What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Worked a 9 hr day, came home to a Sterbai acting 'funny' but not in the good way, Nitrates higher than normal ( could ve been 10, 20 or higher, anyone else have trouble reading that stupid API chart?). Did a 3/4 tank water change, fixed the plants that have been bugging me, fixed the airstone that had worked it s way to above the gravel again, put the cover on, put the lights back on, closed the cover. Was doing dishes & noticed the air hose from the air stone had come off of the airstone & was flopping all over, removed the cover, lights & top, reached in & reattached it . Waiting to retest the Nitrates. You know, just a normal 'I have an aquarium' type of day :).

50% clean on my bettas tank removed my cories and put them in my 50 gallon. Just him and his snails now. Going to remove one filter instead of the two going.
40% clean on my elephant nose tank, filter clean. Cories loving the room! Hope they don't eat all my elephant,s food

Was planning on my first dose with dry ferts but I missed the ups delivery so I'm just going to the hub by me to pick it up but that's gotta wait until 8pm

Did a pwc on the reef, scraped some algae and buffered the PH up to 8.2.
Added some bigger hermit shells also.

50% clean on my bettas tank cleaned the impeller. Can't get over the growth of my apple snail she's bigger than my adult diffusa! Found out she's a cana here's a foto of her, the first is only a week ago. Yikes!

ForumRunner_20130217_153529.jpg

ForumRunner_20130217_153547.jpg

Super Cold got me, I was sick in bed for several days.

Yesterday managed to top off tanks and pond.

Did PWC for neighbors swim bladder problem Betta who seems much better now. Still isn't moving around a lot but can get from top to bottom alright now, not swimming sideways!

Did PWCs on two tanks 60% 32G and back to back 5G on the 16G, I didn't feel like unplugging the filter.

Sold some shrimp and Java Moss. (y)

My daughter brought me a almost new Fluval 110 It had been returned to the store and the people bought a canister filter instead, and had only been used a couple weeks, it was a gift to me but only cost her $17. :dance:

The airline smashed her bag and broke a couple plastic pieces on the lid and side, though I don't think it should be a problem and still function fine. I will try and get the airline to replace the housing, since they smashed it :nono: They probably won't do anything, there is always super glue!

I am planning more changes to the fish tanks, still in the research and development phase right now!

Honestly having a hard time deciding on focus being more fish like trying to raise GBRams and Golden Rams or inverts. I would tend towards more of everything, but since I am trying to learn the meaning of SIMPLIFY my life...such an alien term!!! :rolleyes: :blink: :whistle: :angel:

Thanks for listening!

Done a 50% water change on my wifes 20 gallon planted tank yesterday and cut wysteria back (stuff grows like weeds)

added 2 blue green chromis to my saltwater tank yesterday

Done a 10% pwc on my saltwater tank today

25% pwc on my 55, some replanting, some new planting and of course my drift wood wants to move around so I spent almost 30 min trying to get it back to where it was...and its still not...lol
Switched the light in my beta tank...not a fan of the color enhancer bulb on my tiny beta tank...
Also did some reserch on cichlid tank and were possiablly going big....possiably in the 100+ area so we can have some oscars!

Setup the 110. Water change on 75. Gotta pick out my rocks tomorrow.

Attachments

• image-1635390795.jpg
    image-1635390795.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 71
Well i did a pwc on the 55g n added 13 cichlid stones to the 10 i already had n added a few pieces of slate. Setup my canister filter finally..so i now have 3 filters n a powerhead.. fed my africans and am now watchin them play n their new surroundings.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130217_195219.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130217_195219.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 87
  • ForumRunner_20130217_195228.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130217_195228.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 63
I tore apart my 55 and moved the fish and decor to my 35 gal hex. I'll be redoing the 55 to house crawfish and bluegill.

57623-albums11502-picture51556.png

Re homed a few rouge Mbuna's yesterday to my buddy's shop in his HUGE display tank. Lets see how tough they are there lol.

Did some water changes, algae scrapping, glass cleansing. Light lens cleaning.

A full inspection on filters, heaters, tanks. Tool the level out and checked for possible drop or shifting of any sort. All is good. Sat down cracked open and ice cold beer and watched the tank...

What a life they have lol.

Had a dream last night that I lost my entire stock in my 10 gallon. 6 neons, 3 ottos and some shrimp. I woke up to go to work, turned on the light and everyone was accounted for. I came home from work and did a 60% wc, just for good measure.

I either need a hobby or I have too much time on my hands. I just spend 15 minutes trying to catch shrimp to transfer between tanks. And I was outsmarted!

Back
Top Bottom