Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-23-2017, 09:23 AM   #11471
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post

Daughter came to visit and I was saying about what a crazy time I was having with the fish and we looked at pics of her old tank, the 46G and the fish, some still remain. She said let me see if I can catch him. I told her all 3 Swordtails would need to be caught, so any would be a bonus.

In - no exaggeration here...one minute she caught a female, and in 2 minutes she caught the male!!!!! 3 minutes. WHAT??????!!!!!!!!!

can't believe it, And I am a really good fish catcher (normally) Still can't believe it!

Your fish know all your moves! She threw some new stuff at them they couldn't anticipate. Lol

Old 03-24-2017, 04:21 PM   #11472
Aquarium Advice Freak

I bought myself a Milwaukee Regulator w/ solenoid, bubble counter, and needle valve today. It should be here early next week. 5lb CO2 bottle will be here Monday. Got my Saga CO2 inline diffuser in a few days back. Now just to get the plumbing figured out to pipe it into the return. The Saga has 16mm hose connection and I am running 3/4PVC on my return. Not sure if I want to just put the diffuser inline on the main return pump or T it in and use a small pump to mix the CO2 in. I am concerned that I may be restricting the flow to much if I plump the diffuser inline of the main pump. 0.5" hole compared to the current 0.75" hole.

Did a 40% WC. Ammonia 0ppm, Nitrite 0ppm, Nitrates 40+ppm before the WC.

Cheers

Current Stock - 14 Columbia Tetra/11 Serpae Tetra/16 Prisella Tetra/6 Yoyo Loach/1 Red Tail Shark/ 10 Giant Danio /2 Lazer Corys/6 Bolivian Rams/4 Otocinculus / 7 Panda Corys / 3 Borneo Suckers / Flame Moss / Moneywort / Vallesaris / Java Fern...
jeffruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:09 PM   #11473
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMaier View Post
Your fish know all your moves! She threw some new stuff at them they couldn't anticipate. Lol

So true! That last female fish which had been swimming all around the front of the tank looking for its friends for a couple hours, disappered instantly when I walked over to the tank to make another attempt that night before bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffruth View Post
I bought myself a Milwaukee Regulator w/ solenoid, bubble counter, and needle valve today. It should be here early next week. 5lb CO2 bottle will be here Monday. Got my Saga CO2 inline diffuser in a few days back. Now just to get the plumbing figured out to pipe it into the return. The Saga has 16mm hose connection and I am running 3/4PVC on my return. Not sure if I want to just put the diffuser inline on the main return pump or T it in and use a small pump to mix the CO2 in. I am concerned that I may be restricting the flow to much if I plump the diffuser inline of the main pump. 0.5" hole compared to the current 0.75" hole.

Did a 40% WC. Ammonia 0ppm, Nitrite 0ppm, Nitrates 40+ppm before the WC.

Cheers
NICE!

~~~

Okay, today I found out I will be getting a beautiful huge pair of mature Discus from a fellow hobbyist. I am so thrilled. He's moving and reducing a couple hundred tanks in giant fish basement, down to a smaller amount (unknown what number that is!!!lol, easier to take care of.

My head is spinning with the news, beautiful - I think, Red Turquoise. I have seen them before a couple times in person and I mentioned I would like them but the price was significantly higher. Last CAS meeting I mentioned I was still interested, and just found out they still needed a home. Not sure how long they live and these are a number of years old, I would guess more than 5. Will find out tomorrow evening how old.

Going to start getting the heat moving upwards in the 72G now. Cross checking the high temps for the rest of the fish and plants will take a little time.

The WCMM will be moving over to the 46G.

Considering moving the some of the Green Lantern Platy to a pond outside this summer. They would love to eat mosquito larve.

Going to move the female Koi Angel over to the 72G maybe move some of the DW over there too.

Going to do a pwc in the 72G add in slightly warmer water to get the heaters headed in the right direction. He's giving me an extra heater too.

Got some more fish to try and catch,

Oh, and this guts my fish auction fund for April 1st!

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:49 PM   #11474
Aquarium Advice Addict

I picked up a small rosebubble last week. It's grown already and it's gorgeous. I also started dosing my tank

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 02:37 PM   #11475
Aquarium Advice FINatic

50% water change
Move the red plants to the right of the tank

Click image for larger version

Name:	1490313857792.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	296747

Name:	IMG_20170325_123223.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	296746
Old 03-25-2017, 11:40 PM   #11476
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Good but continually stressful day.

Went and picked up the Discus and the water was 7pH mine I tested this morning was 6.9-7 looked about 7.

Temp was matched and some fish moved out of the 72G to get ready. We are shooting for 84F soon. But for this week 80-82F. Which it is higer for a couple fish and fine for the rest. Still needing to move a few plants too and probably Pepper Cories.

Tested72G tank last night and then again after the 25% pwc to make sure everything was good.

Temp 80F (Discus were in 82F)
Ammonia 0 0
Nitrite 0 0
Nitrate about 15 unk
GH 9-10 unk
KH was .5 unk

Added some calcium and it is at 1.5-2

This is the top numbers for the tank in since forever.

Happy about that. Still need to rinse out the Filter pads and add the Matrix and new Ceramic media pellets

Got the 2 - 8" Discus Turquoise and (a maybe Red) Turquoise, maybe a male and female pair

3 very long fin Angelfish 2 Male Koi and one Silver Lace female

They were acclimated from the old water to the new water, even more carefully than the owner recommended. But the fish are not happy in the tank yet.

I even retested a couple things to make sure I got it right. One Discus seems fair and one unhappy.

These fish are so amazing I have been praying for them to be alright.

Majestic and beautiful.

Got the extra heater, a bunch of Black worms, the Discus favorite treat.

A gigantic 12" and thinner 8" chunks of Bolbitis.

Both Discus are upright and hiding in the back of the tank. I fell a bit better after nearly 3 hours clenched jaw and tense muscles waiting to see how they are.

The guys were in a side aisle tank and didn't see much people activity on a daily basis but they were in a smaller tank and now this one is about 2x thair size.

I am wondering about a few more to help them feel better.

Budget has run out for more of them atm.

MAybe a pic soon

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 12:20 AM   #11477
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lost a puffer. Very bummed.

Trimmed some new plants pretty much down to the rhizomes because of the stubborn algae. There's more I need to do with them, but that can wait.

Fiddled with CO2.

http://injaf.org/
http://thedelicion.com
nirbhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 01:11 AM   #11478
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

PWC on the Biorb and added some endlers to entertain the Betta. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7963.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	296781
Old 03-26-2017, 08:34 AM   #11479
Aquarium Advice Addict

5 gal wc on sw, 50% on both 30's. Flooded the basement and spilled my cheese it's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 03-26-2017, 09:38 AM   #11480
Aquarium Advice Regular

Name:	1490531676684.jpg
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	296803Click image for larger version

Name:	1490531684444.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	296804Click image for larger version

Name:	1490531699915.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	296805Click image for larger version

Name:	1490531717659.jpg
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	296806 I upgraded my tanks got a 55g so I took my community 36g and upgraded to the 55g and my 20g to the 36 I love the new look

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« 8 gallon stocking? | - »