Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-29-2016, 07:04 AM   #10711
Elephant nose Finatic!

Sorry to hear about your losses Autumn 😭 I know how that feels. I hope you don't have anymore.

Added new plants too Gonzos tank trying to fill it in looking a bit bare at the moment. Still waiting for the nerite snails I ordered, hopefully they'll arrive today.
Bought a new mag float for his tank (thought it would be easier since I need a step ladder to reach the bottom &#128513
Cleaned boraras tank, plecos looking good! The little borara that lost his top fin too disease is doing well and I'm sure the fin is growing back.
Added a nerite too my bettas tank, he seems not bothered about it so we'll see.

70 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

Old 09-30-2016, 03:56 AM   #10712
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Well it was like murder central after arriving home. So many dead Neons. 3 dead Plecos, 2 super red young ones a light and a dark one and the Clown Pleco. Those are the ones that were dreadfully sad to lose. 2 super red left one was listing and losing sucker grip during hte pwc, and wasn't looking good.

Plus one Paradise fish and one Bronze Cory with about 6 Neons out of 22.

Did a huge pwc about 75-80%. Added in Epsom salts half of what I will add the rest in the morning. Added the water in 1/3, then a couple hours later added another 1/3 will add the other 1/3 in the morning.

Wondering if the plants I brought in from outside had some odd thing dropped in my a bird or slug or snail or something. I'm surprised if it had lived through the meds.
Looks like new medication time though I am doubtful at this point.

Have company coming in to town again and working a lot. Just don't have time for this trouble.

Any consolation that the other 4 tanks are doing alright. Thankful for that.

Thinking just keeping one Betta fish might make life easier.

Oh adding some mineral salt into the trouble tank, also in portions to make the additions easy on the fish.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:05 AM   #10713
Aquarium Advice Activist

HOLY COW!!! I'm so sorry to hear that.

Did you test the water before the PWC? That's nuts!
Old 09-30-2016, 10:17 AM   #10714
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Autumnsky it's like a nightmare. So sad when this happens to anyone and the part that makes it all so insane is never unraveling WHY.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 09-30-2016, 11:59 AM   #10715
Elephant nose Finatic!

That's horrible for you Autumn 😢 so sad to hear. Is your ph ok? Just thinking of the time it crashed. I really hope you don't lose anymore, sending you hugs.

My nerites arrived today 5 went into Gonzos tank as it's got a lot of diatoms! Should keep them busy for a while.
Pwc on my bettas tank, all good in there except for a rip in his tail he keeps getting wondering if it's his filter or betta hammock.
Cleaned filter's in the boraras tank rather dirty! Pleco's are getting along a lot better thank goodness really adore these little guy's 😊

70 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:27 PM   #10716
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Finally found my rouge black spine urchin he is on a killing spree he is taking out all my snails and hermits , I busted him with his spines full of snails and hermits , stupid killing machine now to move him over to my predator tank . and to think I was blaming my wrasses .

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 03:19 AM   #10717
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post
Finally found my rouge black spine urchin he is on a killing spree he is taking out all my snails and hermits , I busted him with his spines full of snails and hermits , stupid killing machine now to move him over to my predator tank . and to think I was blaming my wrasses .
"'He seemed like such a nice, quiet urchin,' said Mrs. Thelma Tang, a neighbor."
Now open: "JJ&J's Seafood Buffet" 20g long planted freshwater - Sunset Fire Platy (x5 adults, many young (argh)),Neon Tetras (x11), x3 amano shrimp, 40 lbs. Eco-Complete, AC 50 + AC 20, Finnex Planted+ 8 hours per day, Seachem ferts.
Barliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 08:20 AM   #10718
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barliman View Post
"'He seemed like such a nice, quiet urchin,' said Mrs. Thelma Tang, a neighbor."

Lol lol. SW - so peaceful to watch, a few horror (expensive!) stories in the mix.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:33 AM   #10719
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barliman View Post
Here you go...

Have not seen my tank in the last few days because of work. Will be doing a plant trim and PWC today. Plus scooping duckweed out of the QT/plant holding tank. No like duckweed.

Old 10-01-2016, 09:57 AM   #10720
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I put duck week in my tanks and the snails loved it. No more duckweed. $1 spent on snail salad.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com