Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-26-2016, 08:09 PM   #10951
Aquarium Advice Activist

Today I started a nano reef tank. Just live rock and water right now. Corals and inverts down the road once we make sure cycling is all good. I think my live rock came with a snail on it tho! Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1482800979.505356.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	292323

Old 12-26-2016, 08:55 PM   #10952
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Got new lights and filter from Santa and started revamping the tank today. I took tomorrow off too so I can keep playing.

Old 12-26-2016, 09:06 PM   #10953
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Swapped the Finnex 24/7 (which was running at 20%) that was on the shrimp tank with the Finnex FugeRay on the planted tank. The shrimp tank is bright now. Hopefully algae won't be too bad in the shrimp tank..
Old 12-27-2016, 02:35 AM   #10954
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

Got a $50 gift card to my LFS from a friend for Christmas. When I told him I was going to buy rocks with it, he looked at me oddly. Obviously something only a fishkeeper would understand.
Old 12-28-2016, 03:00 AM   #10955
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunch View Post
Same tank, had 2 male threadfin rainbows in it for a few months, decided to add 2 females, had to help the lady at the pet store sex and catch them and for my assistance, she threw in an extra 1 for free, $16 fish for $0, tyvm.. The difference between male to male display and male to female display is pretty cool.

Still same tank, 2 Borneo suckers and a few plants
Old 12-29-2016, 10:11 PM   #10956
Aquarium Advice Addict

At the LFS saw a guy buy a $200 fish as well as the tank, stand, and filter.... The guy working there offered some filter media and told the guy he could pick up the fish once his tank is up and running. Purchaser was not thrilled about leaving without this fish.

Dropped off some guppy fry for store credit. Got some ramshorn snails. He said bring him babies to feed the puffers. Then the rams said, "thanks for the snacks!"

http://injaf.org/
http://www.instagram.com/thedelicion
nirbhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:38 PM   #10957
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfran View Post
Today I started a nano reef tank. Just live rock and water right now. Corals and inverts down the road once we make sure cycling is all good. I think my live rock came with a snail on it tho! Attachment 292323
I LOVE SW nano tanks! How nano is it? A snail, what kind??? It's free, usually you have to pay for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh2o View Post
Swapped the Finnex 24/7 (which was running at 20%) that was on the shrimp tank with the Finnex FugeRay on the planted tank. The shrimp tank is bright now. Hopefully algae won't be too bad in the shrimp tank..

How about a siesta for the tank, jic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirbhao View Post
At the LFS saw a guy buy a $200 fish as well as the tank, stand, and filter.... The guy working there offered some filter media and told the guy he could pick up the fish once his tank is up and running. Purchaser was not thrilled about leaving without this fish.

Dropped off some guppy fry for store credit. Got some ramshorn snails. He said bring him babies to feed the puffers. Then the rams said, "thanks for the snacks!"
Dang, Ram snacks!? No baby RH I guess.

