Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-26-2017, 06:09 PM   #11301
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Dunked all the DW into the 46G to start soaking, a couple hours later, every snail in the tank is either already on the DW or headed in that direction.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 08:56 PM   #11302
Aquarium Advice Freak

I did a 50% PWC on my 20 gal. Didn't realize I was doing such a heavy change until I replaced 9 gallons of water (took out 8.) I did a good gravel vac. It was SO much better today after giving bloodworms twice a day for the past 6 days due to chronic constipation problems. The floor was so much cleaner. Now it is just a matter of doing deep gravel cleans on a weekly basis (with the pwc) until it is good and clean. I feel like my tank is so dirty sometimes. But in reality, it's the cleanest it has ever been since original set up and New Year's Eve restart/clean/transport in 2015. The edges of my tank, the gravel gets bad along there and the corners. But other than that, it's pretty clean. Today was supposed to be a fasting day. Buuut, I fed them twice with bloodworms since that's good for their digestive system, too. And of course, I watched them eat away.
Click image for larger version

Name:	1488156402072.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	237.1 KB
ID:	295567

Old 02-26-2017, 09:00 PM   #11303
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by megi-lin View Post
I did a 50% PWC on my 20 gal. Didn't realize I was doing such a heavy change until I replaced 9 gallons of water (took out 8.) I did a good gravel vac. It was SO much better today after giving bloodworms twice a day for the past 6 days due to chronic constipation problems. The floor was so much cleaner. Now it is just a matter of doing deep gravel cleans on a weekly basis (with the pwc) until it is good and clean. I feel like my tank is so dirty sometimes. But in reality, it's the cleanest it has ever been since original set up and New Year's Eve restart/clean/transport in 2015. The edges of my tank, the gravel gets bad along there and the corners. But other than that, it's pretty clean. Today was supposed to be a fasting day. Buuut, I fed them twice with bloodworms since that's good for their digestive system, too. And of course, I watched them eat away.
Attachment 295567
Looks clean. Good job.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:01 PM   #11304
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

PWC on the Snail/Shrimp nursery. Canister clean/rinse. Prefilter is doing the job, no shrimp in the canister. Moved things around a bit too.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:28 PM   #11305
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

Found my first suicide today: I had been wondering why I had only been seeing one otocinclus for a while, finally thought to look behind the aquarium with a flashlight...

Yep, there he was, and he'd apparently been there for a while, a little dust-bunny mummy. RIP, little Oto.

Why do they always pick the most out of the way, hard to get to places to do this?
Old 02-27-2017, 03:46 AM   #11306
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I dropped in some cucumber & broccoli and then fed my millions of guppy fry with liquifry. That's it really!
Old 02-27-2017, 08:17 AM   #11307
Aquarium Advice Freak

Discovered that goldfish think melon is ice cream Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0659.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	232.1 KB
ID:	295586
Lol!
Old 02-27-2017, 01:06 PM   #11308
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Many heaters come with guards now to help protect the sucking, sticky critters and bettas.
I haven't seen anybody rest on the heater in the other tank, even though it's longer and still horizontal. We got a second of that type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMaier View Post
Also did some work prepping my new tree for ties. First I ran out of stainless wire and then fishing line....2/3 done. Woohoo trip the the craft/crap store today!!!
I'm so excited to see what you do! I'm sure it will be amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassymomma View Post
Discovered that goldfish think melon is ice cream Attachment 295586
Lol!
Awesome!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1488215120255.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	295598

Ready for a very short dry-ish start!

Not sure how to keep the snails in the same tank separated from the puffers without it looking terrible.

http://injaf.org/
http://www.instagram.com/thedelicion
nirbhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:13 PM   #11309
Aquarium Advice Freak

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Perhaps the snails could enhabit a "critter keeper" ?

I bought a pretty terrarium for the Betta to hang out in today, but it looks like an alien coming to abduct the islanders lol!

Good thing I'm never satisfied with my tank, and always happy to make changes:p

I think I'll go back for a couple more and put them on the bottom, surrounded by plantsClick image for larger version

Name:	Image1488215570.368965.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	295599Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1488215645.498930.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	210.8 KB
ID:	295600
Old 02-27-2017, 04:09 PM   #11310
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

oh no what I do I did it again . ordered another bulk box of coral frags like I did a few years back I must be insane lol , LPS , SPS , Softies I hope I have enough room . just couldn't resist the deal 60+ frags , think I may be adding a few islands on the sand bed , picts in next day or so , gives me a excuse to start another tank. .
Save
Save

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com