Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-12-2017, 07:58 PM   #11031
Aquarium Advice Regular

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa512 View Post
Fluval stratum will be in Tom yay. Now I can at least have my substrate at 2 in in the front an prolly an inch taller in the back.. partial water change after. Maybe a plant as well. Hopefully some ramshorn snails from tmaire as well.

Attachment 293212

What a lovely setup, it looks like a garden. Great composition. The driftwood is awesome!

Old 01-12-2017, 09:16 PM   #11032
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks, it actually 2 pieces I cut off from a bigger piece of spider wood. Jus screwed them together with a screw.😁

Old 01-12-2017, 10:14 PM   #11033
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Hopefully some ramshorn snails from tmaire as well.

Attachment 293212

You just say the word!
Old 01-12-2017, 10:28 PM   #11034
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMaier View Post
This has just been an exciting week!
Enjoy!

Quote:
Thanks, it actually 2 pieces I cut off from a bigger piece of spider wood. Jus screwed them together with a screw.��
Like magic!!! Good job.

~~~

Found a dead shrimp in the TT shrimp tank and a molt making me wonder if it died after molting or if there was another shrimp death. After moving around all the plants, mosses and Subwassertang, which pretty much cover the center of the tank (so I can not see much of the substrate), I didn't find any bodies or parts of bodies or dead shrimp. So that was a relief, but I did a 40% pwc to be on the safe side.

Took a cute pic of the snail and a shrimp.

Due to taking the water level so low I was so very tempted to just do a clean out on the TT tank but then I just wasn't too sure which tank I really wanted them in. 6.6G or 12G Edge or 5G Spec. Left it for about 45 min. but couldn't decide.

Wanted to just use the substrate from their tank to save money and not have to worry about any ammonia for the new coming shrimp build, but still didn't help me decide which tank. Also was concerned that if I did get Pure Red Line Shrimp if there was any left shrimplets from the Tangerine Tigers, it would ruin everything.

So as to not have that happen I will use new substrate and none of the plants from that tank! Ugh I will need to get new moss too.

Cleaned out the gravel from the 12G Edge I emptied with the pwc water from the TT Shrimp tank, and the 20G pwc from the 72G. I had just left it in a tote waiting for the snails to come up to save them, but nope didn't see any.

Spec - Removed 2 brown Ramshorn snails replaced with 3 red ones to the Spec, also moved the out flow towards the top for additional ripple because it was getting a bit of film on top from lack of movement.

Going to feed everyone frozen lettuce ice cubes and frozen Tubifex and Mysis.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 04:55 PM   #11035
Aquarium Advice FINatic

50% water change. Added more substrate. Moved the blyxa an AR mini around.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170113_145053.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	293262
Old 01-13-2017, 05:13 PM   #11036
Aquarium Advice Freak

Spent a little bit of time today wrapping my head around how I want to scape my 75g... came up with this, then realized I didn't take hardscape into account *facepalm*Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3094.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	293263
Old 01-13-2017, 05:36 PM   #11037
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkieam View Post
Spent a little bit of time today wrapping my head around how I want to scape my 75g... came up with this, then realized I didn't take hardscape into account *facepalm*Attachment 293263
Lol best thing is to jus take your time. An it will turn out awesome in the end.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:44 PM   #11038
Aquarium Advice Freak

Picked up some meds for my tank
Euthanized a starving neon who had a cyst on his lip

Trying to determine best course of action for treatment, as I only have enough meds for one tank but the Betta was exposed too

Probably start a thread tomorrow
Old 01-13-2017, 11:59 PM   #11039
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Research shopped for a few things. Did not find the substrate. I am thinking I will set up the tank with a bare bottom until the substrate finally arrives.

Rinsed a couple more plants and some do not see algae hairs, but see algae on others. The Petrified Wood stone log is seemingly clean as ever.

Added the sponge and ceramic media from the 12G into a busy tank to stay full of great BB.

Going to do a pwc on the 46G.

Maybe doing a mock up of the 12G Edge. Now that the plants are started on the de-algaeification process. Will be dosing Excel or Glut to get it down.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

FW & SW
Old 01-14-2017, 03:47 AM   #11040
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Started with something fun in the 12G Edge... It is cloudy, so no pics.

Took pics of numerous little creatures in the SW nano, found all the creatures I was looking for with the exception of the 2nd Serpent Brittle Star, found one which had moved - the one with the more reddish banded tentacles, now still looking for the one with the blackish bands. The one I was worried went out in the Chaeto.

Will try to load the pics tomorrow. I really like that little tank - so full of interesting tiny things.

Here is one, which are very tiny - the crowns are the size of a small green pea, note the grains of sand. They are tiny filter feeders, fan worms, like feather dusters but very tiny. The white part of the tube is about the size of a pencil lead.

Community Rules

FW & SW

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com