What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well.. today was long .. i worked my butt off tryin to negotiate prices on several tanks.. well it was a no go on alot of them but i had 1 person that didnt go down on the price but they are throwing in a up grade to t5 lights some driftwood some unused sand substrate from a lfs , fish food , mayb some rocks too plus they just was gonna paint the stand so i get them to stain it whatever color i want .. so im gettin my 100g 6ft tank saturday... cant wait ..

Tryin to talk the hubby into lettin my keep the 55g up n running i wanna add rams n angels to it .. so far he said no .. but he agreed to let me add alot more fish to my new tank as long as he gets to pick 1 out.. which he wants a bumble bee ... lol All n all not a bad day. :)

Not quite with my tank but rather with my tools:)this is my closet)

image-2430215944.jpg

I added hooks to hold my nets/ pruner/ algae scrubbers

still a little cloudy 65# rock

what you think of scape:lol:

I know I need a few more pounds rock

the build link is below my signature

Attachments

• 40b 007.jpg
    40b 007.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 91
A week ago I received a Wet/Dry Filter for my tank(yay!) - but it started making "the flushing noise", so today I solved that problem by moving the filter to a different position under the tank!
I can finally sleep tonight without my head stuck between two pillows!
Now if only I can figure out the "moonlight LEDs always on" problem...then sleeping in the bedroom would be possible again!
Biggest lesson I ever learnt: No matter how great of an idea it seems - never put a tank in your bedroom across from your bed (even if it is the first thing you see every morning)

Everyone's day is so much more productive than mine! All I did was try to ensure that I could sleep!

Went to lfs for a few plants, walked out with a ghost shrimp (with eggs) to try in my betta tank, 2 fancy angels (one koi'ish and one black vail style)
And possiably struck a deal for an biocube 29, as well as an 10 gal to upgrade our betta from his 2.5...

Sewed a piece of cabbage leather to a rock. moved a few other frags around still have several on my rack to get placed. Done a pwc on the saltwater tank.
Cleaned salt creep off light and hob

Joined my local reef club

Then stared at the tank most of the say lol

Thank you! Definitely want all sand think the fish would like it better. How would you go changing the rest of the gravel? Was going to do it in a couple of days and do a big pwc. Had to take my babies back :(

Soooo sorry to hear about the babies. I guess your big one wants to be an only child.

The earlier recommendation for scooping out the gravel should work. I had kept guppy fry in my little tank and the sand was pretty dirty. It would likely have been an awful amount of Nitrates to kick up.

I would take half or more of the clean top water and save it in a big plastic tub or buckets with fish, throw on the heater and air to the bucket and remove all the stuff, plants, wood and rocks, to another bucket as to keep the fish safe and scoop and rinse with treated water of course add rinsed sand.

Add most your old water to the tank, scape, then add the fish, and add the new water gradually over a couple hours if there is a pH difference from old to new, other wise just the same temp for the new treated water and wow, sand and a new scape!!!

Glad I redid mine, I was a little scared to tear it down and do it over. For my tanks I will be doing this to the rest of the tanks as I move them in the next couple weeks. Moving the 16G and the Edge tomorrow and or Sunday.

Hope your change over goes well!!! :popcorn:

The water is still a bit hazy from digging up the sub-straight, but i added this vine plant from an old lizard terrarium. I thought future fish may find it a heaven for breading, that and i like the color of it.

Attachments

• image-150164470.jpg
    image-150164470.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 59
Back
Top Bottom