Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-24-2017, 11:59 PM   #11141
Aquarium Advice Regular

Tried finding an electric sander plus a saw so I can finally clean and size the wood for both of my 10 gallons.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:00 AM   #11142
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalKrazed View Post
I did a rescape of my Cube tank today, and mixed up the decorations I have in with Buck. Took out the plastic grass tunnel and replaced it with a small cichlid cave, 5 inches diameter and 7 inches tall I am guesstimating...Looks something like this:

I rearranged the gravel I got in there so it slopes from the left side down to the right to add some variation...I've found that Buck likes it when I mess around with even stuff like that.

Oh, I also managed to make a quick trip to a LFS place and grabbed a single portion of Duckweed. I really like the looks of most water plants and I figured what better way to start my entrance into trying that out then with a weed...I'm liking the look of it so far and I think Buck is liking the addition as well. Here is hoping my Black Thumb of Gardening Doom doesn't extend to killing water plants too.

Lol. that last statement though.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:29 AM   #11143
Aquarium Advice Regular

Well, did another WC last night. Water testing went over well, and I feel pretty good about how clean the tank looks currently. Duckweed is not doing well though, but I am spotting bright green dots of plant material floating in the tank. I think those are seeds, so here's hoping they germinate soon and don't die. Looks like I have some research on a water weed to do today.
AnimalKrazed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 08:30 AM   #11144
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalKrazed View Post
Well, did another WC last night. Water testing went over well, and I feel pretty good about how clean the tank looks currently. Duckweed is not doing well though, but I am spotting bright green dots of plant material floating in the tank. I think those are seeds, so here's hoping they germinate soon and don't die. Looks like I have some research on a water weed to do today.
Duckweed died? Did it get submerged somehow?
Old 01-25-2017, 08:34 AM   #11145
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
That was the wrong link
CRS Grading Card

The link doesn't take me to a pic. I will just have to wait a few month for the big reveal in your tank!
Old 01-25-2017, 08:35 AM   #11146
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by flchamp89 View Post
Duckweed died? Did it get submerged somehow?
Yeah, when I got it from the LFS some of it got submerged in the baggie. I'm assuming since you brought it up that this might have killed those particular duckweeds, right? If so, than the plants that are still alive and green at this point would be the plants that didn't get submerged and will hopefully repopulate my tank right? Thanks for pointing this out.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:38 AM   #11147
Aquarium Advice Addict

Duckweed about as tough as it gets lol. I would be amazed if in 90 days your not trying to give away 50lb sacks of it lol
Old 01-25-2017, 08:44 AM   #11148
Aquarium Advice Regular

Well, here is hoping. My twin brother and I have both had difficulties trying to raise plants...so long as we are trying to do so indoors. Raise plants outdoors, no problems whatsoever. I've had hibiscus do really well outside, managed to get it to last to late Fall. Try to raise really hardy plants, like my brother's cactus, indoors and somehow the cactus will get too much water and deflate on itself.

Here is hoping that the Duckweed is as successful as everyone thinks it will be. I have a couple of plastic containers, ones I use to hold my WC water as it dechlorinates, set up to hold any excess, if the duckweed is that successful. I have a LFS I am hoping will buy it off me.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:29 PM   #11149
Aquarium Advice FINatic

So finished sanding and painting the tank stand, added cabinet knob I bought at home depot.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170125_150950.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	293824

This is the finished product I like it better then the Staind wood look. I don't know if I Wana make a canopy. Prolly not

I have 35 lbs of fluval stratum I ordered online. Was only 65 an 17.5lb bag of stratum at my LFS is 54.99. so thank you amazon and I have the finnex 24/7 SE as well. I say about 2 to 3 weeks, I will start a post of the Mr aqua 17.1
Old 01-25-2017, 05:35 PM   #11150
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa512 View Post
So finished sanding and painting the tank stand, added cabinet knob I bought at home depot.
Attachment 293824

This is the finished product I like it better then the Staind wood look. I don't know if I Wana make a canopy. Prolly not

I have 35 lbs of fluval stratum I ordered online. Was only 65 an 17.5lb bag of stratum at my LFS is 54.99. so thank you amazon and I have the finnex 24/7 SE as well. I say about 2 to 3 weeks, I will start a post of the Mr aqua 17.1

Looks good

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com