Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-18-2017, 01:07 PM   #11091
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barliman View Post
Unless that tank is massively overstocked, the 30 is more than enough.
This tank has cycled three times, and I don't want it to happen again!

http://injaf.org/
http://www.instagram.com/thedelicion
nirbhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 06:27 PM   #11092
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

finally got my new leds up , there even nicer than my old ones ,
I used flower pot hangers to hang them worked out great ,
the lights are the Mars Hydro they bring out more color in the fish also the corals

54seaweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:27 PM   #11093
Aquarium Advice Addict

Recharged purigen. Pitched few handfuls of floaters. Mixed new fluid and filled DC.
Got a banana plant 2 weeks ago. It arrived in horrible condition but has grown very well.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:53 AM   #11094
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Can't make up my mind to get a few, 6-8 PRL from 2 different sources to compare the quality. The nice higher quality is not available but the price is the same, so I would rather wait for that higher quality option again (if it ever happens).

Skipped visiting the far away lfs today as any spare "mad" money is spoken for in the shrimp and substrate. Skipped picking up the Fluval Shrimp and Plant strattum as it was $18 more expensive and I have to drive a far ways to get it.

Very sad that they didn't have at least a mildly competitive cost for it. I do not have enough money to waste like that. Would have probably paid an extra 10 for it, but 18! It can be delivered to my door step and save 18.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 07:33 PM   #11095
Aquarium Advice Regular

I have done two full water changes since I last posted on this thread. The first one I did, Wednesday this week, resulted from a bit of a scare from an unusually high Ammonia rating from the testing I do before every water change. I had either 1 or 2 ppm and either way I was freaked out. The only good thing from that testing was that both Nitrites and Nitrates were still zero.

I've been keeping an eye on Buck's behaviour, but nothing seems out of the ordinary beyond the reading the test gave me in the tank that one time...honestly Buck's been visibly happier in the time between the first water change and the one I did today. In the time between the first water change and today's water change Buck has; taken to greeting me when I come into the room, doing a little dance for me when I show up in the morning to give him his Breakie, and making the biggest bubble nests I have seen from him so far. I just wish I thought to take a picture the bubble nests before I did the water change. It's been pretty rewarding for me to just watch him, honestly.

Anyways, today's water testing showed that the ammonia levels were not nearly as bad as the ones from the prior test, with Ammonia readings of 0.25ppm. Nitrites and Nitrates are both at zero so that is pretty good as well. Buck's been doing well, and is enjoying the little tunnel decoration I got for him so far. He has managed to remind me of my younger self once by...getting himself stuck again. I don't understand just how, but in the five minutes I was watching him adjust to the new arrangement of decorations in his tank he managed to go from pinning himself with the wall thermometer, to having buried himself under a plant right by the tunnel, both of which were buried under gravel. He reminds me so much of how I used to be when I was younger that it almost hurts. Fortunately, Buck hasn't managed to seriously hurt himself in his little 'adventures' around his tank. No ripped fins, no damaged scales, nothing. Just bruises to his ego and a minute of stripe time from his panicking.
AnimalKrazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:30 PM   #11096
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Did a big water-change as I found my alk to be off the charts , prepping tank for coral order , finally got to order my 2 yellow coris wrasses , they are finally back in stock 1 for each tank ,

got macro's placed into sump . I never saw so many pods in macro like this they are swimming all over the sump , watching fish chasing them around in main tank it's like major feeding frenzy as they shoot out of the return ,

noticed my Vlamingi Tang had a major growing spurt , I would have noticed sooner but he likes hiding in the rocks . he must of grew 3 inch
Save
Old 01-20-2017, 09:01 PM   #11097
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Just found our angel of three years dead. Devastated
Old 01-20-2017, 09:26 PM   #11098
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

what you find just the bones , that had to be a weird feeling finding it after that long of a time. surprised it was still recognizable after that long a time
Old 01-20-2017, 10:57 PM   #11099
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post
what you find just the bones , that had to be a weird feeling finding it after that long of a time. surprised it was still recognizable after that long a time

No, it had been three years since we got him. He died this evening
Old 01-21-2017, 01:03 AM   #11100
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Turned on the lights in the AM and fed them in the PM. Spent 5 min looking at a new type light and thinking it over, not now.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com