Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-24-2017, 11:42 PM   #11761
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirbhao View Post
Finally finally finally got all of the timers and trippers I need to have the lights, solenoid, and Bubbles the dinosaur scheduled.

Attachment 298518
Maxime can tell time. The air pump was minutes from starting when she moved over and waited. Hilarious.
OMGG ROFL Snail tells time!

~~~
My big ole Discus looks okay and swims out to seemingly communicate she is hungry. I just sat down and out she came!!! Beef Heart for everyone!!! When I walk up to the tank sh exits to the cover of Anubias Barteri and Nana behind the flopped out intake. Heading to the freezer to pop ut the cubes and defrost, lest she get a brain freeze.

Actually did NOT get in to the nano and Wabi-Kusa classes for AGA 2017 Conv, but I am on standby probably along with 100 other people. But I can watch for free if there is enough room to stand for 2 hours hahahaha. No tank and no goodies.

Because of an unexpectedly busier than usual schedule, I will not be switching over the SW nano tank this week - doing a couple pwc, not sure which tanks yet.

Friday AM will be at the AGA conference helping, maybe at the registration - or somewhere else. If anyone is going, PM me!!!

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:41 AM   #11762
Aquarium Advice Activist

Some general cleaning and trimming and fertilizing.

The spray bar on my 29 gallon tank keeps getting stopped up, reducing the flow to a trickle. Every few weeks I have to take it off and scrub it out. I've just pulled it off for now, but I'm plotting long-term fixes. Maybe larger holes... When it works, it provides nice water flow throughout the tank, but when it stops up, it's useless.

Ordered some frogbit off Ebay. There's quite a few popular floating plants that are invasive/illegal in TX, but this one doesn't seem to be. So, we'll give it a try!

Old 04-28-2017, 12:34 PM   #11763
Aquarium Advice Addict

Major major major water change. The Java Fern in the 29 gallon looked like a ball of threads, so I took it all out, removed the plantlets, and dropped the weighted stuff back in. I have a one gallon bucket about halfway filled with what I removed. I'll be tying and gluing that soon!

I dosed everybody with PraziPro. I think the snails might have a parasite. It's an NTD that's getting more attention, so I wouldn't actually be surprised. Just bummed out.

The otos and shrimp are going to town on the algae on the leaves of the plants, which is AWESOME.

I can see why people love shrimp now.

Water backed up into the bubble counter again. Check valves should be here Tuesday.

I also ordered some plants. Yea! I'm going to move some moss to a wall. It will look awesome.

http://injaf.org/
http://www.instagram.com/thedelicion
nirbhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:43 PM   #11764
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Tank of the Month Award

Today I bought some new plastic plants, mini ones and small ones, to add to my 10g tank. I bought some root tabs for my new Anubius nanas I bought a few days ago and added one. Did a 25% water change, rinsed the filter and changed the carbon filter media. So close to finishing cycling, water parameters today:
Ph 7.6, Ammonia <0.25ppm, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 5ppm.
So excited to add a new dwarf gourami! Starting to plan on buying and cycling a 2.5 g quarantine tank. Current stock: 2 African dwarf frogs and 1 platy.

Wish me luck!
BeforeClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1110.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	298651

AfterClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1112.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	256.3 KB
ID:	298652
Old 04-28-2017, 07:13 PM   #11765
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

In just the right spot in the light this ramshorn looks kinda purple.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9020.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	298653Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9023.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	298654
Old 04-28-2017, 07:22 PM   #11766
Aquarium Advice Freak

What a pretty Ramshorn. I like snails it's fun to watch them. I'm thinking of one for my 29 gallon freshwater.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:36 PM   #11767
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharmon View Post
What a pretty Ramshorn. I like snails it's fun to watch them. I'm thinking of one for my 29 gallon freshwater.
One...get a bunch
Old 04-28-2017, 09:56 PM   #11768
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMaier View Post
In just the right spot in the light this ramshorn looks kinda purple.
Nice! Great color
Old 04-29-2017, 02:04 AM   #11769
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

That RH does look purple, very cool, get some more of those breeding!!!

`~~~~~

Well too much for now but I got to go to the AGA Denver Convention and watch and also help just a tiny bit, Luca Galarraga and see him aquascape a from scratch scape for the convention.

Was there and talked with Karen A. Randal who authored a recently released beautiful book on how to do a planted tank called Sunken Gardens: and she is a delightful person. And the book is beautifully photographed too.

Such a nerd today. Not a huge vendor group but fabulous speakers and the nano class which I did not get to do was awesome opportunity for people, a huge amount of resources, gorgeous fluval tank, DW, stones of all kinds, mats and piles of plants and ground covers, my were popping out of my head!

Met and shared my fanship of Rachel O'leary. She'll be signing my book in the morning )))))) Got some free little Buceplandras starts, Mini Catherine, Narcissus Blue and Brownie Blue. A few free samples of foods and such, a big or perhaphs medium full sized bag of Hikari Cichlid food, a big poster of a Takashi Amano tank design ADA. I am having fun seeing all the stuff. Great tank from fish Crew lfs I saw at their store couple weeks ago. Looks great.

I will be trying to win a tank from Seachem in a donation raffle in support for endangered Rhino I think it was.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 02:24 AM   #11770
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
That RH does look purple, very cool, get some more of those breeding!!!

The blue black sand and the dark blue background really tinted the lighting but it was very cool to see.

I need to get some light blues....

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com