Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #1101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx
I moved my last remaining marbled crayfish into my 56 gallon tank this morning and changed about 60% of the water in that tank when I got home from work. Power is still out, and the 5 gallon tank crashed bad last night. All but one Marbled cray were belly up by the time I changed their water last night, and I'm pretty sure most of the snails and shrimp in there are gone, too. Thought I might pass out hauling the buckets in the hot house today, but I managed. I'm going to see about picking up an adapter for my new water changer tomorrow when the local hardware store reopened from labor day. Good news is, power will be back Wednesday at the latest, and today starts a two week vacation from work so I can get my tanks back into prime condition once we get power back on.
If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. I got some damage over here but all is well with my tanks. Tore out all te damaged Sheetrock already and started to install the new stuff.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:11 AM   #1102
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post
I moved my last remaining marbled crayfish into my 56 gallon tank this morning and changed about 60% of the water in that tank when I got home from work. Power is still out, and the 5 gallon tank crashed bad last night. All but one Marbled cray were belly up by the time I changed their water last night, and I'm pretty sure most of the snails and shrimp in there are gone, too. Thought I might pass out hauling the buckets in the hot house today, but I managed. I'm going to see about picking up an adapter for my new water changer tomorrow when the local hardware store reopened from labor day. Good news is, power will be back Wednesday at the latest, and today starts a two week vacation from work so I can get my tanks back into prime condition once we get power back on.
I am sorry you're having to go through this.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:03 AM   #1103
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx
So sorry to hear this, if i could help i definitly would :/
Old 09-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #1104
Aquarium Advice Freak

Painted back of 150 a pale pale baby blue. Not sure if anyone else will like it, but I do.

Put the p. delhazi, gourami, and pleco in...they are exploring the new space and seem to like it.
Albino cory isn't thrilled but these are the tank mates he's used to.

29 FW just became a temporary home for 4 small
African brown knifes (knives? ). And a silvery pictus cat.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:05 AM   #1105
Aquarium Advice Addict

I put the rest of my background on my 5 gal tank today. The big day was yesterday! My 5 gal pico reef is finally cycled so I bought 2 nassarius snails, 3 blue leg hermits, and an emerald crab!

I also got some co2 booster for my 55 gal planted community. I've dosed it 3 days in a row and my plants are more vibrant already!

I could stare at these tanks all day every day. I love them! Now I need one for my bedroom!
Old 09-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #1106
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
I'm at lowes right now getting an adapter so I can use my python! Power came back Tuesday afternoon, everyone is fine other than 4 out of 5 marbled crays. I think the remaining one is enjoying the 56 gallon, but I need to get my 5 gallon up again because that little girl has snipped a few fins already...
Old 09-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #1107
Aquarium Advice Regular

Cleaned the glass on my roommate's new 155g bowfront in the livingroom, and gave his and my plecos some fresh zuchini. Tried getting some better photos of my mystery cichlid with some success (camera can't seem to take a shot in proper focus). Up next: I need to get off my lazy butt (and the forum lol) and go remove 90-100 lbs. of lace rock from my cichlid tank so I can gravel vac and re-arrange the caves for the arrival of my 4 new electric yellows, joy!
Old 09-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #1108
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleA
Cleaned the glass on my roommate's new 155g bowfront in the livingroom, and gave his and my plecos some fresh zuchini. Tried getting some better photos of my mystery cichlid with some success (camera can't seem to take a shot in proper focus). Up next: I need to get off my lazy butt (and the forum lol) and go remove 90-100 lbs. of lace rock from my cichlid tank so I can gravel vac and re-arrange the caves for the arrival of my 4 new electric yellows, joy!
155g bow front. I need to see this.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #1109
Aquarium Advice Regular

Crappy photo thanks to my phone
No fish in it yet, just the Pleco you can faintly make out perched vertically on the rock in the middle of the tank.

1/2 inch thick glass... this thing is freaking heavy! Had to rent a trailer to haul it and had a little trouble getting it into the house... lol!

Right after he saw the 46g bowfront cichlid tank I got for my B-Day... he went and bought this to start a cichlid tank to show me up or something Totally not a competition here, geez!

Old 09-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #1110
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Just got my sink adapter set up for my water changer! Bad news, that thing ate up my hand when I was screwing it on. So, I'll do a water change when I'm sure I've stopped bleeding. Ow ow ow ow... I also picked up some frozen bloodworms to restart my frozen food collection. Lost it all in the power outage. I think I'm going to get a little plastic shoebox to organize all of it in the freezer this time around, too.

Edit: I'm doing my first ever python-assisted water change. This is wonderful. Vacuumed up some debris, and now I'm sitting on the couch watching the water drain from my tank. I haven't had a water change this easy since I started a siphon on my water hose and drained the tank out the door, but I had to start that siphon by mouth, which sucked, pun intended. Why, oh why, did I wait this long to get one of these things...

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com