Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-15-2017, 04:25 PM   #11681
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Soo... I found some blyxa Jap. Someone at the LFS brought some for trade in so I took it lol it's was alot of blyxa so much didn't know what else to do with it

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170415_141927.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	298076

Old 04-15-2017, 04:41 PM   #11682
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa512 View Post
Soo... I found some blyxa Jap. Someone at the LFS brought some for trade in so I took it lol it's was alot of blyxa so much didn't know what else to do with it

Attachment 298076

Score! Lucky...

Old 04-15-2017, 06:44 PM   #11683
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:

Attachment 298076
Very nice problem to have.

Pwc on TT shrimp tank a couple gallons cleaned the prefilter sponge
the 12G nano fish tank about 2+G,
3G on the cycling 12G SW had to remove a bunch of the food balls I put in there they just got stuck in the chaeto and never broke apart. Yuck. Will test the Nitrite to see where we are at on the cycle. Might add a couple snails if it looks alright.

Pwc on the 6.6G SW nano
pwc on shrimp bowl

Add water for evap on the rest of the tanks, and guess a couple ounce bottle of Prime doesn't last around here so need to go get some more.

Need to vac out the left over food in the 29G and do a 1/3rd pwc.

And remove some Spiky DW and move those Angels in the 72G when I get a spare few minutes /hours.

Right now only see one nice looking baby Albino BN Pleco in the Spec V. There were 2. Maybe it is hiding in the tubes maybe not. (I think I saw a Albino already staying in the cave again in the 72G).

I don't think I am liking this tank as it seems the flow is lousy and gunk isn't getting sucked up.

Noticed that the giant Crypt is now melting in the 46G - the plant with the Angelfish babies. And it is because of the broken light fixture. The single CFL isn't cutting it.

Also looks like I can't see more than a few little baby Angelfish left right now. Trying to decide about saving some or not this time. The parents could have moved them to a different leaf too.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:14 PM   #11684
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Nursery tank all the plants were put back in. PWC to get out more meds. Haven't seen any planaria but added 6 wiggler Khuli's to take care of them. I know they will snack on a shrimplette if one is careless but I don't need hundreds of shrimp.

Baby Biorb PWC and cleaned and moved the 5 nippy Endlers in there. Took all all of the ramshorn but 2.

Reds biorb got a PWC and added 6 young Galaxy Rosboras. Hoping they will entertain him and not attack him. Lol.

Potluck Easter tomorrow so I made lasagna. Not a big ham gal.

Did a little weeding, a load of laundry, and boy do I need the glass of whiskey now.

Old and aching.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:27 PM   #11685
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMaier View Post
Nursery tank all the plants were put back in. PWC to get out more meds. Haven't seen any planaria but added 6 wiggler Khuli's to take care of them. I know they will snack on a shrimplette if one is careless but I don't need hundreds of shrimp.

Baby Biorb PWC and cleaned and moved the 5 nippy Endlers in there. Took all all of the ramshorn but 2.

Reds biorb got a PWC and added 6 young Galaxy Rosboras. Hoping they will entertain him and not attack him. Lol.

Potluck Easter tomorrow so I made lasagna. Not a big ham gal.

Did a little weeding, a load of laundry, and boy do I need the glass of whiskey now.

Old and aching.
I hear you on that got water changes Tom on my birthday an some good ol BBQ and Easter egg hunting with the kiddos
Old 04-15-2017, 11:27 PM   #11686

Quote:
Bought 13 celestial pearl dannios today one of my favorite fish
pics or it didn't happen!
Old 04-15-2017, 11:33 PM   #11687
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchMuch View Post
pics or it didn't happen!
Posted some on my thread they are just really small an hard to see . I did have one death so far but they had just got them in that day I bought them . But 13 left and I meant I bought 14 not 13
Old 04-16-2017, 11:13 AM   #11688
Aquarium Advice Addict

At my parents' house for Easter. Have to have the egg hunt. We came over Friday night, and I'm terrified of something happening and coming home to tanks of death.

I don't know how people survive leaving their tanks for several days. I mean, I know not everyone worries like I do, but I don't think I could do it.

We're going to a wedding this summer and we'll be gone f five days. I'm going to be a wreck.

http://injaf.org/
http://thedelicion.com
nirbhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:08 PM   #11689
Aquarium Advice Addict

Everything will be fine, your a very skilled, caring hobbyist. Your tanks always look great. If you have any issues you have a whole forum of moral/technical support.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:24 PM   #11690
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

We went away for 3 days and it was all gone. Power had gone out the first day and when it came back on it tripped the power strip. Didn't have a tank for a decade after that.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« 8 gallon stocking? | - »