Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 12-08-2016, 09:14 PM   #10901
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
nirbhao's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Michigan, Metro Detroit
Posts: 2,891
I got the metal mesh tubes to cover the filter intake siphons. Woo hoo!
__________________

__________________
I'm probably on my phone.

http://injaf.org/
http://thedelicion.com
nirbhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:30 PM   #10902
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
KingKoopa512's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 764
Well starting over with my Ada mini m jus could get the algae under control staghorn, stringy long green algar. Im having a hard time keeping a stable amount of co2. Will be replacing the substrate with global stratum again some different Ohko stones maybe some small spiderwood. Will be spraying the hydro sp. Japan with some hydrogen peroxide before an whatever other plants i might be keepin[ATTACH]291772[/ATTACH
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tapatalk_1480137770525.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	291772  
__________________

__________________
KingKoopa512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 12:10 AM   #10903
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator
 
Autumnsky's Avatar



POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern Colorado, USA
Posts: 10,363
Removed the latest Rock Flower Anemone which never got settled and seems to be nearly dead. It opened up a little today but it's foot wasn't attached to anything and hasn't been for a day and a half before and it was shriveled and I figured it was only near death. Moved in a net to the 6.6g MacroAlgae "vase". Maybe...

Had done another 1G pwc the night before, . Still have another gallon or so but I need to go get 15-20G more SW water from the SW lfs.
__________________

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 03:03 AM   #10904
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
lunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 298
Added 8 forktail rainbows and 12 celestial pearl danios to my 90 ltr
__________________
lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 07:52 AM   #10905
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator
 
Fresh2o's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 11,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunch View Post
Added 8 forktail rainbows and 12 celestial pearl danios to my 90 ltr


Nice combo! Gorgeous fish.
__________________
I am an ALGAE farmer.
Terms of Service | Community Rules | FresH2O's Planted Tank | Fresh2o's Shrimp Tank
Fresh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 07:52 AM   #10906
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator
 
Fresh2o's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 11,815
Pulled out about 90% of the subwassertang from the shrimp tank and put it into my holding tank. Here is a before and after pic of the tank. Lots of open space in front; I can actually see the shrimp now.
__________________
I am an ALGAE farmer.
Terms of Service | Community Rules | FresH2O's Planted Tank | Fresh2o's Shrimp Tank
Fresh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:55 AM   #10907
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Caliban07's Avatar


 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 5,315
Stared at my Monte Carlo carpet for a good few hours cursing. Attempted voodoo in the hope to get it to grow healthily. It didn't work so I cursed again and thought about all the different possibilities that could be making it go brown. Decided that as I did the same thing yesterday and the day before I would just continue to let it grow to see if turns green some day.

Wiped some algae off the front glass and cried...
__________________
Caliban07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 09:04 AM   #10908
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Caliban07's Avatar


 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 5,315
What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa512 View Post
Well starting over with my Ada mini m jus could get the algae under control staghorn, stringy long green algar. Im having a hard time keeping a stable amount of co2. Will be replacing the substrate with global stratum again some different Ohko stones maybe some small spiderwood. Will be spraying the hydro sp. Japan with some hydrogen peroxide before an whatever other plants i might be keepin


Love that scape mate. Good luck with your efforts.
__________________
Caliban07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 09:40 AM   #10909
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
TMaier's Avatar



POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Concord, CA
Posts: 3,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliban07 View Post
Stared at my Monte Carlo carpet for a good few hours cursing. Attempted voodoo in the hope to get it to grow healthily. It didn't work so I cursed again and thought about all the different possibilities that could be making it go brown. Decided that as I did the same thing yesterday and the day before I would just continue to let it grow to see if turns green some day.

Wiped some algae off the front glass and cried...

Oh your killing me. I snorted my coffee up my nose. I love high tech voodoo tanks!
__________________
Old lady with tanks...
TMaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 09:43 AM   #10910
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Caliban07's Avatar


 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 5,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMaier View Post
Oh your killing me. I snorted my coffee up my nose. I love high tech voodoo tanks!


I'm having to life tap from my puppy just to keep the Monte Carlo alive.

No seriously though. I haven't really done anything. It's a waiting game right now.
__________________

__________________
Caliban07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« 8 gallon stocking? | - »
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.