Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-01-2012, 01:14 AM   #1071
Aquarium Advice Freak

*suddenly thinking about "Dude Where's My Car" where Ashton Kutcher says, "No, I mean THE WHOLE CAR..." roflmao

I have done a 50% water change on the 29 FW. Tomorrow morning, friends are helping move the extremely heavy 150 glass tank into the house. {{{Getting very nervous}}} Hub misses the 8" shubunkins and comet but I told him they would be much happier outside in the pond garden thingy. Too messy, and I am the one doing the maintenance, so that's that. :P

Got a 25' python.

Briefly considered going salt with the 150, then completely chickened out. Took vote on sand color, black or white. Hub and kid want white. I don't mind it actually, but was sort of wanting black.

Old 09-01-2012, 01:42 AM   #1072
Aquarium Advice FINatic

i bet that would be the coolest tank if you would have gone salt!! (DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT)

put a marineland LED light on my 44 FOWLR and moved the light from that to the 44 Fresh. cant wait to turn on the moon light tonite to see how that looks in the dark.

put my maroon clown (Moony) back in the 75 tonite.

may get a few more angels tomorrow.

may start to work on the flatback hex re-seal project

Old 09-01-2012, 01:51 AM   #1073
Aquarium Advice Freak

I am so scared I am going to mess up with salt, for some reason. Or maybe it is fear of commitment...

Plus, I would have to get a really nice LED lighting system (by "nice" meaning at least $300 and programmable of course) and hub has already been looking at me like...hrm....we already spent $500, and then $150 on the outdoor thingy.

Not an easy sell, but then I can usually find a way to "convince" him we "need" this...
Old 09-01-2012, 01:59 AM   #1074
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Honestly I felt the same way for a long time. Found a good CL deal and since he sold alot of the stuff to get me started i just went with it. I've found that getting it started is the hardest part. I'm still in the "new tank" time frame, but it is getting easier for me. I've got to mixing the salt just about right (your LFS will even sell you salt water btw), and you just have to keep up with a few extra parameters.

if it wasnt for my love for angelfish and guppies I'd have all saltwater tanks right now
Old 09-01-2012, 02:54 AM   #1075
Aquarium Advice Addict

After three months of going back and forth I finally added water to my 55g! Saltwater!

Excited and nervous at the same time so I will be taking my time with my new saltwater tank

Sometimes learning from the mistakes of others is all the education and experience you need.
bigbanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:26 AM   #1076
Aquarium Advice FINatic

good luck! one thing i've learned about saltwater, time and patience is key
Old 09-01-2012, 03:29 AM   #1077
Aquarium Advice Regular

Took down my 30 gallon turtle tank in anticipation of the completion of my new 55 gallon with custom 3d background! Sooo excited!!!!!
Old 09-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #1078
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcdebb
good luck! one thing i've learned about saltwater, time and patience is key
Someday, my friend, someday...

The 150 is in the house and sand is waiting to be put in. Now nappie tiemz . Back at it later.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #1079
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbanker
After three months of going back and forth I finally added water to my 55g! Saltwater!

Excited and nervous at the same time so I will be taking my time with my new saltwater tank
Awesome!! It took me 3 months of staring at my 5 gal fluval before I added saltwater! Now its about done cycling and I'll be getting a hermit crab or something small soon. Woot! Do you have a build thread?
Old 09-02-2012, 12:56 AM   #1080
Aquarium Advice Freak

Sand is washed (took four bags of play sand, help from hub and kid, and the very last fringe edge of my last nerve)...is in the 150 tank, which is FINALLY FILLED WITH ACTUAL WATER to be cycled, now closing the door on it all til tomorrow x_x

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com