Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-08-2016, 11:44 PM   #10831
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Autumnsky just reading your post wore me out. I'm tired for ya!

Old 11-08-2016, 11:49 PM   #10832
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

60% PWC and vacuum in the 8g Biorb for my son. Some blue green algae has popped up and I have never had it before. Someone gave me some silk plants and I suspect.... oh well now is the time to treat it but still trying to decide the best course. I gently removed all the affected items and the rinsed them well in a bucket of old tank water. A lot of it came off. That and the water change things look normal at the moment.

I am considering a UV treatment and a peroxide one, but I need to figure out how to dose. Also going to add a bubbler to move the water a bit more. If all of that fails the last resort will be the erythromycin. I hate to lose my beneficial bacteria.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:52 PM   #10833
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMaier View Post
60% PWC and vacuum in the 8g Biorb for my son. Some blue green algae has popped up and I have never had it before. Someone gave me some silk plants and I suspect.... oh well now is the time to treat it but still trying to decide the best course. I gently removed all the affected items and the rinsed them well in a bucket of old tank water. A lot of it came off. That and the water change things look normal at the moment.

I am considering a UV treatment and a peroxide one, but I need to figure out how to dose. Also going to add a bubbler to move the water a bit more. If all of that fails the last resort will be the erythromycin. I hate to lose my beneficial bacteria.
So you think there is a reason to be tired?!?

~~~~~

So hard to decide how to treat the gunk, maybe need the water to get moving a little more - flow!

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 01:30 AM   #10834
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Came home tonight and found that the plastic breeder net box fell apart and the fry escaped, the Paradise fish was hanging around and looking in the net so I am pretty sure I know what happend to some of them.
It was the napkin he was wearing and the knife and fork that gave him away, wasn't it?

Paradise fish are lovely. I'd like to own some one day.
Old 11-09-2016, 01:40 AM   #10835
Aquarium Advice Freak

Perhaps again the rubber suction cup from the glass.
This rubber holds only the first 14 days, then thin wire must be attached for safety. Whether heater, thermometer, pump, everywhere the same.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:42 PM   #10836
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barliman View Post
It was the napkin he was wearing and the knife and fork that gave him away, wasn't it?

Paradise fish are lovely. I'd like to own some one day.
Why yes that was how I knew!

He is lovely but a rescue fish and didn't really think through that he might fight with my other fish Opaline Gourami. Haven't put them together to find out yet or maybe ever. hmmmm??? Thinking it over still.

~~~~~~~~

Thanks Arthur.

~~~~~~~~

This morning before work found that 2 of the SW Rock Flower Anemones had hiked pretty far to the back of the tank at least I only could see one in the mass of Macro Algae in the rush of turning on all the lights. The look of the macroalgaes all around the live rock looks pretty cool imo. I know it is pest type stuff on 2 of the varieties, but that is really neat. Cautious appreciation, lol. I think I want to find a few more live rocks for the new SW tank going to set up in a week or 2 so that the Macro Algae ones can stay in the Macro Algae 6.6G excess MA tank...ur um...vase.

That makes me think I need a new table credenza type thing to hold my "vases" I am feeling pretty positive about doing some tank moving and rescapes here after my out of town trip next week. I also plan to scout out some interesting fish store shops to check out on the trip.

Really the primary thing I want is some nice substrate for my new shrimp tank. But won't be able to resist some great looking rocks and types of woods if they happen into my path.

Main thing I need to do is hook up my light timers for the tanks. Hmm.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

FW & SW
Old 11-11-2016, 07:22 PM   #10837
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Lost Blue today and just heartsick. Did a 60% pwc and vacuum. Moved things around a bit. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1478910053.973044.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	290852

Buce has been in the tank for 3 months and has been putting on leaves. Java and Anubias are doing great.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:21 PM   #10838
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

Quote:
Lost Blue today and just heartsick.
I'm so sorry.
Old 11-12-2016, 12:17 AM   #10839
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barliman View Post
I'm so sorry.

Thanks
Old 11-12-2016, 02:39 AM   #10840
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Lost Blue today and just heartsick. Attachment 290852
Hey there. Last night I was just admiring the pic of him you recently posted where he looked like he was photo bombing and showing off his spunky attitude.

Geez that kinda thing hurts, and I know he will be missed, those guys are part of our daily lives and we really get attatched and love them - and miss them.

I am sorry he's gone.

~~~~~~

Heading off to be gone for around a week. Left 4x6 index cards at each tank and instructions and little Dixie cups with which type of food on each tank so the other non fish keeper people can take care of them.

Trimmed some Macro Algae away from the area where the Rock Flower Anemones live and keep settling in, in different spots. Put it in the MA overflow Vase.

The small fancy RFA just moved out from under the big guys shadow. Now in the middle of the sand area.

Added calcium and minerals to the SW nano. Have been noticing that my lettuce Nudibranch loves to sit under the light I am guessing where it is warm. Saw it eating Macro Algae from what I could tell, the other night. Hoping it is happy in there as I really love it.

I made organic baby lettuces ice cubes to feed the snails in the bucket and Plecos in the 72G.

Added the Pleco clay cave I got at the auction a couple weeks ago to the 72G. Facing to the glass so I can watch whoever moves in. Hoping big Mister Albino (big) Bristles bushynose - he seems like the type to guard a cave as he is a couple years old now. If he might end up with an actual mate we shall decide what will be done at that point. There are 2 adult Albino females the same age.

Saw one SAE checking it out in there. In he went and then decided in a moment of panic he couldn't really turn around once in there, so shimmied out backwards - fast! That's it for the moment. Will be watching how everyone is doing even if I don't /can't comment .

Community Rules

FW & SW

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com