Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-09-2017, 07:56 PM   #11001
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Got some new plants today 😊Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170109_131425.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	231.2 KB
ID:	293083

Old 01-09-2017, 09:28 PM   #11002
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa512 View Post
Got some new plants today Attachment 293083

What substrate is that?

Old 01-09-2017, 09:30 PM   #11003
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Fluval stratum getting some more to add some to the right hand side. Few pebbles mixed in with it. Was to lazy
Old 01-09-2017, 10:40 PM   #11004
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa512 View Post
Fluval stratum getting some more to add some to the right hand side. Few pebbles mixed in with it. Was to lazy
I guess you like it as you are getting some more.... what are the best features of it....does it get mushy or silty quickly?

~~~
Did pwc on TT tank and SW, hoping for the other 2 tanks too but not sure I will have time!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:59 PM   #11005
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I like it. It does get mushy but really only on the very bottom. An I meant those white pebbles don't come in the fluval stratum. It just accidentally got mixed up, when I was cleaning it. Got too lazy to take out every single one lol 😆
Old 01-10-2017, 03:10 PM   #11006
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well I did a 30% pwc and added salt. I should be adding new fish soon and I can't wait to show you guys. I took my heater out and scrubbed it well to get off what I believe was fin rot gunk (had an infection a short while ago) and algae. Also, I scrubbed the tank down and cleaned it up a bit. Put in my conditioner and all. Took pictures and video of my fish, too. Haha.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:44 PM   #11007
Aquarium Advice Freak

About to drop some tips in the ATM, ordering some things off the Petco website today, as they have a $30 off $100 online only sale.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:33 PM   #11008
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkieam View Post
About to drop some tips in the ATM, ordering some things off the Petco website today, as they have a $30 off $100 online only sale.
Sweet!!
Old 01-10-2017, 11:38 PM   #11009
Aquarium Advice Freak

Stared at the Betta lol

He's in quarantine for tattered fins, but the more I watch him, the more I think it's self-induced from squeezing in where he shouldn't fit

He doesn't seem worse the wear for itClick image for larger version

Name:	Image1484109458.660739.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	293120Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1484109483.374363.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	293121
Old 01-11-2017, 12:05 AM   #11010
Aquarium Advice Regular

Today I finally found a Freshwater Master Test kit at my LFS...turns out I was just looking in the wrong section. Silly me . I also managed to get myself ten bucks of tank decorations free along with the Freshwater Master Kit due to having a 10$ off coupon on me. It's a shame the coupon only works so long as you are getting 50$ or more of stuff but I found it useful in this case. Buck, my betta, is going to have quite a variety of things to occupy himself with.

I managed to get to the LFS just as they were feeding their stock so I managed to while away 30-40 minutes just watching as a large variety of the fish ate. Since I only got a betta currently, and had a wider variety of fish when I was younger, I ended up experiencing a nostalgia blast I wasn't prepared for. It also allowed me to figure out just how much the employees know about what their doing and I was pretty satisfied with what I heard and saw from them since as they were feeding I noticed they were examining the fish for sickness and stress signs.

When I got back to dorm, I went through the process of testing my Betta's water. Overall results were pretty good, with pH being a little high (7.4) but not too much so. Ammonia is a little higher (0.25 ppm) than I would like so I am doing a partial water change tomorrow to see if that doesn't help it lower some. Other than that, everything was all good, Nitrites and Nitrates both coming out as 0 ppm, so I'm pretty happy. I'm not all that surprised since the tank my Betta is in has been cycling for three weeks now and should be almost through the cycle, hopefully.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com