What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh no!! That's awful! I went to get a 90 gallon once and it turned out to be a 55... I was so mad! I can't figure out how people don't know how to measure something right.

I think that they lied to me on purpose bc the man n woman both had different stories .. he kept tryin to tell me it was a 100g then he said he didnt know when i asked him to measure it which i knew it was a 55g.. then he sat there n told me n the hubby he bought 2 55gs like that one for his oscars he had .. i hate liars. The woman even told me today she was draining the tank so it would be ready for me today the man said he had it sitting cleaned up in the shed.. what gives ..

Meet a guy on reef2reef
Had to drive a hour and a half to get them though
the closest reef club
Middle Tennessee Reef Club
uses r2r for their forum and they guy I met is a mtrc member
I posted a thread on their site asking if anyone in my area has coral for sale and he replied
He also sold me a new 65watt coralife 10k pc bulb for $10

They look nice! good deal!!!

50% clean on my elephant nose tank and added some sand, so it's half sand and half gravel. Now want it all sand! Does anyone know if i could remove the rest of the gravel and put in sand in a couple of days without issues?

50% clean on my elephant nose tank and added some sand, so it's half sand and half gravel. Now want it all sand! Does anyone know if i could remove the rest of the gravel and put in sand in a couple of days without issues?

I think if you remove all the gravel and add sand you will probably need to do a really big pwc afterwards so you don't get a nitrate spike.

Can we see a pic of the tank? :)

I think if you remove all the gravel and add sand you will probably need to do a really big pwc afterwards so you don't get a nitrate spike.

Can we see a pic of the tank? :)

Thanks, it looks better with the sand lol i was only going to have half and half but the sand wind! So how would you change it? Here's a pic its still a bit cloudy

ForumRunner_20130228_201048.jpg

ForumRunner_20130228_201056.jpg

Thanks, it looks better with the sand lol i was only going to have half and half but the sand wind! So how would you change it? Here's a pic its still a bit cloudy

I love the look of the light and dark sides!!! Great job :)

View attachment 155952

View attachment 155953

Looking beautiful!

By any chance do you like the way it looks mixed? You could see if you like it and add some river pebbles which have both the deep dark colors and the lighter sand colors....

Cleaned the sand in the 6.6G Edge, and rescaped.

Removed appx. 135 cherry shrimp mostly blue and Bronze, some tan and red were in there too, between last night and today. There were at least three brand new shrimplet drops, a so tiny could almost not see them, whitish, a blue and a tan group, then a little bigger but pretty new Blue and bright red.

There were babies everywhere.

Getting ready for my Orange Eye Blue Tiger shrimp which will be coming next Wednesday. Putting in two little guppies to keep the ammonia going for the BB. Until they arrive. There are three of the Brigittae Rasbora, but they are soooo delicate. I stressed them out just moving them today, and one looks like he's not doing so well.

Added 5 pounds of (same black) sand to my 6.6G Edge. Weird though that what I bought a year ago was coarse and what I got today was definitely more fine in texture. Oh well mixed them together. Added the new driftwood and all the same rocks back in and some plants but it was a little jungle so I trimmed and edited the plants.

Added two Anubias, and one other plant, I am not totally sure about if it is a little Crypt or something else. What ever it really is ...(blasted "assorted potted plant" tags) it looked perfect for what I wanted next to a rock.

Bought two Marble hatchets (that's all they had today, $2.99 each) for the 37G.

And got 6 or 7 Rainbow Platy. ($1.00 each sale)

Looking beautiful!

By any chance do you like the way it looks mixed? You could see if you like it and add some river pebbles which have both the deep dark colors and the lighter sand colors....

Cleaned the sand in the 6.6G Edge, and rescaped.

Removed appx. 135 cherry shrimp mostly blue and Bronze, some tan and red were in there too, between last night and today. There were at least three brand new shrimplet drops, a so tiny could almost not see them, whitish, a blue and a tan group, then a little bigger but pretty new Blue and bright red.

There were babies everywhere.

Getting ready for my Orange Eye Blue Tiger shrimp which will be coming next Wednesday. Putting in two little guppies to keep the ammonia going for the BB. Until they arrive. There are three of the Brigittae Rasbora, but they are soooo delicate. I stressed them out just moving them today, and one looks like he's not doing so well.

Added 5 pounds of (same black) sand to my 6.6G Edge. Weird though that what I bought a year ago was coarse and what I got today was definitely more fine in texture. Oh well mixed them together. Added the new driftwood and all the same rocks back in and some plants but it was a little jungle so I trimmed and edited the plants.

Added two Anubias, and one other plant, I am not totally sure about if it is a little Crypt or something else. What ever it really is ...(blasted "assorted potted plant" tags) it looked perfect for what I wanted next to a rock.

Bought two Marble hatchets (that's all they had today, $2.99 each) for the 37G.

And got 6 or 7 Rainbow Platy. ($1.00 each sale)

Thank you! Definitely want all sand think the fish would like it better. How would you go changing the rest of the gravel? Was going to do it in a couple of days and do a big pwc. Had to take my babies back :(

Thank you! Definitely want all sand think the fish would like it better. How would you go changing the rest of the gravel? Was going to do it in a couple of days and do a big pwc. Had to take my babies back :(

What??? They not eating? Sorry to hear that :-(

What??? They not eating? Sorry to hear that :-(

My big guy went on the war path yesterday wouldn't let them eat, they were getting stressed out and so was he. Had to do the right thing for them all, mine has settled down now. Im devastated can't believe my luck :(

Sorry you had to take the babies back. :(

To get rid of the gravel I'd just remove some water, put all the plants in the water you removed, then start scooping out the gravel into a garbage bag or bucket. Then do a big water change when you're all done putting the plants and sand in.

This is how I would do it. I'm not sure if it's the best way, but I think as long as you do a big pwc and maybe a 50% pwc the following day then it should be just fine.

My big guy went on the war path yesterday wouldn't let them eat, they were getting stressed out and so was he. Had to do the right thing for them all, mine has settled down now. Im devastated can't believe my luck :(

Good on you. Shame tho :-/

Sorry you had to take the babies back. :(

To get rid of the gravel I'd just remove some water, put all the plants in the water you removed, then start scooping out the gravel into a garbage bag or bucket. Then do a big water change when you're all done putting the plants and sand in.

This is how I would do it. I'm not sure if it's the best way, but I think as long as you do a big pwc and maybe a 50% pwc the following day then it should be just fine.

Thank you for your help :)

Back
Top Bottom