Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-23-2017, 01:17 PM   #11751
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by flchamp89 View Post
No biggie...I just thought you did. Im getting caught up on your posts. Its not that bad. Youll get it straight in no time.
Second that opinion, you do a great job!

Old 04-23-2017, 02:16 PM   #11752
Aquarium Advice Activist

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliban07 View Post
I wonder what the cue is for algae to appear just for co2? The plants must send out some kind of trigger. Either that or ammonia fluctuations due to inefficient uptake.

Less co2 means less nutrient/light uptake by plants therefore algae utilize the extra light and nutrients. Very delicate balance indeed and doesn't take much to tip the balance scale. Algae always waiting for the slightest opportunity and doesn't need much to take hold.

Old 04-23-2017, 03:51 PM   #11753
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Added 7 chili rasboras
I dwarf gourami
2 otos
4 amano shrimp

Plan to get at least 10 more chilli rasboras if lfs has some
Also added some hydro sp Japan to far right corner it was emersed so see how long that takes to switch to submersed
Old 04-23-2017, 03:51 PM   #11754
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Day 37
Dwarf baby tears is growing but slowlyClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170423_144336.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	298448
Old 04-23-2017, 04:02 PM   #11755
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Nursery tank and Baby Orb got a PWC and vacuum. Glued some rhizome to rock. Gonna do some water change in Big Daddy Orb too.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:29 PM   #11756
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

Did a major trimming on the 20-long this afternoon. Happy to say I've got the algae problem mostly under control, not so happy to say I had to toss away some very nice Ludwigia trimmings. Wish I had a club nearby i could have taken them to. I took some pics that I'll post in an update to that tank's thread.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:20 AM   #11757
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Barely saw the fish tonight. Fed and said hi. I have odd Gourami which swims in a circle upside down when he's eating or wants to take a look at something - always looks like it is dying for a second but it eats a pellet or dodges an Angelfish and it has been doing this for a couple years just freaks me out a little when I see a long ~5" wide fish swim upside down.

Kept seeing a small fish a fry growing larger, in the 72G thinking it was an accidental Platy fry (as in tank was only supposed to be male Platy), just realized it is a Rio Otappa Mexican Sword baby!!! Surprising it made it to over haf inch and now doesn't seem so afraid of the big Angelfish.

The other night I also saw 2 of the SAE doing a wiggle giggle tango dance next to the cave, not that I would ever expect a baby of theirs to survive but I am pretty sure they were doing a baby dance.

Saw them acting differently around the front of the tank and finally got over there and that was it, they didn't want any observations and went to the back of the tank. But cool to see.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:23 AM   #11758
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Barely saw the fish tonight. Fed and said hi. I have odd Gourami which swims in a circle upside down when he's eating or wants to take a look at something - always looks like it is dying for a second but it eats a pellet or dodges an Angelfish and it has been doing this for a couple years just freaks me out a little when I see a long ~5" wide fish swim upside down.

Kept seeing a small fish a fry growing larger, in the 72G thinking it was an accidental Platy fry (as in tank was only supposed to be male Platy), just realized it is a Rio Otappa Mexican Sword baby!!! Surprising it made it to over haf inch and now doesn't seem so afraid of the big Angelfish.

The other night I also saw 2 of the SAE doing a wiggle giggle tango dance next to the cave, not that I would ever expect a baby of theirs to survive but I am pretty sure they were doing a baby dance.

Saw them acting differently around the front of the tank and finally got over there and that was it, they didn't want any observations and went to the back of the tank. But cool to see.
I had a Honey Gourami that fed like that lol
Old 04-24-2017, 05:28 AM   #11759
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Just too weird, lol!

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:48 PM   #11760
Aquarium Advice Addict

Finally finally finally got all of the timers and trippers I need to have the lights, solenoid, and Bubbles the dinosaur scheduled.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170424_214121.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	298518
Maxime can tell time. The air pump was minutes from starting when she moved over and waited. Hilarious.

http://injaf.org/
http://www.instagram.com/thedelicion
nirbhao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com