Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-12-2017, 11:35 AM   #11241
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Really happy b/c my LFS had an exchanging filter deal where you can give in any old filter and get a new Aqueon filter of any size if you buy a pack of cartridges. I gave in an old Marineland Biowheel and got the QuietFlow50 LED PRO. I payed around $20 for the 3Pack of cartridges but it was a great deal.
Also finally put one of my (many) sponge filters to use and set it up in my betta's tank. Toby looks happy
I've been doing weekly water changes because my angels have been dying from high pH and nitrates. Did a 25% today with gravel cleaning and the nitrates are down to around 40 but the pH is still pretty high. Might have to buy some sort of treatment. We'll see!

Old 02-12-2017, 12:25 PM   #11242
Aquarium Advice Addict

Big wc. Got tds down close 200. Clado 95 percent gone. For those that dont use H2o2 you should. I did four applications throughout this week. Really cleans things up. Tank is super clear and clean looking. So im at about 6 month mark. Macro and micros will be increased this week.

Old 02-12-2017, 12:56 PM   #11243
Aquarium Advice Freak

Received order from AZ Aquatic Gardens, which they messed up, waiting to hear back from them. Planted water wisteria and vals, and my ramshorn snails immediately began to eat the vals. 😐 My tank is now 100% live planted, nothing artificial.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:18 PM   #11244
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntimelyLord View Post
Received order from AZ Aquatic Gardens, which they messed up, waiting to hear back from them. Planted water wisteria and vals, and my ramshorn snails immediately began to eat the vals. 😐 My tank is now 100% live planted, nothing artificial.
Never seem ramshorns eat plants. We're they in poor shape?
Old 02-12-2017, 01:26 PM   #11245
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

My Val's melted, snails ate them, and now they are coming back.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:33 PM   #11246
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by flchamp89 View Post
Never seem ramshorns eat plants. We're they in poor shape?
Yeah, although I trimmed off the worst looking leaves. I'm hoping they come back from the roots.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:36 PM   #11247
Aquarium Advice Addict

Id say there a very good chance. Id watch the glut since they are stressed.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:46 PM   #11248
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by flchamp89 View Post
Id say there a very good chance. Id watch the glut since they are stressed.
Thanks, will do
Old 02-12-2017, 02:49 PM   #11249
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Before bed last night found the 12G Edge tank without the filter running again. Asked hubby if the circut breaker had blown and he said yes, he's always so surprised how I know that it happened. Irritatedly once again pleaded for the heads up as the filter loses suction and as it is a little older and now run for accumulative hours without cooling water, the motor has been hot numerous times because of this problem and issue. Why I can't move my big display tank to that wall/plug/circuit.

So got that back running but barely, told him he's buying me a new filter for it. Probably instead will just get a 2 or 3 pack of the motors as I have about 5 of these size filters (not all in use).

Then middle of the night went to let out the dogs and realized I had been distracted and forgot to turn the tank lights out on the other side of the room :headbang:

Did pwc on SW MA tank and 1.25G pwc on Nano. Need more SW, been upping the frequency of changes. Thinking of a possible 40% pwc on the 72G. With a canister filter flush. My goal is to get this tank tds down and freshened up still need to do the substrate spot clean. Hmmm decisions, decisions, lol.

I'd like to get the tank close to my present tap water parameters and have been using lots of minerals to make sure it has buffering capacity and doesn't crash. I am striving to reduce that amount and find an amount which does the trick but doesn't raise the pH and tds up as much.

50% Pwc on the 12G Edge, forgot this tank last week. No fish just some nomming RH snails eating off the decay of the H2O2 dipped plants. They looka little ruff compared to the previous glory, but are coming around, and I want to keep them with good clean water for healing/regrowing!!!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 02:56 PM   #11250
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1128.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	294798
Got my new onyx clowns to replace my ones killed by the chain store

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com