Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-28-2017, 11:04 PM   #11161
Aquarium Advice Freak

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3175.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	239.1 KB
ID:	294039

Received my driftwood in the mail today... can't wait to get started! Only a few things left to go!!

Old 01-28-2017, 11:11 PM   #11162
Aquarium Advice Regular

Did my weekly 25% water change in both tanks and rearranged them. Took my holding female out and put her in a net breeder in my fry tank. Took a 1.25" juvi out of the fry tank and put it in my bigger tank. Now that I rearranged my fry tank all the fry are hanging out together now. My king tiger pleco is pretty pissed I changed the tank around and just lays under the rock. Can't wait to see how many fry i get this time. I only got 10 the last or that's how many made it till now. The newest juvi addition doesn't quite know how to act around the big fish like the one that has been in there for awhile. New is just hiding in the cracks. Hopefully will learn to not be afraid. Tried to get a newer pic of my dominate male but he just chills at the bottom now that his woman is gone. Here's one from about a month ago.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Image1485662170.414082.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	202.0 KB
ID:	294036   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1485662399.778299.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	238.8 KB
ID:	294037  

Name:	Image1485662464.217496.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	227.1 KB
ID:	294038   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1485662847.062533.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	294041  

Name:	IMG_4112.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	294042  

Old 01-28-2017, 11:16 PM   #11163
Aquarium Advice Regular

Also did a reseal on the 55g I picked up cheap. Had a reptile in it so had to get rid of the ammonia infested old sealant. Always looking for decorating idea for this new set up. Feel free to share your tank with me!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Image1485663306.710291.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	294046  
Old 01-29-2017, 02:20 AM   #11164
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkieam View Post
Attachment 294039

Received my driftwood in the mail today... can't wait to get started! Only a few things left to go!!
That's gnarly and oh so cool!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonColle View Post
Did my weekly 25% water change in both tanks and rearranged them. Took my holding female out and put her in a net breeder in my fry tank. Took a 1.25" juvi out of the fry tank and put it in my bigger tank. Now that I rearranged my fry tank all the fry are hanging out together now. My king tiger pleco is pretty pissed I changed the tank around and just lays under the rock. Can't wait to see how many fry i get this time. I only got 10 the last or that's how many made it till now. The newest juvi addition doesn't quite know how to act around the big fish like the one that has been in there for awhile. New is just hiding in the cracks. Hopefully will learn to not be afraid. Tried to get a newer pic of my dominate male but he just chills at the bottom now that his woman is gone. Here's one from about a month ago.
That is a beautiful fish. What is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonColle View Post
Also did a reseal on the 55g I picked up cheap. Had a reptile in it so had to get rid of the ammonia infested old sealant. Always looking for decorating idea for this new set up. Feel free to share your tank with me!
Looking very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMaier View Post
Lost one of my oldest snails in my main tank yesterday.

...old cleanest water
So sorry to hear of the loss, I hate that.

old cleanest water... Like the thread, You know you are a fish nerd if you know exactly what that means!!!
~~~

Took a few minutes after looking at shrimp colors, to look at a some 3D backgrounds which are available, and some are a life savings to buy!!!

I have one which I got in a trade and never have used just in case it might have got wasp spray overspray as it was in a corner not too far from a huge nest I sprayed and the air grabbed some of it and it took off towards that item. Which is a real bummer as I had planned to use it on the 72G next time I moved it or broke it down.

Some fish are likely going to their new home tomorrow!!

Started keeping my eyes open again for a good price on some Clown Loaches or at least some really healthy looking ones for a reasonable price. I do not want to order them, I would like to see them first.

Okay My Metro 14 came in the mail YAY - 2 liter (glut / & threw out the activator) what is the ratio to water? Anyone can PM me THX

Hoping my plants will respond well. Need to dig up the ole root tabs I have stuffed somewhere, (like a squirrel before winter).

Back to the background - I am wondering if it will take up too much space, I'm concerned about getting a perfect fit in an Edge's awkward space. Might just buy the frosted glass coating as a background so I don't have to think about it for awhile, lol. But then there are a couple different options with frostiness. Nothing is simple anymore!!!

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 03:40 AM   #11165
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Oh my goodness gracious/ OMGG !!! My Amazonia tracking says it is in the mailbox, but I didn't go on Saturday. Got here in 2 days! Wow!!! I am shocked.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 09:50 AM   #11166
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Well I usually get them locally - so far anyhow from hobbyists, have been searching all around and just started looking at the Bloody Mary shrimp.

Ah, just saw that last night, looks VERY impressive Wish I could get a tour...but too far away!

~~~
Just worked a lot, but not on the tanks.

Checked for tissue culture plants at the lfs, but there was nothing in good condition, last night. Have to try another in the next couple days.

Now the hard part begins.

What is the new scape plan going to be?
Grant has been a hobbyist for some time now. A big chunk of what he sells is his own stock. He gave up his day job in December to do shrimp full time after cleaning house at the shrimp and scape competitions in Chicago.

Look him up on facebook and you can talk to him in the various shrimp and planted tank groups. He's local to me so we're usually bidding against each other for plants at the club auctions. Good guy, I enjoy being around him and talking fish and shrimp. Very easy to talk to doesn't talk over your head and will explain something if you ask him to.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:02 AM   #11167
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Oh my goodness gracious/ OMGG !!! My Amazonia tracking says it is in the mailbox, but I didn't go on Saturday. Got here in 2 days! Wow!!! I am shocked.

What came in the mailbox? I missed something.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:40 AM   #11168
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMaier View Post
What came in the mailbox? I missed something.
I think shrimp possibly, not sure at all but want to find out 😀
Old 01-29-2017, 10:53 AM   #11169
Aquarium Advice Regular

Autumnsky he is a eureka red peacock cichlid
Old 01-29-2017, 11:05 AM   #11170
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sunday maintenance day
30 percent wc, trimmed moss, trimmed remaining parva leaves with bba, picked some gha, replaced zeocarb, tore apart filter and cleaned, pitched bunch of s.minima. Tank is 5 1/2 months now doing pretty good.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com