Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #1151
Good.

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to bud29
Today I took ownership of my sister's 5 gallon betta tank. She had basically neglected it. I did an 80% water change. I will probably have to do large water changes like that for a few days in a row. There is tons of crap in there.

I did a very small water change for my 30 gallon. (I changed about 2.5 gallons) I really didn't need to change any water, my parameters were perfect and I had done a 90% wc two days ago, but the fish poop on the sand was bothering me.

I also placed an order for some plants and some more fish.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:18 AM   #1152
Aquarium Advice Regular

Tore down my tank, scrubbed off the few algae spots that were on it.
Painted the back of my tank black. Removed the gravel and replaced it with eggcrate and about 80-90 lbs. of pool filter sand. This included about a 90% water change.
So far my cichlids are LOVING the sand, dancing around and digging in it.
Not to mention the difference in all-around appearance is incredible! Makes the colors of the fish really pop! I'll post some pictures after I finish getting everything back together

Old 09-11-2012, 05:28 AM   #1153
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Fished out the remains of a leporinus that I just bought yesterday for mom's 55. Somebody didn't like him. There's already two in there with silver dollar and balas.

Oops.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #1154
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Cleaned out my 5 gallon and refilled it with clean water, then put my marbled crayfish back. I'm pissed at her right now, I think she ate my beautiful longfin albino Pleco during her stint in my 56 gallon. I'm hoping she's just hiding and will pop up again soon, but I've looked pretty much everywhere. She was pretty much the smallest, daintiest fish in the tank, so I'm sure she was fairly easy prey. Her tail was snipped off earlier in the week, and the cray had snipped a few fins in her week in the big tank. Ugh.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:13 AM   #1155
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx
Cleaned out my 5 gallon and refilled it with clean water, then put my marbled crayfish back. I'm pissed at her right now, I think she ate my beautiful longfin albino Pleco during her stint in my 56 gallon. I'm hoping she's just hiding and will pop up again soon, but I've looked pretty much everywhere. She was pretty much the smallest, daintiest fish in the tank, so I'm sure she was fairly easy prey. Her tail was snipped off earlier in the week, and the cray had snipped a few fins in her week in the big tank. Ugh.
That is no good. Back to solitary confinement.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #1156
Aquarium Advice Addict

Water change in my 75 gallon African tank, 8 gallon SW and my BC29. Now I can relax.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #1157
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcdebb View Post
Fished out the remains of a leporinus that I just bought yesterday for mom's 55. Somebody didn't like him. There's already two in there with silver dollar and balas.

Oops.
Ouch. I am sorry that happened. You just never know.

Started a batch of brine shrimp.

Got the Aqua Planner app for iPhone, entered info from notebook. Very interesting how it graphs water test info.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #1158
Aquarium Advice Addict

Pwc and gravel vaced the 10&29. haven't did a gravel vac in a few weeks, boy I forgot how smelly all that crud is. Also trimmed plants.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #1159
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Same as every day, 10 gallon water change (220g tank), added ferts, tested water, tidied up plants, checked to see how the angelfish pair was doing with their eggs (day 2). New pair so kind of expect the eggs to be gone by morning. Then did the same on the other smaller tanks. But hate to admit, the big tank is my favorite so always gets that little extra bit of attention.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #1160
Great white snark

Tank of the Month Award

Got my glass lids for new shrimp tank, Put some pieces of DW in our pond to soak. Working on my order for Eco-complete and a few other things. Got my titanium heater in today. Watched my new rainbows spawn (and the pictus eat the eggs) Counted 3 batches of bolivian ram eggs, 1 batch of GBR eggs, 1 batch of albino BN pleco eggs, 1 batch of angelfish eggs and 1 batch of firemouth eggs.

I'm going to be a grandma to the Nth power if they all hatch.

AA ToS
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/misc.php?do=sknetwork&page=tos
DragonFish71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com