Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #1131
Great white snark

Tank of the Month Award

Spray painted the back of my new shrimp tank black, getting ready to go spray paint the backs of 2 5.5g tanks for some bettas.

Also working on my fire-bellied toad tank. Making sure the pond area is sealed.

AA ToS
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/misc.php?do=sknetwork&page=tos
DragonFish71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #1132
Aquarium Advice Freak

Come home from work this morning and found little baby mickey mouse moons Not sure if both females dropped fry or just one. Woke the wife up to tell her. As we were watching them I was worried that one of them would try and eat the fry so I put alil food in the tank. Well the orange moon was swimming along the bottom on the hunt it seemed. She would suck up some dead leaves from the plant then spit it out, suck up some flakes then spit it out. Well she obviously found what she was looking for cause she sucked up a fry and never spit it out :-( needless to say, both females went back into the community tank as of this morning. Went to the lfs today to just browse around. Checked out the tank that has the gbr's in it since I've bought one and was thinking bout another and found this

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120908_155004.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	117462

If anyone doesn't know what that means, it means "NO SALE"! The tank had ick. And that's just one of the reasons that I like my lfs. He won't sell anything if he knows there is something wrong with them. He also is very knowledgable and nice too

Old 09-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #1133
Good.

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to bud29
I got fish today.

I picked up 8 silvertip tetras, 1 baby BN pleco, and 1 unidentified shrimp. I also got a bottle of Seachem Flourish for when I get my plants, which should be in a few days. It is so nice to look at my tank and actually see fish in it!

UPDATE: The shrimp has been identified as an amano.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #1134
Aquarium Advice Regular

Removed all the fish that came with my 46Gal. except for the Powder Blue, and put them in a separate 40gal. tank, as they all were hybrids. And i didn't have the heart to put them down, so my roommate said he would take them in. My Powder Blue will be moved along with my Kenyi to a temporary 20Gal. home.
So now my 46 gal. bowfront is a species-only Labidochromis caeruleus (Electric Yellow) tank. Thinking about trying my hand at breeding them :P
Old 09-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #1135
Great white snark

Tank of the Month Award

Found an awesome sale today. Got 12 Australian Rainbows for $.80 each and 3 pictus cats for $1.25 each. All safely stowed away in QT awaiting their new homes.

AA ToS
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/misc.php?do=sknetwork&page=tos
DragonFish71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:09 PM   #1136
Good.

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to bud29
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish71 View Post
Found an awesome sale today. Got 12 Australian Rainbows for $.80 each and 3 pictus cats for $1.25 each. All safely stowed away in QT awaiting their new homes.
I saw some Australian Rainbows at the store today, and wanted to get some. Did some research, and there is no way I could have them.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #1137
Aquarium Advice Regular

Also cut out a section of the lid on my 20 Gal. Community tank to add a second filter.
Started making a list of needed materials and planning the swap from gravel to sand in my cichlid tank, and painting the back glass. Excited!

Except I'm not sure where to put my fish while the tank undergoes a facelift...
Old 09-09-2012, 02:22 AM   #1138
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
I fed the fish and mourned my lack of prime. I want to set up my 5 gallon again, but it needs nice new dechlorinates water, and the week without power ate up as much prime as I usually go through in a month or so since I was pouring double doses in all tanks every two or three days to help neutralize ammonia, and doing water changes to try to make up for no filtration. The massive water changes I did when the power came back used the last bit I had. But I have a massive bottle coming in the mail Monday or Tuesday.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:29 PM   #1139
Aquarium Advice Addict

Finally began the cycle for my 46g.

Did my weekly 50-60% water changes for the other 2 tanks.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #1140
Aquarium Advice Addict

Normally don't feed on Sunday, but I had fresh cucumber. So I had to share. Hope my clown pleco and those dang mts like it.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Emails | - »