Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-13-2017, 11:44 PM   #11401
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Work out alright???

Cute and fun to make one!

Yeah, Planted Bowl that size not too good for a Betta, poor thing if it were to contain a Betta, as someone might do from the craft recommendations. Walmart has a nice 3G container which is around $10-12 like a round old fashioned canister. Like this shape

I've been eyeing the type jar which has a stand, looks like a Mason jar and you keep lemonade or ice tea in to serve. For a planted "bowl" for shrimp.

If that Gourami doesn't get yellow, you got a Opaline Gourami.

~~~~~

Watched the Cherry shrimp in their planted bowl chasing each other around in circles like a race track...must be mating time.

Here is a fun (older) thread about planted bowls with lots of nice pics
Planted Bowls!

Yesterday, tried to buy someones Cardinal School of about 50 but they were already sold.

Thanks for showing me this So many great jars there. I actually considered doing the 5gallons water container idea.....quick water changes as you just open the spout and pour as much as you want to change lol.

I keep my guy in the 29community most of the time though so another tank would just encourage me to get another Betta

Old 03-14-2017, 12:51 AM   #11402
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Took a few pics

Bucephalandra Flowering Possibly Theia Blue according to N & T

Little CPO after eating, before he was perched in the "tree" waiting for prey to come by. Fed him a pellet and this is after he ate I guess. He seems more content.

Last night I found that the local ranch store has a 700+G round metal horse trough/livestock water tub for about $260. For a "pond" set up that would be fantastic, basically the same price as for a 300G. Not too sure I have the right spot for it - 11' across.

Considering 2 different styles of tanks, would only pick one though, just thinking so far. Which would replace a few other ones. One is a SW and one a FW.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 08:25 AM   #11403
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Flower is lovely! I have never heard of a SW pond?
Old 03-15-2017, 09:12 AM   #11404
Aquarium Advice Freak

7am water change

Betta is lethargic on the bottom of the tank after aenorabic pocket was disturbed during last nights changes, shooting ammonia to .50 overnight

I'm hoping he perks up after a few 25% changes throughout the day

Matt joined in to "help"Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0732.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	227.9 KB
ID:	296293
Old 03-15-2017, 02:09 PM   #11405
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMaier View Post
I bet you can feel the Amano picking away at your tasty human flesh.
You know, I have sometimes thought I've heard a tiny voice saying "Someday, air-breather. Someday..."
Old 03-15-2017, 02:33 PM   #11406
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barliman View Post
You know, I have sometimes thought I've heard a tiny voice saying "Someday, air-breather. Someday..."

Hahaha. That is the stuff of nightmares. Or B Movies genius plot line.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:56 PM   #11407
Aquarium Advice Addict

Went to the fish nerd place with the intent to special order a small school of pseudomugil furcatus. The owner said, "You know me, right? I usually have a good selection, right? I have things you can't find anywhere else, right?" He hadn't had any when we were there last week, but he did today!

Got six of those beautiful buggers and three more kuhli loaches to round out our shoal.

We also got black worms for the puffers, who colored up very brightly slurping them up like spaghetti.

I don't have a light on the QT, so it might be a bit before I can get good pictures.

All of the guppy fry are in QT. Fish nerd place guy said no more store credit for them, so I'm not going to bother growing them out anymore.

http://injaf.org/
http://www.instagram.com/thedelicion
nirbhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 05:31 PM   #11408
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Love the furcatas. Very colorful and active. Here's a pic (credit Google) in case anyone is not familiar with them:
Old 03-15-2017, 05:55 PM   #11409
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks, Fresh. They really are very pretty. I can't wait to see them under the nice light.

http://injaf.org/
http://www.instagram.com/thedelicion
nirbhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:54 PM   #11410
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Nirbhao, what a nice addition to the tank, sounds like a fun day at the fish nerd store, except the guppy fry part with no more credits, but it was nice to get what you could for the others.

TMaier - Not a SW pond for me but I have heard about breeders with "swimming pools", for SW fish, specifically one for Clown fish breeding, it was in a house for sale my daughter toured.

A Cichlid guy nearby I talked with had a some circumference size 4' or 5' ( a while back and can't recall exactly) swimming pool ( like you set up in the back yard) set up in his family's basement with smaller pools for other grow outs. I think he was paying for some schooling that way.

~~~~

If I get around to it this evening might get some online shopping done for a few staples and maybe register for the Aquatic Gardener's Association Convention, sometime this week anyway.

And possibly test the ADA Amazonia Light Aquasoil for ammonia.

The Buce flower by the end of the night was just the spadix center nub and a bit of spathe looking like a collar around the bottom, so I am glad I was able to get the pic of the thing intact! Maybe see another one coming can't tell yet whether it is a new stem or new flower bud, I love this plant, water plant growing flowers, Yipee!!!

There are many reports of the varieties of Buces having flowers, but I still feel it's a special treat getting to see them in my tank!

One other plant report/status is the Marselia it is still alive in the fast flowing center of the Edge where the water in out flowing, and in the planted bowl 0 movement, the 12G Edge where it moved to the back corner getting some movement (floating) but alive!!! It is so pretty. I will get pic later.

Fish are doing well, no deaths from the new fish last week.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com