Nice that the guy at the lfs couldn't take his fish.....WHAT kind of fish was $200??? And the tank and set up from a lfs. Wow, Santa was extra nice to that guy!
~~~~~~~~~

So I am fed up with the waiting game from Fluval, basically promising a new kind of tank, YEARS ago and not released to the public for sale yet.
You can read here about the empty quest for a really awesome looking tank, if you wish
New 19G/72L Fluval Edge 3 FINALLY coming soon

So after unsuccessfully looking for another [used] 12G Fluval Edge to make matching 12G Edge tanks to flank the 72G along the imagined to be /planned majestic fish wall (LOL), I might need to rethink the what tank and how to set it up. I don't want to spent the $$ for a new edge, almost do want to but then reconsidering that too. Hahaha, all the plans are a big fat mess now. Actually mad and sad.

There is a stack of tanks worth in my supply closet but not the one I need to make it cool and awesome this next week. If I were a 2 year old, I would be on the floor kicking, screaming and crying - having a tantrum right now. :/

Since I'm not 2, I am complaining to y'all instead!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 11:37 PM   #10958
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
I LOVE SW nano tanks! How nano is it? A snail, what kind??? It's free, usually you have to pay for them!

It's teeny weeny-- 3 gallons. Corals and a few inverts is the plan. The freeloading snail is a turbo who will need to be taken back because I think he is too big and clumsy for the nano. I will trade him in for a 20% off coupon.

PM me if you have any advice that way we don't clog this thread
Old 12-31-2016, 05:25 PM   #10959
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

While I was sitting down to have some coffee, I hear a wierd & loud squanking noise out of the 12G Edge filter. Running over to see what was going on, it was not running water. So it was squanking for help, lol! I grap a cup and get some water in there and it starts the pumping again. Whew!

Then I realize that the Shrimp tank the Mr. Aqua, isn't running either! So get the cup and put the water in and it starts up again.

I think we had a brown out and they didn't restart. Need 2 new pump motors asap I guess.

I see some MTS so I pick them out and then it happens...I see the illusive and very large WCMM up against the cloud of Subwassertang. I go for the net only for the sneaky guy to disappear in to the plants. I am determined! Grab out a half of a half gallon pitcher of Subwassertang move over a giant mass of Java Fern on a DW and I see it!!! First scoop missed but then I see it again and BAM! Shot over to the other tank.

Strange thing is it is about 1/3 larger than the other WCMM. Like perhaps it has enjoyed the good life of eating its fill of Tangerine Tiger shrimp fry and possibly other little baby Chili fish....??????? Hmmm.

So now after so long of me being worried for it all alone with no WCMM to school with, I am afraid it will be much more sad living with out the all you can eat shrimp dinners it has become so accustomed to! C'est la vie little fishie!

Anyway, I saw so many TT shrip in the tank. Relieved they are finally breeding well.

Decided to do the pwc in the 12G Edge and the Mr. Aqua 11.4G since I was already making a mess. Cleaned the sponge prefilter on the TT tank and put back the Subwassertang. Then got the insiration from the massively covered Java Fern Covered DW in the TT tank, to set up my used but never used by me before Spec V. (My DD got for me from Goodwill for about $5. Good to have them trained to find good deals for you )

Then realized I needed clean the water ring at the top of the tank and find a longer table top to set it on AND to go to work. Such an inconvenience, work. I did locate a moderate amount of my Garnet sand to put in there though.

I think I will use it for extra plants for now.

It is more attractive than a 5G bucket which I was told looked like a nasty swamp bucket sitting next to the back door. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and "love is blind", are cliches that probably fit that circumstance, lol. So this way it will be pretty (and maybe ready for a new inhabitant)

Found a tiny Micro Anubias Nana Petite (leaves are ~3 mm) I was wondering what had become of it, but it was growing in the Subwassertang cloud, over taken and hidden. Kinda excited about setting up the new Spec plant tank.

Bought and added in 2 new batteries for the 2 remote controllers for the Current USA Planted Plus lights and moved the used one to the strip remote I am not using at the moment.

Wow, so bright now! The 36" 46G bowfront hasn't had the right light on it in since forever - looks great and the 72G will now have light in the back of the tank with the stock 4' light and the 48" Current one To think I thought it was broken and it just needed a battery - great use of $5.00 for 2 batteries!!!

Got me smiling again. Finally, for once, a low cost, easy solution to a problem! Wish there were more easy fixes.

Happy New Year All! Best Wishes for an excellent 2017!

Things are slowly coming together.

Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

Old 01-01-2017, 02:57 AM   #10960
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Got a little table moved to set up the Spec V. The tank was really pretty clean, but it had a mineral ring around the top, a tiny amount of dirty particles in the filter compartment. I used a magic eraser and rnsed it out. Looks brand new really, I hadn't really looked at it much but stuffed it into the closet when I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. It still has the price tag 9.99 but it was 40 or 50% off so about $5 or 6. Wow, what a great deal, and a blessing she thought of me. The light was inside in a bag and it was with some API water conditioner and Accu-clear good until 2020, so it must not be too old. Plus some nice filter media in the box.

Light works and now the tank is sitting on the table with the Garnet sand, just the right amount, ready for a new scape for the bucket of swamp plants, lol.

Also wanting to capture the 2 Xiphophorus helleri Rio Otapa Swords from the 12G and add them into the 72G so they can be friends with the other 2 of the same kind. They are getting close to maturity. Do see one getting even more colorful, and hoping to see a sword grow out on the tail - fingers crossed I get at least one male out of the 4.

Community Rules

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com