Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-15-2016, 03:32 AM   #10761
Aquarium Advice Activist

Yesterday I used a 16g 4 piece of Hoplosternum thoracatum.
These are as long as fingers.
There are platies and guppies.
In another, I used new bees.
In it are already many blue shrimp.

Old 10-15-2016, 04:21 AM   #10762
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Forgot to grab my SW 5G water storage containers when I went on an errand in the town where one of the not so close lfs is And I NEED SW right now.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 11:02 AM   #10763
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

Water changes on the 55 and fowlr nano.

Attached a grow light over my basil plant hob. More of an experiment than anything else.

Got enough runner clippings off my narrow leaf swords so planted the plants themselves today.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 10-15-2016, 06:55 PM   #10764
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quick 25% pwc's on 72G, and the 2 12's.

Saw the big upside down cat come out to eat but by the time I grabbed a big enough net, it shimmied back into the DW. So I could move it into the 46G.

The Fall CAS Auction is coming up here in Denver on the 29th and am sooooo looking forward to that.

Planning on looking to get a Pygmy Sun Fish, there are usually a few up for sale, hoping to grab a male if I can. Swear I don't need very much else........ But somehow I always spend soooo much money there.

Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

Old 10-15-2016, 11:59 PM   #10765
Aquarium Advice Activist

Spent 2 hours picking up a freebie 55. Lady didn't tell me it needed to be broke down and cleaned out before moving it. I get there and it's an almost empty tank that's been sitting stagnant for almost 8 months. You want to talk about NASTY.... It's still sitting in the bed of my truck covered by a topper. I could smell it 200' down wind earlier tonight.

Freebie tank, stand, hood, filters, python plus a bunch of other stuff. Can't complain too much. LOL just not looking forward to the cleanup tomorrow. I've had a migraine all day today.

Woke up this morning to a new batch of peppered cory eggs on the tank. That's twice this week they've left me gifts. First batch should hatch sometime tomorrow. Only have one that's turned white. Group previous to this bunch were all eaten.
Old 10-16-2016, 01:09 AM   #10766
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruutah View Post
Spent 2 hours picking up a freebie 55. Lady didn't tell me it needed to be broke down and cleaned out before moving it. I get there and it's an almost empty tank that's been sitting stagnant for almost 8 months. You want to talk about NASTY.... It's still sitting in the bed of my truck covered by a topper. I could smell it 200' down wind earlier tonight.

Freebie tank, stand, hood, filters, python plus a bunch of other stuff. Can't complain too much. LOL just not looking forward to the cleanup tomorrow. I've had a migraine all day today.

Woke up this morning to a new batch of peppered cory eggs on the tank. That's twice this week they've left me gifts. First batch should hatch sometime tomorrow. Only have one that's turned white. Group previous to this bunch were all eaten.
I'd just leave the hose run in it for awhile in the middle of the grass til most of the stench is washed out, lol. Are there any surprise inhabitants? Daughter had a Cory live in her abandoned tank for a couple months, no food, no air/water circulation/bubbler, no heater?!?

Congrats on new eggs, any way to put a upside down or side ways breeder net around the eggs to see if they hatch (not get eaten)?

Community Rules

Old 10-16-2016, 02:42 PM   #10767
Elephant nose Finatic!

Not done much today, I have had a day without cleaning so just enjoyed watching them!
Fed live bloodworm to Gonzo and my betta. The boraras got live baby brine shrimp which they go crazy for. Click image for larger version

Name:	1476639749676.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	290060Click image for larger version

Name:	1476639763806.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	290061
Old 10-16-2016, 10:00 PM   #10768
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

That's a handsome betta, Shelly. Love his color combination.

For the first time in my life, I bagged my own fish today!

My 20-long was being overrun with platys (little sex maniacs ), so I took the five biggest to my LFS this afternoon for re-homing. bagging and tying off the bag was easier than I expected, but catching them in a heavily planted tank took a while. The last especially tried desperately to avoid the net -- I was afraid he'd hurt himself. But, now they're safely at the store, awaiting new owners.

Of course, this is only a part of the platy population explosion I've experienced. There are four more fry (and four adults) in the 20, plus seven juveniles in a 10g I've set up as a grow-out tank. (I need to do a write up of that) Cute little guys, always begging for food. As soon as they reach about an inch, off to the store they go, too.
Now open: "JJ&J's Seafood Buffet" 20g long planted freshwater - Sunset Fire Platy (x5 adults, many young (argh)),Neon Tetras (x11), x3 amano shrimp, 40 lbs. Eco-Complete, AC 50 + AC 20, Finnex Planted+ 8 hours per day, Seachem ferts.
Barliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 10:08 PM   #10769
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
Not done much today, I have had a day without cleaning so just enjoyed watching them!
Fed live bloodworm to Gonzo and my betta. The boraras got live baby brine shrimp which they go crazy for. Attachment 290060Attachment 290061
Nice, a more relaxing day, a good thing once in awhile. Beautiful Betta, looks happy - and like he's showing off for the pic!

~~~~~~~~~

Maybe I will get to moving the ~ 4 fish over to the 46G out of the 72G. Never got an additional DW like I was wanting so will need to take one out of the 72G.

I have a smallish couple out in the buckets, but I am worried about using anything out of the outdoor buckets in case the trouble I had before came out of the buckets when I brought things inside???!!!???

Angels seemed to settle down now, & not too sure I want to move him just yet.

Community Rules

Old 10-17-2016, 12:38 AM   #10770
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
...Never got an additional DW like I was wanting so will need to take one out of the 72G.

I have a smallish couple out in the buckets, but I am worried about using anything out of the outdoor buckets in case the trouble I had before came out of the buckets when I brought things inside???!!!???

Would boiling and soaking the DW help? If there is a risk (with the buckets and anything in them), maybe you should hold off adding them.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Fish tank | - »