8 hours per day, Seachem ferts.
Barliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 12:53 AM   #10647
Aquarium Advice Freak

Plants started pearling for once, thinks it cause i had to water circulation i dont have much surface agitation( very very small ripples)think i wasnt getting enough co2 or was dissolving really fast with high circulation. Started getting BBA. Guess will see if the bba subdues or goes away.
Pics
Hydro sp. Japan
Growing really good top left corner

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2016, 12:54 AM   #10648
Aquarium Advice Freak

Also, getting some more orange zebra otos. Gonna drip acclimating them as long as i can. Dont want these dying 😢

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2016, 03:47 AM   #10649
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Shellyx - After thinking of your post from the 6th - if you have a bacterial infection the higher temps might be accelerating the infection. You mentioned the Boraras Briggitae when you got some having a few with no tails, perhaps it went away to a degree but came back now. It is possible you have the 2 issues, ich and bacterial infection.

All these sicknesses are are making me heart sick in thinking of it.
~~~~~

Came home from work to a smelly tank, it was cloudy this morning.

The 46G QT tank with the Anchor worm issue. Foul.

Decided to get a good cleaning done on it. Started with getting hte water level down, then vac'ing the decaying plant bits and misc muck. It is bare bottom but has some DW and plants and a couple larger stones.

Then found 3 fungus covered fish, two were Guppy girls and one was a bigger fish not too sure if it was the big huge Guppy I had it was pretty much a giant fuzz ball.

For some reason the way the filter circulates things, the bodies must have been hiding under the DW, because I looked for more dead ones yesterday and didn't see anything.

Rinsed out the AC 110 filter and in the bottom was one of the Super Red BN plecos.

In QT. Presently have 2 large Angels (previously from the 72G) saw 2 Plecos including the one from the filter, ~5, maybe 6 Guppy girls, 1 Clown Pleco, and the Bronze Cory.

Did a ~2/3rd pwc - added the minerals to the water as I refilled. The fish seemed a wee bit stressed but at least now they aren't in toxic water. The lights have been off since the pwc and am about to go back over and see how they are looking after an hour, need to add the last 2 buckets of water here soon. Trying to do the water change slowly since the bad and the clean water are so different.

I am tired.

The other tanks are looking okay.

Last night in the 12G, the Mexican Swords aka Xiphophorus helleri Rio Otapa were notably larger than the other tank mates and I am thinking they should get moved soon so they can have nice large open spaces. One is obviously a male, brightly colored and one is very large. Two are kinda small and more pale.

Community Rules

Old 09-08-2016, 01:22 PM   #10650
Elephant nose Finatic!

That's what I've been thinking Autumn, I've already euthanized 3 and 8 have died. Really struggling with the Ich at the moment nothing is working. Started the metronidazole hopefully it will help.
Sorry about your fish 😢 so sad.

Well, spent the whole day setting up Gonzos 70g, we're now in agony! It all went smoothly thank goodness. Added his sand and filter's, I'll watch his parameters for a few days.
I'm off for a cup of coffee 😀 I'll take better pic's tomorrow, keeping the light of today so he can settle. Click image for larger version

Name:	1473351702131.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	289185Click image for larger version

Name:	1473351721094.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	289186

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com