Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-12-2017, 05:40 PM   #11251
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

PWC on the Biorb 30ltr and the 20long Nursery. I actually managed to melt some guppy grass. I thought that stuff was immortal.

Old 02-12-2017, 06:05 PM   #11252
Aquarium Advice Regular

Tank of the Month Award

Treated my driftwood branches with hydrogen peroxide, hopefully that kills the fuzzy black algae/fungus on it. Did a small pwc on 20 gallon and cleaned out filter and intake (the new plants I got really clogged it up with their tiny leaves). Can't wait to get a new hood and substrate for that tank!

Old 02-13-2017, 12:35 AM   #11253
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Nice fish!

I got a little more done than I thought I would.

Did 2 50% pwc on the 72G. So far fish seem happy and alive. Cleaned off a bunch of Green spot algae. Picked off a few near dead Anubias leaves. An algae covered Crypt leaf.

I got Metro but haven't used it yet as I am not positive on the ratio and keep forgetting about it.

Cleaned out the bucket of cholla wood and rinsed off one piece which was a large size but turns out old and brittle was getting some mold or fuzzy stuff.

Tied on the Buce to the neat Cholla thin solid one.

The flower is on the lower right 1/3 line.

Pic of the whole thing ~18"

And ended up finding some strands of Fissendens in the roots and stuffed it into the end hole of the Cholla. I can't believed it lived this long. I usually kill that in a couple weeks.

Did a pwc on the 12G TT tank too.

And watered the potted plants outside with the pwc water in our record breaking warm streak this week here in Denver!!! After babysitting the whole day while after the record wind storms ripped off roof at my house and knocked down 5 sections of their yard fence a couple days ago. Having a rip roaring good time here!!!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 09:00 PM   #11254
Aquarium Advice Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1487037320.656738.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	199.4 KB
ID:	294905
Got my new tank mostly set up. Have some caves coming in the mail tomorrow for my cichlids to be happy in. Got 4 zebra loaches ordered to patrol the bottom! I think my king tiger pleco will have plenty of tank wall to clean and keep it busy.
Old 02-14-2017, 03:53 AM   #11255
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Cloudy shot right after cleaning.

Had tons of microbubbles (increased over a few hours) and the filter was making burping noices, and I realized the air bubbler got bumped over next to the intake and tons of air was getting inside! Well I moved the bubbler, and then burped it a few times by unplugging it and plugging it back in and beautiful clear as can be after it had time to filter out the bubbles and muck!

I will try for a better shot later.

The 3 Koi Angels

Cleaned up some plants, moved some Wisteria, tucked the Pleco cave into the substrate, hid the cuttlebones, moved a DW, planted the sad Sword, looking for any remaining fert caps for it to maybe resurrect. Planted/tied the Anubias Nana Micro on the stone. Picked off some dead leaves.

Added some window film rice paper style to the back of the 12G Rimless Mr. Aqua Tangerine Tiger tank.

Found out that the DW I selected for that tank will be mine and should arrive end of the week, beginning of next. Plus two more smaller pieces one to cover the 12G Edge intake and another which spoke to me but not sure what I will do with it.

Can't wait for the rescape of the 12G. Also considering changing the TT to the 6.6G Edge, but I am having a hard time deciding.

The baby Platy number up to around a dozen. I see a few larger ones so at least 2 batches there, now that the catfish and the Angel is gone they have a chance of survival. But they better grow up fast because I plan to move the Angels and maybe some new baby Angels in there.

Can possibly move them out to the 5G Spec which is housing snails right now. Kinda was still wanting a Betta, but, the auction is coming soon, and was really thinking of some Apistogramma (haven't decided on which ones to start looking for yet, a couple I really was impressed by)

Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

Old 02-15-2017, 02:51 AM   #11256
Aquarium Advice Freak

This morning I cleaned up my 100 liter basin. 50 liters of old water reserved. Because of the beneficial bacteria.
All the pots out, All the fish out, the gravels out. Clean the gravel with lukewarm water.
Then plants reduced, fish sorted, removed. A lot of work. I only do this every half year. There was a lot of dirt in it. It was worth it. This was of old
Old 02-15-2017, 07:05 AM   #11257
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur75 View Post
This morning I cleaned up my 100 liter basin. 50 liters of old water reserved. Because of the beneficial bacteria.
All the pots out, All the fish out, the gravels out. Clean the gravel with lukewarm water.
Then plants reduced, fish sorted, removed. A lot of work. I only do this every half year. There was a lot of dirt in it. It was worth it. This was of old
A good tank clean out is good every now and then.
Looking good Arthur!
(GBR pair, 3 amano shrimp and a whole bunch of snails!)
Nils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:12 PM   #11258
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

In 29 gallon, did a 75% water change due to ich recovery and also to get tannins out of the water from the mopani wood. Reduced heat from 86 to 84. Kept boiling mopani wood.

In 5.5 gallon soon to be breeder tank: took the shrimp out (phew!) and tested for ammonia. The vial was a wicked shade of green. Added some bottled beneficial bacteria and that's it!
Old 02-16-2017, 12:24 AM   #11259
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Cleaned the prefilter on the Tangerine Tiger tank, my flow was low.

After rummaging around for some things, found some things I had needed to find like a little Mag Float glass cleaner. Cleaned the algae off of the front glass of the Edge Nano SW tank, wow, does it seem cleaner and brighter being able to see in the tank!! hahaha.

Searched the used online ads for the ideal deal on the jumbo tank of my dreams. Still dreaming, lol.

Last night finally got an email from AFA about the Amazonia, I think it took so long be cause of the note I left was in the feedback are you happy section and I will give them the benefit of the doubt since I did get a message last night when trying to send a new message about how the seller may not get the info in the message.

Any how AFA wanted a picture of the the mouldy smelling substrate so they could deem it defective or not. Anyone see the issue, not smellivision!!!

I sent them a few pics. I told them fix it or not, but send me a return tag so I can get the stinky stuff out of my living room. So I will be returning this bag of mouldy stuff. After having to empty it out into a white kitchen trash bag so I could get a clear pic of it, I wondered how it would hold up in water. It really seems like little silty dirt balls (which smell mouldy) Clouded up the water and was a mush like consistancy after touching. made a silty mess in a cup. After about 20 hours of sitting it was a bit clearer. I swirled the cup and had nothing but a nasty mess. So after that I think it might work well in a terarrium situation barring the mouldy issue.

But do not want to deal with a mess like that in my shrimp tank or any tank really. Deciding on Up Aqua or Fluval Shrimp and Plant Stratum. Will not end up with the crazy ammonia issue either. Probably a blessing in disguise.

Community Rules

Old 02-16-2017, 08:31 AM   #11260
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Autumnsky do you have a thread of your tanks somewhere you update?

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com